Reviews for Different Horizons
C. A. phranasith chapter 2 . 8/20/2013
does this really happen if you choose the council over the citezens
bakaprincess85 chapter 14 . 8/10/2012
loved this story! :) Thank you so much for writing it!
ellenikki chapter 2 . 7/16/2012
Wow I've only read two chapters so far, but this is great! The dialogue is so authentic and the humor is spot on. Can't wait to read more :)
polarulv chapter 14 . 6/24/2012
There was no best part, I loved every sentence of it. Thank you for sharing!
LadyVampyreMiya chapter 14 . 5/9/2012
That was awesome!

I just read the whole thing, and it was beautifully written - I nearly screamed when I thought Garrus had died :P

I'm off now to enjoy the sequel, which according to your profile is only half done :(

Do hope to hear more :D
Shenlong Girl chapter 10 . 4/22/2012
I like this. I like the progressing romance and awkward Shepard. I can buy her being a weepy drunk, among other things. Her, Kasumi, and Kelly are hilarious. Her emotions over Kaiden are often nicely realistic. But this chapter... I can't do it. :-\ I can't see any Commander Shepard trying to run out to Ilium alone, panicked, plan-less, and in her jim jams. She's the epitome of a cool head in a crap situation, and while I can get needing help with details or forgetting things or even tearing up, that was too far. The other option is a total emotional shutdown at first, shoving them away til she has time to handle it. Plus, after a few days, it would have occurred to her or someone that Garrus almost had to be alive. You don't give the kidnapped person's captain a bloodied article of his clothing if you don't want her to search for him and probably find him, possibly with more help (like the vid).

I guess what I'm saying is that the plot is wonderful, chunks of this are adorable (or HOT, definitely some hot in here), but Shepard's emotionally overwrought. So I'ma keep reading, but I'm going to skim where I see her publicly despairing.
Roarkshop chapter 14 . 1/3/2012
So I read this a while ago, but never had an account until I started writing SandF so I thought I'd come back and tell you how much I liked this story when I read it! So here in lies my review for just about the whole thing: At small parts it feels a little rushed, but I never minded much cuz it was always during parts we already knew, so it made a lot of sense to just "few lines here" those parts (i do that too). OTher than that your characterization is radical and fun to read and it was one of the fan fictions that made me want to start writing my own. Very wonderful job! Keep up the good work.
Diclonious57 chapter 4 . 11/15/2011
the fish in this game were way more high matinience than real fish
TempestHeart chapter 14 . 10/27/2011
Haha OMG I just loved chapter 5, I laughed so hard! Great story!
Starlight Sanctuary chapter 14 . 8/13/2011
I loved this story to pieces. Oh my gosh... I defied my mother's pleas for me to sleep just to finish reading this story. Well... more like demands. xD I was tearing when I thought Garrus was dead! I was like, "NO! OH MY GOSH! HOLY CRAP," If I hadn't continued reading, I think I would be sobbing. Well, this totally made my morning... and now I'm finally in the mood to write from all this welling emotion! You are an inspiration. Keep up the amazing work! :D
FenixPhoenix chapter 14 . 7/5/2011
Hello Jamie,

Awesome story. I really appreciate the obvious effort you put into it. The characters were dead-on, the emotions very heartfelt and the plot was very interesting as well. I like how you managed to incorporate part of the original game sequences but twisting them to make them you own and fit the story much more. Great job on this! Kudos!
Mars Scriver chapter 14 . 6/13/2011
I really liked this. :) You definitely had my heart palpitating at points- awesome drama and suspense! I'm going to head over to the sequel now.
Obuzzerbee chapter 14 . 6/13/2011
Excellent story, I thoroughly enjoyed your plot weaving of Garrus' kidnapping into the Shadowbroker mission.

Now, that said, I'm off to read the sequel!
xbamxheartagramx chapter 14 . 6/9/2011
I had to stay up most of the night just to finish this. I love it! I really enjoyed how you stayed very close to the story line. Your use of multiple characters was awesome too. :] Thanks for writing!
obsydiandreams chapter 14 . 5/4/2011
*speechless* wow. just... wow. I cried so damned hard reading this. then for like, 10 minutes after, while i just sat there and thought about it.

beautiful. dear god i can't wait for the sequel.

The "just like old times" at the end there... damn.

so, for 3 days i've tried to comment on this. lol. three days. and i just... words are escaping me. so i'll leave it at this: I freaking love this story, it was gorgeous and had me in tears. please please write more. :D