Reviews for Till Death Do Us Part
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This was stunning and original - and the ending... whomph! Right in the feels!
mb64 chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
This is sweet and a bit angsty and is a nice portrayal of Mary.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
I think the archangel Michael stole her memories of John's death and the demon when he removed memory of her and John meeting their grown sons. If she had known, surely she would have warned John.
A Thing For Brothers chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Awwwww. That was sweet. :-) I can definitely see that being Mary's thoughts. I don't know her character well because we only catch glimpses of her here and there, but I can definitely understand that's the kind of love she felt toward Asshole (or pre-Asshole). Very well written. Is this the love you feel for your man? Is that how it came to you? :-P
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Not enough Mary fics. This really captures her essense. We know how John feels about Mary. Nice to see how deeply in love with him she is after a few years of marriage as well.
okayokayokay chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
This was beautiful:) I haven’t really read any fics from Mary’s point of view, and this was very cool.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 1/4/2011
But for now the nurse's face is creased with compassion and weariness – she is waiting for my answer – and it's not really the right time to tell her about your gentle strength...about how you captured my heart...about how stubborn we both were in admitting our love.

/~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romantic...like a love letter of sorts.

I like this before shot of John and Mary.

And I think it fits so well!

And is kinda sad too...knowing what is to come for them and their love and their family.

Excellent job! Flawless. As always!

Karen
ficking56 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
What a tear-jerker! Nice reflection on human emotions, secrets, and love.
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Beautiful oneshot! You really got into Mary's head! Job well done! P.S. Yay for Supernatural being voted the BEST show of 2010! Whoop whoop! :)
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Wow, I LOVED this so much! Very heartfelt and emotional and as always, BEAUTIFULLY written. Your stories have the unique ability to truly make me FEEL something. It's one of the reasons I get so excited when you pop up in my inbox! Haha, breathtaking story, MM. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)
zekeschance chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
This was bittersweet. I've always wondered about Mary's thoughts when we found out she was the hunter in the family, and how she tried to have "normal". They were just a good, blue collar working family and you showed that. I've always felt John was just a good, stand up, rough kind of man who loved and provided for his wife and kids. How do you get to the inside someone's heart and tell what they're feeling so well? I don't know, but I'm glad you do! Thanks!
Nancy T chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
Marianna - Great story! Criticism first: It's not that cell phones weren't as prevalent in 1983; I knew of NO ONE in '83 who had one. Washington, DC had an experimental system that had just gone commercial, and rich people in limousines had car phones; that was it. As a matter of fact, an episode of "Mad About You" that aired in the MID-90S was set up when a campaign manager had to get off a train to use a pay phone and the train took off without her. An episode of "Charmed" aired in 1999 or 2000 had Phoebe answering her cell phone, "Don't you just LOVE cell phones!", showing her delight at this newly available technology.

There's no reason why you can't just dump the word "cell" and just have Mary get the call on her "phone"; yes, you'll have to get rid of the countdown of the rings, but that's not one of the strongest parts of your story anyway. A woman might be puzzled why her husband's boss or co-worker might be calling her, but I don't think her thoughts would instantly leap to near-death (unless, of course, she was the wife of a soldier or policeman.)

OK, now the good stuff, which is ALL of the rest of the story. I love your portrait of John, as seen through Mary's eyes; so many people think of him as a monster, and while he did turn into a, well, bad parent, he didn't start out that way, and your story shows that well. Mary's tone is perfect, womanly and strong. And I love the way you show that a thousand thoughts can go through your head in the moment between a question and an answer. Very nice work.
Jedi Sapphire chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
That was beautiful... You've written Mary so well, and the relationship between her and John is so wonderful. You're right, he must have been a different man before YED came into his life.