Reviews for Envy and Manipulations
Ahhhh I miss this story so much! All these unanswered questions and mysteries just don't let me go! Hope you're doing great and that one day we'll see the sequel :)
firefae19 chapter 22 . 12/30/2015
I've probably read each of your stories so many times it's pointless to keep count anymore. You are an amazing writer. I worry that one day I will log on and this story won't be here anymore..I hope one day you continue...but if not I will probably just read this over and over again, I have yet to lose the excitement and intrigue I experienced when I first read it, and I doubt it will ever go away.
gruen chapter 22 . 12/29/2015
I loved reading this, but I hate the ending. I keep looking for more to make this right.
Olislava chapter 22 . 12/28/2015
One of the best stories I ever read... I finished almost a year ago and it still haunts me. The characters, the dialogues, the plot. Perfect. I'm waiting for more to come - this is just so addictive.
LabontesGirl43 chapter 22 . 12/10/2015
I know this story is finished, and has been for a while so the chances of anyone actually reading this review are slim...but after investing just about 16 hours reading this - I felt I *had* to leave something.

This story is a lot of things. The main quality being - exceptional. I loved that while it sat in the HP universe, it varied greatly while always touching back on the plot line we all know and love. I thoroughly enjoyed Draco's character and felt it very in line with being cannon... too many stories (though I'm guilty of loving them still) show Draco having a huge change of heart and being secretly noble and kind. He's not, JK has admitted he's not. So I felt his character in this story was absolutely perfect.

I also loved how the author portrayed Harry, Hermione and Ron...even though they weren't in a majority of the story, their characters felt genuine.

However...our heroine... Miss Ginny Weasley. She's my favorite character by far in the HP universe and since the story was written from her POV of course we spent a lot of time getting to see her personality. The only negative bit I can say is that I didn't like how Ginny came off being whiny, bratty, impulsive, and over all just stomping her feet around doing whatever she wants - which ironically enough every other character points out time and time again. I did NOT like this Ginny Weasley as a person - however the characterization of her was beautiful. You didn't follow stereotypes or make her this perfect person...she had flaws, characters called her out on it, she still had those flaws. Sort of like Joffrey Baratheon. You hate them...but they're an amazing character.

I don't understand the ending of this story... it felt...dropped. Like it was cancelled. Too many questions are still open. What happened to Ginny? What happened to Blaise? Is Draco the new Dark Lord? How does that work out between the three of them? What the heck happened to Harry?!

I hear rumors of a sequel and will be itching to see one come about.

Great story - worth the time invested! Hurrah!
LaviniaRose1 chapter 22 . 11/28/2015
So... I spent almost every waking hour not spent at work over the past few days reading this story, and trust me my waking hours have been significantly lengthened as I just haven't been able to drag myself off to bed in favour of trying to get to the end. Yet now I find myself very confused and extremely frustrated.
I'm not sure why I've never come across your writing before but I must say, this story was very addictive. I'm almost scared to start reading any of your other stories because they're all novel length, and I can almost see myself getting lost in them. I find this quite strange because I'm such a die hard supporter of keeping anything HP related very British, and you have a hell of a lot of Americanisms in there, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much as it normally would.
Anyway, back to why I'm feeling the way I am. The end of this chapter was left so open for continuation that I just know I'm it's going to bug the hell out of me what you were planning for the sequel. I'm also really confused because I liked Blaise, right up until you made him into a family man. I know deep down he was still the messed up Blaise of the past, but I didn't like that they'd supposedly spent 6 years living a 'normal' life, with Blaise having altered Ginny's memories completely, it just doesn't sit right some how. It wasn't the kind of manipulation I expected of him. Altering memory is far too easy.
I never did get why Lucius suddenly switched sides to fight alongside the order either. Draco clearly had another agenda, and I could believe that he loved Ginny enough to question his original plans, but I can't believe Lucius could ever bring himself to be the Weasley's secret keeper.
One final thing. Ginny. Although I love her. I do think there were certain parts of her personality you played down a little. I get that she was being manipulated, and emotionally blackmailed, and made to feel weak and childish by the slytherins. Something Hermione touched on. But there are certain things that I didn't quite believe. Like Draco's explanation of why certain people can throw off a memory charm so easily, because Ginny, to me, is sharp minded and quick witted. I can't quite believe that she could barely break through to the memories that had been wiped.
Anyway, I do hope you manage to get round to finishing the sequel. I know it's been a hell of a long time since you updated, but I can live in hope! I really did enjoy this story.
VY chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
Answering to the previous review, I really hope not, because rrabbit is way too powerful and talented that she probably has already made herself a horcrux and is going to live forever ;)
But but an update of writing profile or better a sequel would be really great)) xoxo
Leah chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
Hi,

Is anyone else worried that the writer is not alive or something happened to her?
Guest chapter 17 . 11/8/2015
You know, while l was rereading this chapter I got an idea that one of the biggest mistakes Draco made is not having enough faith in Ginny's abilities... I mean he was always treating her like an object to protect, and not like an equal partner. Maybe the other way some of the awful things wouldn't have happened... or not. But such attitude definitely was among the things that ruined their relationship... I think.
Ah! See what you've done! I can't forget this story for a long time and find myself always coming back to it...like an addict)
Anyways, I hope you're doing great and working on the sequel) Pretty please? :)
xfictionfanx chapter 22 . 10/26/2015
I love this story! I hope you are still writing the sequel.
Audrey Chaz chapter 22 . 10/19/2015
Hello!
First I want to say that this is the first time reviewing your story. I have lost the accounts of times that I read this story ... I read againg, and again, and again and I never get tired. Since the characters, the story itself, everything is so well written and perfect. I've always been a fan of fanfiction, but I was only reading stories of Harry/Ginny and this story made me become a unconditional fan of Draco/Ginny.
I always come back to this story to see if you came back to write the sequel and every time I see it, I always reed it again. I wonder if it will be continued and if I can continue to have hope. At the last chapter, your story seems to me that will continue to develop and get better and better.
I look forward to one day receive a notification on my email telling you published a new story called "Prelude to War" ...
Sorry for my poor english and greetings from Portugal!
AllAboutObsessions chapter 1 . 10/16/2015
I'm rereading this great story again! I very much hope it will once get that sequel. I'd like an update of your writing status in you Bio please!

A think I have almost figured out the prophesy- obviously - the awful love is between D & G and the union is between their two families. And Draco is the broken wizard. Right now I think it's Narcissa rather than Lucius who is related to the Queen with the two sons who Edmund Crow made the deal with. What I can't decide is if Tom has any part in the prophesy... Could he be the son of Ishard - the bit about blood fits - but he is not the son of a great traitor. I speculate Narcissa is the traitor - making a bastard child the Malfoy heir would perhaps qualify..,? But Draco has not been revived by Ginnys blood... however that could come in the sequel perhaps?

I love to know more about it!
Guest chapter 22 . 10/10/2015
This is an amazing read! I love it soo much...i do hope you'll continue :)
Guest chapter 22 . 10/4/2015
I really enjoy your stories! I re-read this chapter often and hope you will come back and post the sequel. Such a tangle of lifes and emotion, love the layers. Hope all is well.
xHP-mOmx chapter 22 . 8/27/2015
I love this story! I hope you decide to do a second part!
1,484 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »