Reviews for Classic Minesweeper Vs Windows Vista Minesweeper
Palesky chapter 1 . 6/7
Man, Grey's Anatomy is looking pretty bad nowadays
Gamerwhogames chapter 1 . 1/10
Ha! Thought this would be boring, like "What is there to Minesweeper?". A small morsel, but a tasty one!
A6Trinity chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
A classic story that parents will read to their children for years to come. This story is filled to the brim with adventure and unbridled eloquence. It's true beauty is in its simplicity. It can bring a tear to anyone's eye and it doesn't even take more than a minute to read. Truly the pinnacle of quality, 10/10
Chipster-roo chapter 1 . 5/20/2015
I didn't like this much, sorry. It is too short to really get into the story.

I prefer Classic, by the way.
Scaehime chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
I was looking for Monopoly fics. I didn't find any, but I found 96 minesweeper fics. This was really random, but really funny. Nice.
God bless,
lol very funny
threedaysgrace4ever chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
hilarious
Anonymous chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
that was nice and very original :D
WaylonJuliusLecter chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Beautiful. xD
amythist7 chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Cute, I especially liked your summary. :D
The King Wacky chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
i've played both versions and i have to say the original is better

FLOWERS MAKE NO SENSE!111111!
Gottlob chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Too often are storywriters focusing on violence that relies on cheap thrills and action. Oh, how different the author of Classic Minesweeping vs Vista Minesweeping is. The violence in the piece is solely functional - extreme, but not vulgarly so.

The tension in the relationship between the sweepers is beautifully metaphorical of not only the social and political conflicts that are so abudant in today's hectic world, but also of inner personal struggles in that world. This ambiguity causes the reader to be overwhelmed with a sense of nostalgia, a certain longing for a past reality in which life is analogous to the simple, bomb-dominated world of Classical Minesweeping. While the dangers of such a world are evident, it is also an organised, uncomplicated world. Good and evil are clearly seperated. Its inhabitants find safety in clarity.

Vista's take on the world is colourful and flowery, contradicting the idea that people should be aware of the importance and hazard associated with the matters with which they are dealing. With the shiny colours and happy sounds for them to consume, a parallel can be drawn to Western materialism and bureaucracy that cloaks real problems. The goal of the game, after all, is still to avoid detonating bombs.

On a more personal level, the end of the story is specifically telling. Although it would be a shame to spoil the story by revealing too much, let it be known that it provides a window into the brain of political leaders.

While it is not evident during preliminary literary analysis of the piece (due to complete immersion in the story that the reader will inevitably experience), placing the piece in its context reveals that the author was definitely deeply engaged with both the world's and the individual's problems. Recommended for anyone who does is not afraid to question the very foundations of their life. A truly beautiful and thought-provoking work of art.
TheRogue995 chapter 1 . 1/20/2011