Reviews for Gnome Such Thing
FoxO'Fire chapter 9 . 2/26/2013
Really funny story!
shookenuppepsi chapter 9 . 2/26/2013
I can't count how many times I laughed out loud during this story. It is fantastic. Perfectly characterized, but with h/c and angst and action thrown into the humor. Love it.
sandycub chapter 9 . 10/14/2011
My first question? Why oh why doesn't Bobby have a video camera? Or at least a camera? Think of the pictures/video they could have gotten! Hey I'm sure I'm not the only one who would pay big money for pics of Dean on Bobby's front lawn naked! :)

Seriously that was genius! I laughed SO hard through the whole thing! Given that it's 4 am not sure the rest of the house appreciated it...

Btw when I started reading this on LJ tonight the link stopped working part way through-right after Dean yells for Sam when he is tangled in the sheet. Not sure how I found it here but so glad I did!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 9 . 8/28/2011
LOL Sugar, boy, you can have it XDDD

I like it Pretty funny

shadowdancer33996 chapter 6 . 8/13/2011
thank you thank you thank you! I havenot laughed that hard in a long long time, and I really needed it! this chapter was wonderful
SoulfulSam chapter 4 . 7/28/2011
"Would you two idjits quit playing handsy and get down here already?"

"I swear to God, if I didn't need both hands for balanceā€¦"

"I got it," Dean offered, reading his little brother's mind. He released one hand clasped in front of Sam, to fly the bird at the older hunter below.

Ha, ha, I find a new line to love in every chapter! Dean seems much more lucid now. I mean, he's no longer just staring at the ceiling making random comments that make no sense while listening to imaginary butterflies tell him secrets. He's moving around and he has moments of lucidity, so that gives me some hope for the future here. Although now he's gone, so...maybe not.

Oh, I forgot to mention it in the last chapter, but the last several lines are all in italics. It looks like a mistake, but maybe I'm wrong. Did you mean for that much to be in italics?
SoulfulSam chapter 3 . 7/28/2011
Wow, that's one HELL of a trip. And now Dean's trip starts to go bad. Well, we knew it would eventually. Throughout this chapter I kept thinking about an old friend of a friend from high school who had eaten too many mushrooms and it put him in a coma for 3 days and when he woke up he saw a hamster laying on his stomach until it grew 3 pairs of wings and attacked him. And then the gnomes came in and I thought, "huh; yeah, it was kind of like that." I only have one question though; where the hell was Sam and why in Chuck's name did he and Bobby leave Dean alone in a room with a burning candle? Okay, so this might be 2 questions but seriously? A burning candle and a guy high on mushrooms feels like common sense 101 of things you don't put together, right up there with drunk people and cell phones or pickles and anchovies. As soon as I saw that candle in the room, I wanted to choke Sam for not thinking about it and run into the room and blow it out. But then Dean would probably have attacked me for vanquishing the flame before it could tell him its secrets.
SoulfulSam chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
"You're not helping," Sam growled, hazarding a dark glare over his shoulder.

"I'm not tryin'," Bobby laughed.

Hee, hee, I could see that happening. If anyone asked Dean about his touch-feeling moment with Sam later, even if remembered it he would deny it to the death. And Bobby would absolutely think that that's funny. Sam would too if he wasn't in the middle of being forced to be in some kind of cuddlefest with his brother.

But, come on, why you gotta be down on Sammy like that, saying that he always looks emotional? He's not emotional, he', he's...emotional. But he doesn't get all dewy-eyed all the time, he's just got his signature looks. The bitchface, the puppy-dog look, the soulful know. Although, yes, Dean would look very strange trying to do the soulful stare, which was what I sort of imagined him doing at the time.
SoulfulSam chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Ha, ha, "you gotta stop eating so much damn pie; you're heavier than you look." That's great. I just wanna say that, like in "Baby" I LOVE that Bobby's home is also theirs. I really like the little detail you put in there about the boys having a key to Bobby's place. Of course they'd have a key, but I don't recall it ever being mentioned in the show that they do and I've never seen it in any fan fiction stories that I've read. It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that they have a home with Bobby. Also I love how Bobby thinks of Sam and Dean as his sons. I mean, we already knew that from the show, but his observations about the boys are just priceless; the way that he notices Dean's cocky smile that "gets him everything he wants" and how he remembers back to when Sam and Dean were kids and how Dean wasn't much of a complainer. I really get the sense of how much love he feels for the boys by the fact that he thinks about them in this way. You know what I mean?

Also, I love oh just so very much Sam's protective, frantic behavior when Dean gets sick. He doesn't look at Bobby, he notices and acknowledges nothing else until he knows his brother is breathing. It makes me think back to "Abandon All Hope" when Lucifer throws Dean into that tree and Sam won't even talk to Lucifer or try to do anything until he rushes up to Dean and checks his breathing and pulse. That's just the way these two are with each other and it's so sweet!
anon chapter 5 . 3/17/2011
Okay I had to stop mid story just to say this but how did that description of him painting himself like a crazy person go from hysterically embarrassing to super hot in 2 seconds! Oh right, because it's Dean.
Twinchester Angel chapter 9 . 3/15/2011
Absolutely beautiful. This story was incredible. I know you're working on something big right now but I can't wait to see what your next story is gonna be about. Your mind is a colorful, magical, swirly place. I have no idea what it is that you sprinkle over your cereal but I want some. Come on my friend, share the wealth! I know that I'm usually a lot more wordy than this but I'm finding myself actually kind of sad that this story is over. I have enjoyed it so much. I love your writing, I love your humor, I LOVE how well you write these characters. "If you two are done with all that handholding..." Oh Bobby! Haha! And now he and the boys are labeling everything around the house huh? I can just picture Bobby, the second those idjit boys leave his house again, drawing up the plans for the panic room. I can imagine this experience inspired at least some of the idea for that room. Well my dear, this has been awesome reading this story and you really are one of the most gifted writers I've read and this story is just more proof of that. Oh and thanks, by the way, for the sweet little scene at the end of BiG Brother Dean holding onto his pain in the ass little brother and them just sleeping there all exhausted. Such a sweet little scene. Made my heart melt. Thanks for all your hard work! I adore you! *luv n hugs*
AliceAddams13 chapter 9 . 3/15/2011
They're so dumb! I say that in the nicest way possible, though. They finally killed all the (maybe real or maybe not) gnomes! yay! And I think labels are a really, really good idea.
mzz chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
OMG so the gnomes were real? :O ...:)

hehe " Sam: he hit me" and Bobby:" Again?"

What am I gonna have to do, lock you in a closet?"

Dean: "No." Ow poor Dean..

Love a lot the last part, where Dean was in his protective mode and Sam sleeping whit his hurt ear on Dean's chest.

Great story
ronny-of-yore chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
Oh! I just love this fic. Drugged!Dean was both highly hilarious and sort of sad in a humorous way. I loved how Sam took care of him and got his ass beat during the process. And, oh, the way Bobby found things so messed up and yet funny too. My favorite bit, though, was Sam carrying Dean down the stairs. Well, actually, it was a tossup between that and them finally falling asleep on the couch together. So cute. Thank you so much for the read. :)

(By the way, followed your link here from LJ.)
BranchSuper chapter 9 . 3/14/2011
Oh, marvelous! Dean bravely leads the assault agaimst the Gnome King and his minions, valiantly aided by Sam, culminating with Dean bursting Sam's eardrum and Sam inadvertantly head-butting Dean and breaking his nose. After this debacle, Bobby can see that Dean is finally recovering from the effects of the powdered mushrooms he ingested. It was quite a ride. And labelling Bobby's stock seems a very good idea. But there's a still a tiny little gnome quivering under the sofa...

Nicely done.