Reviews for We did it my friend
Nubian Queen chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
I love this movie, it is one of my all time favorites, with some of my most favorite actors as well. So when I saw there was an actual category for it, I was delighted! I loved the portrayal of these two characters and the actors who did it were just stellar. So when I saw your fic, I just had to give it a go. It was very touching; I was actually tearing up it was so moving to me. I could see them having this conversation and, even though I know they are buried in Westminster Abbey, it was only a minor detractor from a lovely story. May God bless you as you continue to write.
Sebastianfangirl101 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
thesunwillshineclear chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
I just rewatched the movie and, my God, this was just heartbreakingly beautiful :')
Kate Andromeda chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
Sad but nice. I love this friendship. Thank you so much.
Arlothia chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Darn not being able to review more than once! Luckily there are loop-holes!

Anyway, WW, I know you weren't meaning to sound nasty or anything. I probably would have done the same thing. I'll do that, thanks!

And I have looked up the coordinates and I found it very odd that their tombs were under a road. I didn't think they were buried there and then had a road built over them. I though that the tombs under Westminster were just that extensive. But if you say they're not there then I believe you!

Well, I've hand written some more of them (and they do feel authentic, don't they? _) but I haven't gotten around to typing them up and posting them. Summer is on its way so I might have time then...however I have a very bussy summer ahead...we'll see!

Wilberforce Woman chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
I see, well that's great to know that you do love your research, I too find that research is actually one of my favourite parts of writing! I didn't mean to sound nasty at all, but as someone who has visited both graves and is somewhat of an enthusiast, I just thought I'd ask. Maybe you could put a little note before the story so that nit pickers like me don't get on your back or something :)

Though again, I have to say, if you followed the coordinates on google - don't trust them! They are NOT buried under a road at Storey's Gate! Both Pitt and Younger (as well as Pitt's father) and Wilberforce are buried IN Westminster Abbey. I stood on their plaques not two weeks ago :) The monument is also to Pitt the Younger and not Wilber but it really is magnificent and very well deserved, I think (though I may be a bit biased ;))

I'm glad you're writing more stories! I've thought about writing one or two myself but just don't have the time :( I too prefer to write everything out by hand first. It feels so much more authentic to me. Good luck with them and I'll be waiting :)
Arlothia chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Thanks Wilberforce Woman! I'm glad you liked it!

And ya, I do know about the Westminster thing but after I had all my thoughts on paper I started to look up stuff like that and I realized that they weren't burried in a cemetary. But I liked how it worked in the fic so I just kept it that way, even though I knew it was wrong. I think it works better with this story...And I found the coordinates for their graves and they are right under a road! And I really like that statue for Wilver! And I totally agree about the research thing. I try to make things as realistic as possible to make them believable...but you have to have a healthy dose of artistic license as well _ But trust me, I LOVE research! In fact, I want to be a research librarian!

And I'm planning on posting a few more Amazing Grace stories on here maybe this weekend. I have some written out but I just need to type them up now. For some reason I like writing things with pen and paper first...I'm odd! Thanks again!

talk to ya later,

Wilberforce Woman chapter 1 . 2/23/2011
This was a very touching story and I'm so glad that there is finally a catergory for this film. Thank you!

I feel compelled to tell you that Westminster Abbey is really not a cemetary though, nor has it ever been in a feild. It's a huge stone building smack bang in the centre of London. Pitt the Younger is interred inside the Abbey literally about three meters from the front entrance under a stone slab with his name on it. There is also a huge monument at the exit in his honour.

I realise this may not be common knowledge but literally googling Westmister Abbey would have showed you this with one click. I loved the story and I hope you write more, this is just a tiny pointer - stories become so much more real and relatable with a little research. Good luck with your future stories, I'll be watching for them!
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
This is a great story! Keep writing!
Anesthesiologist chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Wow, that was good.

I'm crying here, getting my keyboard all wet.

That was really good, really touching.

I don't even know how to describe it.

It is beyond words. No word I know is efficient enough to describe this.

It was beautifully done, and if you think that God helped you write it I wouldn't be surprised.

'This' is elegant.

You did marvelously. Splendidly. Beautifully.

Monsieur Prongs chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
I bloody love you! You are brilliant, inspirational, and you have a hand that was guided by God. You're brilliant.

Until Gallifrey is free, and forever,

Time Lord Victorious