Reviews for What Might Have Been Series
shadewatcher chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
LOVE it! Would love to see more on this. Sequels, extra chapters anything. :D
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
It would be nice if his grandparents were around

to take him in.

But Harry always had a problem mouthing off to his

teachers, if Hogwarts is a traditional boarding school

he little ass would have gotten caned, just like the rest

of the young lords and ladies.

What he really needed in canon was a backhand across the face

for a reality check.
Robert chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Just a wonderful little story you have here! I'm sure you've enough plot bunnies without my adding any more... besides, it should be YOUR story, not that of your reviewers / fans. Even those of us with the best intentions. It's your story. :)
123-321 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
well done
SlytherinHawkins105 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This is well written, it is a shame it's a one shot it would have made a great as it has so much potiental to it.
Badbonita chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Perhaps Severus' mentoring will encourage the ultimate Syltherin: disguised in the House of Lions. *smirk*

As for your idea of doing several one-shots, I enthusiastically say yes! So many possibilities.
leeb chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
I'm bummed it ended. I would lurve to read more on this.
Moi chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
Great story! Even if it sounds a bit weird: it has an unusual soft, mellow texture to it. I don't know how else to describe the feel of what it was like to read it.

However, about those oneshots: More often than not, when someone posts a oneshot I liked and than posts sequels, I tend to miss them. I read a lot of fics and after a bit cannot really remember all the titles I liked. Pity, I know. So, I'd rather you simply add new chapters to this one and maybe call it a series of oneshots in its summary.

A) I'd love to see Harry's grandparents be informed asap. Not by Dumbledore, but by Snape, preferably before Snape visits the headmaster. After all, Snape's vow to protect wasn't to Dumbledore's cause, but to Lily's child.

B) I wonder if word reaches Snape of how Harry arrived at the Dursleys. 1) Hagrid had picked him up from the destroyed house, meaning an injured 15 month old who had just miraculously survived an otherwise deathly curse was not even taken to a healer for a thorough checkup. He had an open wound on his forehead! 2) How was Dumbledore informed of the attack to send Hagrid to Godric's Hollow in the first place? 3) How could said injured toddler have been dropped off on a November night (autumn, falling temperatures) on someone's DOORSTEP, with just a letter (exact content?) and no way to return the boy to Dumbledore. That could count as child abandonment. 4) Wouldn't the Potters have thought about writing a will, once it became clear that one by one order members were being picked off and killed? They would have made provisions for their child's sake. And as canon states, a will or rather objects stated in said will cannot be kept on hold by the ministry for longer than 31 days. It couldn't possibly have been executed within hours, not even by a mere member of the wizengamot.

C) I'd like to know how McGonagall reacts, once she finds out she has inadvertently helped along child neglect/abuse. Though it WAS weird neither she nor Hagrid objected to plopping down a baby OUTSIDE of a few strangers' home. And to think, these are headmaster and deputy of an entire school full of children. *snort* On the other hand, look what Neville went through when his relatives tried to 'startle' magic out of him until he was ... nine? He was nearly drowned, fell out of a window, ... Had he indeed been a squib, Neville would have died after that last fall. No wonder Mr. Filch is so grouchy, if his family wasn't any different.

D) Hermione would know what the books that mentioned Harry (without knowing anything of his real life, mind you) said. What has Dumbledore told the public, as he has obviously lied to Snape? What to McGonagall? What kind of reports did he get from Mrs. Figg? Being a squib, she wouldn't have a reliable means to see what happens behind closed doors. Shouldn't bee too difficult to get hold of Hagrid's tales. He probably showered Harry with some parts during their visits to Diagon Alley - which would bring up the question immediately why he wasn't brought by a competent teacher as it is custom and where Harry's vault key came from. If you had a key, no questions would be asked at the bank, I suppose?

I loved that Lily managed to sneak a nearly completely different name by her own husband and as it appears by everyone else. It kept striking me as odd, how so many people could have claimed to have known Lily well in and out of school and still had nearly nothing to say about her. Slughorn, who only knew her as a student had more input to give on her than any of her so called acquaintances/ housemates/ friends of her husbands. They kept painting her as a near saint without personality traits. *huff* Did anyone, even Dumbledore, ever bother to check the official documents on Henry? If the complete name was wrong, could this provide a first means to go against any legal procedures/provisions put into action after his parents' deaths'?

Enough ideas and fragments to play with? *grin* Feel free if you can use any of this. I have still to finish writing even one of my more decent ideas of a start to a good story, let alone an entire fic.

Gonna check, if you've posted other stories so far now. ;)

Cheers,

Moi
Penseln chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
That was well done and i would like to see read more. As to a next part i would suggest there visit to Madam Pomfrey and maybe Snape visiting Henry's grand parents if they really are still alive. Well thats what i would like to read at least :P
Mel Cumberbatch chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
That was big ! I just love it !

I hope you will write others one shots of Harry and Severus or make a long fic base on this story, like a father/son or mentor fic ..

Sorry for my english, i'm french :D

Très bon travail ;)
Ann chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
I really loved this story, please continue!
Teufel1987 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Interesting ... you should continue it ... you have left quite a bit off!

Though I think you have gotten Hermione's friendship thing a bit wrong ... they only became friends after the troll incident ... till then Harry found her rather bossy ...

Anyway, looking forward to future sequels ...
wolfcathope chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I like this begining, as for the theroy that abuse and school effect each other? Well it is true, but really depends on a lot of factors on what the result is. For one the child in question usually reacts in one of two ways, or a combination, introvertly or extorvertely, in that they either intrunalize things or act out. With Harry asking Sev for "permission to do his best and the encouragment of his Mother's aproval, I imagine this is going to foster a need to prove himself and make them proud. This can also be seen in his need "to save the day"
Black Demon Cat chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Liking it so far, and your reasoning's are great and true. I could see Hermione and Draco being really great friends for Harry, I've never liked Ron cause really who turns their back on their friend when they need you.
Seven Malfoy chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
I love this and want to see more... you have me burning with curiosity!
129 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 Next »