Reviews for Finally Home
PeetaLovesSunsetOrange chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
It was so touching! Perfectly written, well plotted, is supplied by facts and it was just PERFECT! Great job on it!

-Rachel
Martine Brooke chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Just found the book of Deathly Hallows (I saw the film back in the winter) and remembered that I meant to review this piece. It's a nice little scene and I like how you've presented it - narration from someone who knows nothing of the Wizarding World or the Potters' deaths. Are all three family members deliberately nameless? Was it to make them more of a generic Muggle family unit or am I reading too much into things as usual?

I like how you described events after James and Lily's deaths from the Muggle perspective - the cover-up of their deaths (I can imagine the official message travelling from the Minister of Magic to the PM and down the line to the investigative team) and wizards and witches either so jubilant at Voldemort's apparent death or so upset at the Potters' deaths or both that they think little of walking amongst Muggles and acting strangely.

Was the "newly furnished statue" in the film? I only remember it in the book. The breaking glass - is that the attack at Bathilda Bagshot's house? I wondered when I read this if people would still have been around after Harry and Hermione had left because it would have been a while between them leaving the wreath and the attack, but that's a book/film difference too (the church was deserted in the book, but in full swing in the film). Of course, I'm now wondering what all the Muggles will think of the damage to Bathilda Bagshot's house.

I like the story. It fits in well with the narrative.
SJlikeslists chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
You did a nice job of tackling an outside perspective on events here. You segged very smoothly from the grave into the mystery that the Potter's home would have been for the neighbors (not to mention the stream of visits). It was a well-done, thought provoking piece.
SWChica2005 chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
This particular scene was cut practically line by line from the novel. I would like to think, however, that Remus or other close friends to James and Lily would have left something at the grave. Although it's likely that they only did that after the monument themselves were first erected in Godric's Hollow. I love your idea of the trying to depict how the Muggles would react to the roses on the Potters' grave after so many years. Excellent job!