Reviews for Frozen Flower
Dagorwen of Beleriand chapter 2 . 1/16/2005
please please update as soon as possible if this is not finished
Jenn Calaelen chapter 2 . 7/14/2003
Very interesting. Your portrayal of Eowyn makes her seem very real and intreaging.

I look forward to reading more.
RavenLady chapter 2 . 4/12/2003
:-) Very creative!
Dora Mugworts chapter 2 . 10/20/2002
Wow, this is terrific - I don't know where to start! First, let me say that you've portrayed Éowyn wonderfully - not pining for Aragorn, and not whining. Instead, she is the strong, determined woman I've always believed her to be. I've put you on my list of Favourite Authors, because now I want to read your stories about Boromir and Éowyn - I've often wondered what those two remarkable people could have accomplished together. Who knows? It was also very cool the way you made the Rohirrim act like the Vikings in some respect - I noticed *many* similarities when I first read TTT. Finally, I adored the way you had Théoden in the first chapter - made me want to stand up and cheer. So, I'm going to do so now. *cheers Théoden, and then cheers Soledad* :-) Keep it up!
Deborah Judge chapter 2 . 4/1/2002
You sure are creative. This is a great tour of an underexplored part of middle earth. I like your convincing and unromantic description of what it means to be a shieldmaiden in a partiarchal society. I like very much that you *are* concerned for Eowyn's dignity, which too few writers have been - sometimes including the Great Professor himself.

I just don't understand how you can keep all these stories in your hear simultaneously. I barely can, and I'm just reading them.
Isabeau of Greenlea chapter 1 . 3/28/2002
I very, very much like the idea that Eowyn is NOT in love with Aragorn, that she feels a certain degree of suspicion about this usurper of Boromir's position. Her abrupt turnaround from Aragorn to Faramir has always really bugged me-this turn of events allows me to actually like and feel sorry for her, as the one man who could have freed her is dead. Her irritation with Theoden when he doesn't think of her as of the House of Eorl is so in character-she may love him, but in the end he is another of her jailors. Curious as ever to see where you will take this.
Casey Toh chapter 1 . 3/19/2002
Yet another excellent story from you. Yo've got me feeling as Eowyn does. "Why must men always believe that the only thing troubling a woman's heart could be the suddenly inflamed love for a man at the first sight?" I totally agree with this. Go Eowyn!
elizabeth wyeth chapter 1 . 3/17/2002
Nice! I hate Eowyn if only because she thinks more like a man, instead of a woman and it gets her into trouble. A woman can be brave enough to do what she did, but I would atribute the ability to use practicality to see past ones pridefulness to most women. NOT EOWYN!

However, despite the fact that I hate Eowyn, Isabeau insisted that I read some of your stuff and you write very well. If you would, pick someone I like more than Eowyn to write about, that would of course be anyone else in Tolkien's world. I like Wormtongue more than her! At least you know where he's coming from.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 3/16/2002
The last of Eorl's house indeed! Harumph. How could Theoden dismiss her like that!

And damn right, why is everyone assuming that the most important thing in Eowyn's heart is her love for Aragorn! You make excellent points about her character. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes.