Reviews for Of Western Stars
lemonChocolate chapter 14 . 4/16
That part about petunia having tricked him before was a brilliant was of explains why Harry dosent trust Sirius!
He will knock four times chapter 1 . 4/7
I think some of the supposed 'bad writing' comes from the fact that we never read about harry as a seven year old. we were only ever 'introduced' to him when he was a ten year old a few weeks before his eleventh birthday.
GuidingHand chapter 4 . 4/6
Lupin, being a werewolf may have needed to seek work in the muggle world. Perhaps taxi driving was one of those jobs and the reason he had a license. There is a lot of inconsistency with numbers... it had been 5 days then 3 days; If Harry is six, then Sirius was in Azkaban for five years. The story is good, just make sure you are consistent with your numbers.
SheriLyn chapter 5 . 4/2
Promising first chapter but its super annoying to end with the drivel. If there is that much to explain rewrite perhaps. Writers request comments then act as if its too much trouble to respond individually.
Evatross chapter 5 . 3/18
I do believe that you overdid Harry's shyness. I apologize if this is not received well, but it is what it is to me. Harry learnt to not anger his relatives overmuch, otherwise they would get angry at him and lock him in his cupboard and not give him food. He was never afraid of angering them, though, and he always did retain that rebellious streak. I offer this as constructive criticism, but take it as you will. Otherwise, it is a well-written chapter.
sherilyn chapter 4 . 3/16
These probly don't get read but what's with comment answers in the story . authors solicit comments and then are too busy the send replies. Its enough to make me drop reading a story. The only thing worse are huge paragraphs of explanation. If it won't be explained by future chapters then rework the story if its important to convey. This goes out to all authors. This story is so far interesting and the writing is better then most. I don't mean to be entirely discouraging it must be the lack of good stories I've read today. Cheers
Shiba-san chapter 35 . 2/25
I really love this story! Keep writing awesome fics!
Nova chapter 17 . 2/1
Why in all hell are your answers to reviews as long as the damn chapter? Why is it even included
Katerina Storm chapter 1 . 1/28
Sirius Black's eyes are grey.
I don't like flaming. so I won't. but this should have been in the angst category. not drama and adventure.
Sunny1601 chapter 35 . 1/6
This is so very good! It's very sad and sort of depressing, but, y'know, it's supposed to be like that, sooo... job well done! I think it's especially worth the depression and angsty stuff with the two epilogues, which are so funnny and happy and just give you that warm feeling inside.

I don't think you ended the epilogues in weird places at all. To me they seemed just right, and if you had continued them they would have seemed awkward and pointless. I never would have known you had as much trouble as you did with them, and the story as a whole, if you hadn't said.

I also quite like the deleted scenes chapter. It's a very cool idea, sort of like the deleted scenes you'd see on a DVD for a movie.

However, I did have two problems with the story. The first was that one chapter at Hogwarts with Peter and the blood and Harry and the blood and Sirius and the blood and Harry almost getting killed and... did I mention how much blood there was? That chapter was a bit... descriptive. However, I do know that it was a pretty necessary event for the plot in general. Most of the issue is my squeamishness, not your writing skills.

The second issue: you kept apoligizing and "hiding". I think it's a wonderful story, and you reminded me a bit of how you wrote Harry, always apoligizing when you don't need to. I hope that you can be more confident in your work in the future.

(Sorry if that last bit was a bit rude. I meant that to be encouragement, sorry if it was rubbish. [Oh, look at me! Turning into another big apoligizing mess!])

Love,
Sunny1601
pm chapter 30 . 12/28/2013
i like the idea for this alot D
sherryola chapter 35 . 12/5/2013
I really enjoyed this! I kinda rushed through it though. I have it bookmarked and will go back and read it more thoroughly. yay for the new family and happy life!
sherryola chapter 2 . 12/5/2013
Yes, Remus seems weak, but now we know from canon that he was indeed weak, so good call. I want more Sirius. moving on.
sherryola chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
You're probably surprised to get reviews after all these years, but I've been looking for Sirius and harry fics-I never get enough of them-and found this one on a community. I haven't read it,a nd I can't wait. the first chapter isn't bad at all. You make us see Harry's fear, his reactions bred from abuse, and Sirius' desperation. great job.
2,133 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »