Reviews for Edward and the Dragon
maggiegurle chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
Cute, cute story! Thank you! :o)
lala chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
This is so sweet :')
DBrandonCullen chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Lovely chapter.
Lady Dragona chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
This is an amazing story. I can see why it won 1st place.
Crazybee3 chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
That was really cute :)

Thank you!
chocochipcookie chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Ahhh..I love it!

I'm being greedy,but I want more!
my1edward chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
I adore this story. It's a magical tale about magic. I put it in my favorites, and I have read it a number of times, but I haven't reviewed it yet because I'm finding it hard to put into words why I like it so much. Edward is very appealing, he's a classic good guy-noble in spirit if not birth. He's had serious hardship in his life, but he does his best for Carlisle because it's the right thing to do. He appreciates the wonder of the dragon instead of fearing it or trying to harm it, and wisely tells no one about it. He's repelled by the glitz and debauchery of the nobles and the Capitol, and intuitively understands that the Princess is liked a trapped bird. He has the skill to win the tournament, but he doesn't want the trappings that come with victory, even before Bella counsels him to refuse to join the king's guard. He's just so pure of heart. I love when he's happy-when he's playing with the dragon, and when he and Bella meet outside the Capitol. I like the imagery of them dancing among the ice sculptures, and how Bella's reflection is the dragon and its reflection is her.

I think my favorite part is when Edward sets off to slay the dragon, thinking it may be his dragon, but now it has taken his beloved Bella-"He wanted to see the beast with his own eyes, see if in fact it was the small dragon that had sat beside him in a meadow far away. A creature he'd allowed to live, to grow, and now to take the woman he loved." I love how he speaks to it, telling it that they played together, that he loved it and thought it was beautiful, and he's preparing to kill it when he sees the reflection and realizes it is Bella, and then instantly understands what he must do, not even stopping to think about what the consequences may be. I can hardly believe Bella's father would use his own daughter as a weapon, but hey, a fairy tale's gotta have a villian, right? And the ending is perfect, with them together back in the meadow. Le sigh!
rubyred21 chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
_ happy ending! YAY!
RoseT chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Well done! I enjoyed this Bella and Edward fairytale and have to admit, I didn't even think of Bella being the dragon!
Irish Charm chapter 1 . 1/25/2011
I loved it. It was so beautiful the way that Edward thought he was giving up the one thing that he wanted most for love.
CharliDenae chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
Very impressive!

Written as though it were truly written in a time when fairy tales were tales of lessons to be learned and of warning.

The imagery was beautifully written, the descriptions clear, but not wordy, so that I could see the scenes in my mind, but not be bored by too many adjectives.

I loved how the knowledge of being able to see Bella's alter ego, whether she was the dragon, or the princess, in her reflection, was woven through the story, giving us hints to the mystery of the dragon.

I loved how Edward found the royal court to be oppressive and excessive, and missed the humbleness of his home, and that Bella was most beautiful to him when they were by the stream and she was dressed simply.

All in all, a really enjoyable story with an old-world feel, almost poetic, but in a simple, flowing prose that is easily understood. Wonderfully done!

Best of luck in the contest!
SanguineTaurean chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
This is so wonderfully written and full of imagery. I loved it! A true love story.
Bad.Days chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
This was such a lovely story, I really enjoyed it!
Hadley Hemingway chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Very well done - I love a dragon tale and I think you did such a good job melding the Twilight characters with a classic dragon plot. Beautifully, cleanly written - thanks!
cbcullen7 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Wow! This was sooo amazing. Absolutely loved it. It seems like it was so much longer than a one shot. Great story, amazing writing.