Reviews for And gie's a hand o' thine
RomanceNovels chapter 1 . 3/13/2011
This is the best fic I've ever read. Seriously. I want to truly thank you. This was THE talk, so absolutely needed. The explanations, the feelings, the arguments. Your writing is excellent, really.
hotforteacher chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Love it! My two favorite parts:

1. The referance to "When Harry meet Sally"! I just saw that movie not too long ago and thought that ithe story line sounded like the same with Cal and Gillian! (I'm still waiting for the Katz Deli scene from Gillian)! LOL! :)

2. Cal's whole confession! You made everything that has happened this season make sense!

You are a genius!
i.heart.play-doh chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
oh my. i've read this three times & i still can't get over how good it is. :) cal's professing of everything is def in character. i could totes see this happening on the show.

awesomesauce story for my lie to me withdrawal. thanks a bunch. belated happy new year!
yayfornonsense chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

I just... can't even form a coherent review. Did I mention... LOVE?
Ardelier chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Yaaaaaaaay! Brilliant, as always.
Lil.Miss.JoJo.33 chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
This was absolutely perfect!
Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
oh my goooooooooooood.

this fic. this fiiiiiiiiiiic. i can't even.

in this fic, perhaps more than all of your others, the imagery just ASTOUNDS ME. It's all so beautiful and brilliant and fucking VIBRANT.

i think my favorite is the image of the words sawing their way out of his chest. OMFG. I love that image. It's brilliant and original! Also, the uneven halves of the uneven whole- that whole thing is amazing.

Just- the whole imagery THROUGHOUT. Articulate review is articulate.

But I love how they talk about shit. How he confesses and the whole scene where she calls him a bastard. You win my liiiiife.

I LOVE YOU. AND THIS FIC. SFM.
tinlizzie82 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Fortunately, this, like all your other stories, bears reading more than once, so I get to review on LJ and then come over here and heap praise on you again. Here goes ...

THIS. IS. PERFECT.
LolaRedMuse chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
this 1 has go of ur most awesome pieces of work ever! sooo many killer PARTS, so much going on here that i totally agree with... this is the Cal that i see on tv, not just the scumbag, i see this broken who loves her beyond words n far too much not to hurt her sometimes... i had to read it twice, i had to lie to my boss so i could finish reading it at work-of course he bought it ;)-

now, the killers:

"What would he have regretted? Bye, darling." sooo sad!

"he'd realized that he'd denied Gill that very same comfort he'd so readily provided Emily with before he left." yes he did n that is why he more relieved when he came back, for her, not just because he had survived, but because he didnt die leaving that unsaid. perfection!

"A broken heart that was already cracked and aching in the first place." this breaks my heart too :(

from here: "He was fully aware of his own actions... to here: how sharp it felt and how much he bled." I ADORE!

"that small step nearly broke him, because there was a time when she wouldn't have. A time when she just would have shared her space." omg! i know!

"It smelled like her in here – like ginger and spices and vanilla and her." sooo lovely!

"Two people... who meet and hate each other and meet and don't hate each other and meet and become friends and then they fall in love." is it "When H rry met Sally?" cos if it is, let me tell u that its 1 of my favest of all times! :D

"his heart has just stopped beating all together, he is sure. IT is just clenching, tighter and tighter and any second now, it will be rendered." GOD! more perfection! damn u great!

this whole paragraph is soooo mindblowing n heartbreaking n perfect!:"She looks over at him and opens her mouth..."

"And there it was – his heart in two pieces as the words crawled up his sternum and into his throat, clawing and fighting all the way. "No, darling, I knew I loved you as soon as I met you." my very favest n what i hope that some day Cal will actually voice on the show.

"Searching his face in all the ways he had taught her, in all the ways she had always insisted they never look. She was breaking her own rule" yes! beautiful! :)

"I knew I was married and I didn't care. But I wasn't a cheater, and neither were you, love, so I made you my best friend instead. Because it was all that was within my reach then, and that was alright." n now im crying n i hate u, but i love u gidget!

"she knew that deep down, buried somewhere in my heart I always resented her for not being you." if he actually ever says that on the show, out loud n clear i will literally drop dead, God! i'd love to! dammit!

"I hated myself, because you were happy and I should want that for you. And I hated myself because my marriage fell apart and I was happy about it for a half hour, and what the hell kind of person was I?" fuck! god! so raw n perfect!

"I wanted to break that rule, smash it to smithereens but all those pieces would hurt you, so I didn't." this is sheer gold!

"I was scared. And then I was hurt." wow! u wanted truth? HERE u have it!

"None of them meant a damned thing, Gill. None of them. I never kept any of them around, and yes it was stupid and thoughtless of me to hurt you like that but I never loved them. And you did." unfuckingbelievably great! APLAUSE!

"You bastard." i knew she gonna say this, pretty much since she opened the door.

"Maybe. Maybe I am a right bastard, but you loved him and it hurt. And that hurt – it twisted something inside of me Gill, and I didn't like it – not a bit. Well, that's a lie, I think I did like it actually at first – but all my heart could do was watch you love him, and mourn his loss and it all just hurt because it should have been me. And I know that was my own stupid fault, but it doesn't change it any, does it? The truth's the truth. And I wante d- I wanted to hurt you back." this confession is so wicked n magnificent i cant even... wow!

"Do you feel better now, Cal? Knowing that you succeeded?" now, there is a dagger!

"He was bleeding out, he was fairly certain – his heart rendered into two uneven halves of an uneven whole." omg!

"He felt his heart twitch at her words, jerk so that the pieces moved closer together, but he didn't dare hope, or move, or even breathe." yes! yes! the tension n the pain n the love! my god!

u r fantastic. this was just my favest so far. u have me changing my favest over n over. u rock! fuck! this was perfect n soooo very moving i cant even... i dont kow how else to review it! man! STANDING OVATION! THROWS FLOWERS AT THE STAGE!
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Well he managed quite a last minute save!
Latitude24 chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Oh, thank you! That was wonderful! I love Cal's inner dialog, just perfect. I've been thinking, too, that it's possible that Wallowski is a retaliation for Burns. Cal really did seem wounded at that whole relationship, and he's not the most mature when it comes to his feelings.

Great job! Hope to see another soon!
nikkidog chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Love how you recapped the year. He is still a jackass but maybe there is hope. :) Thanks, love your fics.
csiAngel chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
I love this so much! I love all the reasoning for why Cal hurt her; particularly the part about her loving Burns. I know that doesn't really defend him, but I love it all the same. Lol! I love that he goes to her; his admission that he loved her straightaway; her shock; her crying; her "you don't get to"... Oh the whole thing! I love it so much. My only problem with it is that it ended. Lol! I was immersed in it and then it ended. That's a bit cruel really ;) No, seriously, I love this! Thank you :)
ReservoirCat chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
aaaaaaahhhhh awesome :)))

great imagery - e.g. "because there will always be that one thing, so precious, so sacred, so secret that you clutch it in your heart – muscles and blood wrap and flow around it, and no one can ever see it, not even you sometimes." -, it literally shows cal's feelings to the point of them being palpable.

i love how you just seem to get the characters so very very well. nothing in your fics seems constructed and unnatural!

you're a GENIUS!
SinVeritas chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
...LUV! Because its so freaking true! Oh how I wish he would really do this but ah too late for new years maybe for some other occassion hopefully