Reviews for Good Cop Bad Cop
i swr this makes me ship ryuk with light so bad! :P
this is literally my absolute FAVOURITE death note fic I have ever read.

The close bond between ryuk and light, the relationship ive always dreamed of them having between L and light (with L being the seme too! Joy!) and then the friendship between Mikami and Light.

And don't even get me started on the amazing plot!

Honestly, I love everything about it and have re-read this story like 5 times. Please please please continue it someday!
imntch chapter 9 . 6/26/2014
okay so I've caught up late with this fic but wow THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST- wait no THIS IS THE BEST DN FIC I'VE EVER READ. The writing and the characterization are so spot on and are done so beautifully. I love how you wrote Light like when I read it I have the feeling that yes, this is really Light this is how he would be if put in such circumstance. just incredible. I also love the suspection and the storyline-THIS STORY IS PERFECT IN EVERYWAY OKAY!? the only thing that isn't so perfect is that it probably will never updated again and I am immensely sad because I will never find out how all these thing will turn out. One more thing, I love Ryuk and Light interaction so much Iw ant to cry. The way you wrote them is so beautiful (I have a lot of feeling about Ryuk and Light, they are my guilty pleasure otp oops) and like that review from 'Standing ovation' says I kind of do want them to end up together. I really do.

Anyway, PERFECTION and thank you for writing this incredible story
standing ovation chapter 7 . 4/3/2014
this...
this is the most incredible death note story I have EVER READ. and trust me when I say I've read a fucking lot. The plot, the personality, all of it..it's brilliant!
You are a master.
and this...this is perfection.

They way L and light are together are beautiful, and I can't believe I actually somehow want ryuk and light to end up together, but I do! The dynamics of all the relationships are just incredible and so so realistic!

well done author san, well done.
lilflyingApple chapter 3 . 12/4/2012
this is just sooo good.

i just love the interaction between light and L

darkdranzer chapter 9 . 10/16/2012
:O oh my this is so awesome and confusing so farr i really want to know whats going onn update?
AreYouReady chapter 9 . 7/30/2012
I find this story quite enjoyable. You characterize Light very well, managing to remember both that he is an evil bastard and that he is quite intelligent. I am wondering: is this fic dead? Are you intending to continue either this one or From Russia With Love? I hope you are.
Titan of Saturn chapter 9 . 11/21/2011
Very very cool, I love it. I only have one comment, which is that it's sometimes hard to follow who's talking. I'm guessing this is in an effort to avoid he said she said writing, but you take it too far here. Like, I have no clue who was saying what in the discussion of the opera scene, which one was the one who liked it, and also who was saying what in the very first scene of this chapter.

Besides that critique, I absolutely love this little universe you've cooked up here, and am so enamored that I'm off to look at your other stories.

Good luck with the next chapter!
TheEndofTag chapter 9 . 11/17/2011
wow! Mello's death just went and knocked me down! It happened too fast and too quick! T_T

gosh, i really hate Light! What is he doing? Is he planning to kill everyone? Can he kill L? gosh if he could then i would personally go in there and just do the deed to Light too!
Kittryn chapter 9 . 11/7/2011
GREAT story! Cant wait for the next chapter but I have a question. Why does Mellow and Near have to die? I know Light wanted shit to play out a certain way but what will having them help tear down Kira unveil that Light doesn't want happening?
Valerie Hebert chapter 9 . 11/5/2011
I'm sorry you had to kill off you favorite character, though it was very well written.

What did Mello have that needed constant medication?
Gemini Peverell chapter 9 . 11/4/2011
Great story! Can't wait to read more of it. Have to admit that I an very sad about Mello... L won't be able to forgive Light for that which means no happy ending...

Anyway, great chapter!
halfpromise chapter 9 . 11/3/2011
So, how excited was I to get this email after a long day slogging it out in the studio like a really pissed off and sleepy retired boxer trying to set up a fashion line? Very.

You're so sneaky. Why do you do this? Why do you KILL MELLO OHMYGOD! I loved the rise and fall of this chapter. It felt very naturalistic and there's a lovely tone coming through, like a kind of sleepy inevitability. But maybe that's just me. And Light. How I love your Light. I would marry him, I would. Or at least follow him around a bit. He just seems right but he's very human and likeable which is a common criticism of canon Light by people who don't need to speak anymore, kthnx. I just love him. A lot. I wish I had words. This is one of *those* reviews where you'll wish I hadn't bothered.

You know, this is really sad but I'm going to make a timeline for this fic. I feel like if I did I might be able to figure out your sekrits. Or not.

Ok, some favourites:

"We were always going to end up here." - Really strong opening. Again, it's that sense of inevitability about Light in this fic because he doesn't believe he can make a mistake and whatever's going to happen is going to happen and has to happen and that's it.

"Light felt a twitching rise up through his chest, responding to a rhythm set by the turning fan and clock singing together… There was another sound chiming into the percussion, a sort of buzzing behind Light's ears that made him turn his head slightly, even though he knew the sound was coming from inside." - Guh. You're very good at this stuff, aren't you?

"It had had leather covered claw feet- an unusual touch of excess. Light liked the chair very much." - That's very Light. He likes his posh details.

"Light glanced upwards, now meeting eyes with his ceiling light. It burned his eyes slightly, like any bright light does." - And this. Guh.

"I'm not running away, I'm getting ready for the opera. And I do like it. Genuinely. It's an excessive, self-indulgent art form that masturbates itself in front of an audience that oftentimes doesn't understand it just because they've already decided that the money they're spending on tickets is a fair price to pretend to be cultured and they're determined for it to be below their understanding threshold. Plus there's a lot of shitty puns in opera and you know I'm a fan of those." - Haaaaa! So true. L is all about the truth. He does opera *justice*. I think L would be a closet rambler.

"He turned on the shower and sat on the side of the tub, meeting eyes with himself in the mirror as the steam slowly rose and clouded his face. Light was hit by a moment of philosophic enlightenment at the back of his mind. There was a deep significance in watching his face disappear into steam, clarity about the slow fade away into nothingness that reminded Light of the story Ryuk had once told him about a place beyond even the Shinigami's reach. The moment passed, like they usually did, and soon Light was rinsing his hair while contemplating tie choices." - I love this so much I can't tell you. It's my favourite bit and I've read it a few times. Yes, I know I'm picking out every bloody line you've written.

"Sounds great. Now help me pick a tie." - They're so lovely togevvveeerrrr.

"Mello in a dark blue suit." - Yes. Excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.

"Light enjoyed the music and L's fingers tracing along his wrist. Every time he glanced out the corner of his eye at the hand, he was struck with a half-memory of watching snow fall and the cold feeling was a good one so he meditated on it as he passively watched." - Again. Hello, I love you a lot.

The description of the humming and Mello's death was brilliantly done. Really sharp and shocking. The aftermath was great too. Everyone was right. Poor Near. You always give Near and Mello a hard time. And Light would be like that. He knows what the 'etiquette' is for every situation and event, but it's all false. And this - 'Light just sank his teeth into an apple, trying to soften the crunch by slowly pressing into the fruit. It was almost like a kiss. - Bra-bloody-vo.

Oh, I loved it. It cheered me up no end after another shitty day. Thank you. I'm so glad I was on your ass. I can't say ass, it even seems weird me typing it. Brits have no right to say ass. But anyway, I'm so glad I did do whatever I did. No pressure. Update whenever, like i care. UPDATE BITCH! And look at you moaning. Your life is great and you fuck everyone in the face but I do hate your job. You don't talk to me *all* day. We sleep sometimes nowadays.

Lots of love. Loved the chapter. I REVERE YOU! You're in my shrine!
Loser Got Lucky chapter 9 . 11/3/2011
Welcome back WordBombs! It's great to see you and your fabulous work returning to us! :D

For the chapter, I liked it; I've always loved the layout of this fic, and how all the dates are all mixed around, so this was a real treat.

I still have to wonder what Light's planning...hmm, questions questions...

RIP Mello! You will be missed :'(

Thanks for the update!

Loser Got Lucky (formally BlacAngel :P)
TimeSpaceContinuum chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
OMG I FREAKIN LOVE THIS. first of all I'll have you know I don't usually review a lot, but I will for you, BECAUSE YOU ARE AMAZING. I demand an update soon. *uses awesome brainwashing powers to make you write more* (: