Reviews for The Bet of the Year
kiba2911 chapter 41 . 8/12
I just love your story so far and I'd really like to see what's gonna happen ! I hope you'll find the time to continueLove from France !
I'm so sad that this hadn't been updated more.. it's just amazing. I've read this over and over in the pastcouple years... and it sucks me in every time. I hope things calm enough for you to take a little time and get back into the swing of thingsl. :) - Riskareann
Selenity84 chapter 41 . 7/17
I love this, please update :)
Javana chapter 41 . 7/6
I have absolutely ADORED this. Couldn't put it down.
I love your Roy and Ed and Hughes and just everyone! They feel really true to life and it's been wonderful to travel along with Roy ss he grows. The tiny snippets from our characters POV just add even more depth and make the world feel so real.

Cannot wait for the next chapter - I desperately want to see Roy try and explain himself (and better yet Eds reaction!) Must admit I keep really hoping Al finds out and decides to cleanup on bet (teach everyone a bit of a lesson). Also, I don't know if this was meant to happen but my head canon is that Eds first lover from the other world was Earth!Roy (it's cool if it's not - just my mind jumping ahead of the story ;) )

Again, I have loved reading this - can't wait for the next chapter.
MoonliteNightmare chapter 41 . 6/8
Please, please, please! Update this story more often! This story is really great and can still get so much better. I am really looking forward to another update.
inuyashamunkey chapter 41 . 5/24
Cant wait until next update!
Lmfao omg Hawkeye is Evil with a capital E!
that.girl.we.all.luv chapter 3 . 3/21
haha where did roy's logic come from XD
A Case Of Logorrhea chapter 41 . 3/15
Ohmygosh, please return to this! I might actually die otherwise. It's just so perfect!
X-wingPilot52 chapter 41 . 2/16
First, before I become my usual blunt self and potentially piss you off, I'd like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. It's rare to find a fic that makes me laugh so hard and so frequently. It's a shame that most of the later chapters were so serious, but I suppose not everything can be so silly. I'd also like to let you know how much I appreciate the consideration and care you took with the more minor characters. Too often, I read stories where the extra characters exist solely to egg the main pairing on. They tend to be very flat, with only their main defining character trait being used (such as Havoc's poor luck with women). But you paid attention to more than that and gave them value. All of the characters felt spot on (except Hawkeye who was a little stiff) and it really gave the story life. In particular, I love what you did with Alphonse. He's still the sweet, innocent boy we know and love, but he's got a manipulative streak that works well with his character.

With all the good points, I also have to mention a few issues I ran into. Having read this thing in a matter of days, I'm afraid to say that it's noticeable when there is a shift of time between updates. Your style and focus seems to change throughout, starting with a lighthearted, silly story about Roy fighting the effects of sex withdrawal and changing to a heavier plot revolving around the changes Ed faced in Germany (By the way, using german words for things and then calling the country Germany is a little uneven. Deuchland would have fit better)and Roy dealing with actually having feelings for someone. While style changes are unavoidable when something is written over such a long period of time, you might want to consider the change in focus and tone. The plot had to get to this point to work, but maybe there's a way to put it so it ties in more with the earlier stuff? Or maybe I'm just viewing things wrong. It's something to consider at least.

Another main issue is the editing. There's an alarming number of spelling errors, missing words, and tense changes in every chapter and it distracts from the story. In the future, if you and your beta could comb over your chapters a bit more carefully, it'd really help the quality and allow the reader to stay engaged better. There's nothing worse than being forced out of a story by a mispelled word that you have to take several seconds to interpret. With two sets of eyes, you should be able to catch most of those.

Anyway, this was fun to read and I look forward to future installments. Best of luck with your writing.
Kane Constan chapter 1 . 1/30
yoloswagmaster chapter 41 . 1/18
Whooo! Thank you so so SO much for updating! This is my absolute favorite fic from the fandom and i constantly find myself going through and rereading it all the way through in hopes that you've updated it. Thank you SO much for this amazing chapter! I cant wait to see what happens next!
PearlesantlRose chapter 41 . 1/18
I have been waiting for this to come! It seems it has been forever lol. Glad you posted and update.
Rosie Bluejay chapter 41 . 1/9
Gaaaah! It has been too long, old friend! I have missed this fic so much! Do you know this fic has the most reviews for this pairing? Because it is amazing! I saw the email for this, and it made my day. Thank you thank you THANK YOU
1,247 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »