Reviews for Distemper
Fen29 chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
What can you so to this story. I wish it was a story, even if it sounds weird.
You have grasped all the emotions so perfectly. I am a survivor of sexual abuse.
And the letter brought me back to my thoughts.
Demi Lovato has written a beautiful song and the words that stuck by me was:
"I'm taking back my love today, there's nothing left that you can say, but you were never gonna take the blame anyway"
Even though it will always be a part of me, he doesn't rule me anymore. And that is such a good feeling.
Thank you for this!
debslmac chapter 1 . 3/6/2014
loved this
Alsoint chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
I know you intended this to be uplifting, but I felt the heaviness outweighed by such a degree that I felt weighed down by it too. You're a very talented author and I love your other stories. This one was just so sad, so heavy, and I am glad it ended this way, but it was a heavy burden to carry when reading.

The great part is that she's still standing. There's happiness, at least.
BeatrizBeltran chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Wonderful
Milk40 chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Dear GT, I have never read a single conversation on that MotU Twilighted thread back in 2010. I wish I had, but I didn't know you at the time. I only knew Just4ALE, with whom I talked and laughed a lot. About MotU and about everything. It was a great time in my life... My awareness about abuse came later, when I read the magnificent Ice Queen and Mister McCarty and had the great privilege of translating it into French. This OS you wrote reminded me of SR's story, and how there is always hope if we allow it in our lives. What a powerful message you delivered in this story. Thank you so much :0)
Veiled-Love chapter 1 . 4/5/2013
Her letter, and what she does with it, is very inspiring.
foreverlate chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
It's beautiful what she did with the letters!
Smarties9 chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
The letter at the end makes me cry so hard! I'm glad she made that decision to send the letters into the sky! The visual I have of that makes me teary.
Sl8tlyObsessed chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
She has such strength and I'm crying because I'm glad she's still standing. I'm glad she's strong enough to keep trying.
Apwicket chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Her letters and what she does with them was a very powerful and emotional scene for me. Thank you for being brave enough to write a story that requires this amount of emotion on your behalf as well as ours. You amaze me Becca. You're so inspirational!
Beloved1too chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
I loved the gun shop scene! Despite how disturbed she is, she manages to look forward. Beautiful!
Loveitlight chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
Figures! This was so good!
Lessons chapter 1 . 2/6/2012
The letters and what she did with them were amazing!
spinningme chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
This ending is so good, especially the letters that she tips into the sky!
GoodHomeCooking chapter 1 . 2/3/2012