Reviews for Sweet Disease
Nikkette chapter 1 . 10/20/2020
Oh my gosh. I randomly remembered this fic from years ago and came back to it once I realized it wasn’t in my favorites (blasphemous!), hoping it had been updated.

While I’m really, truly, honestly, genuinely SAD to see this amazing story is still unfinished - as well as un-updated - it still doesn’t mean the 9 chapters you’ve been kind enough to grace us with are any less fantastic. The way you write CLU is perfection, and I’d love to see what happens next. How would CLU handle Merkury? How will he and Quorra’s relationship develops? Will he eventually be able to see Quorra as an equal, and use her name rather than just ‘ISO’? I know I’ll probably wonder this for the rest of my days, but it’s still fun to think about.

I just love how well you’re able to illustrate the parallels between Quorra and CLU and how effortlessly you seem to be able to make it so obvious that they’re cut from the same mold and have more similarities than differences to everyone but the characters themselves.

I really hope you’ll continue this some day, but I know how the fic writing business goes; you get inspired, and then you lose it over time. And that’s okay. Just thanks for writing what you have and sharing it here with us. It really is something special :)

Hope you’re doing well! Sorry for all the gushing, I just can’t help myself.

- Jewel~
xxasdfghjkl chapter 9 . 5/19/2015
Excellent character development and great pacing! My only complaint is that it is unrealistic to have CLU's room open to access at all times, but I suppose that is needed to advance the plot. I hope you pick up on this story again someday!
Throwaway chapter 9 . 4/7/2013
Hey just read this story and your portrayal of Clu and his character is amazing. I see you haven't updated since 2011, give us an update and finish this fantastic story, you stopped at the best part!
Guest chapter 9 . 7/11/2012
That is my favourite story about Clu. You would break my heart, if you abandon that fanfiction. Really. Please, update soon.
Anon chapter 9 . 2/5/2012
That. Was. Amazing. I forgot how much I loved this story until now. Please, update soon.

This story is totally awesome. Don't abandon it. That would break my heart.
Alinka914 chapter 9 . 1/4/2012
great great story) CLU looks so alive, with all his thoughts and to know how he will solve this situation) when will the next chapter?
takara410 chapter 9 . 11/27/2011
love it please more
inesialen chapter 9 . 11/15/2011
I don't think that I have ever read such an intense, emotive story as this. You write very compellingly; I can't decide if I hate and despise or love and pity Clu. I hope that you update soon - this semi-cliffhanger will drive me mad if too much time goes by, I'm sure. Very good work, writing!
Fritz as Pritz chapter 9 . 11/3/2011
Oh my gosh! Why did you have to end it there? Now I'm going to have to wait months for the next part! I swear, you make me wish I had more patience.

It was great, as always. You managed to keep us interested and added a few new things as well. Clu finally kissed her. There was a false alarm or two before, but now it's just, wow. I kind of feel bad for Quorra because she couldn't even push him away or anything. And Merkury and Voltas saw. I wonder what will happen with that. I don't think either would dare to cross Clu, but that had to be a strange sight. Word would probably spread too and that might ruin his reputation...Dang please update sooner!

*Finz*
Leto Mireille chapter 9 . 11/3/2011
I can review this chapter only once, so I had to think over what I wanted to write here.

Firstly, when I saw alert of new chapter of "Sweet Disease" and it wasn't there, I sadly thought it's a fake.

Now my inner pervert wonders how Clu will talk his way out of this.

9th chapter truly is a mystery. What's happening with the System. Why there is a rift and who's created it. And who is the other program from Clu's dreams wearing his colors?

I have a feeling that big change awaits us here. Surely Clu won't derezz Merkury or Voltas, or alter their discs.

Maybe those famous Rebels finally emerge? I hope, not. Dictator's order is better than chaos of good intentions.

I marvel your ability to write this story so tightly. Your last update was when? 3-4 months ago? And yet the atmosphere of a whole haven't changed a bit. Ussually after 3rd chapter fanfics begin to live their own lifes or die abandoned, authors stray from their initial ideas. Sometimes it's good, more often - horrible.

Another quality of your writing is almost no author notes. Personally, I don't know yet if it's good or bad; maybe I just need a little more time.

And finaly, FINALY, Clu. A great villain and even greater victim of his own thoughts. He doesn't know what he is feeling. Maybe he doesn't want to acknowledge these feelings. They scare him,confuse him by that leading to his mistakes. You've portrayed his stuborness, then loneliness, need to be acknowledged by his creator and lack of purpose when he left The Grid. But the saddest is this feeling of insignificance. Here he is the ruler of the world, but he knows this world is nothing but a box somewhere in the basement, so fragile and depending on Users whims.

Brilliant. The best study of dark character I've read.
No Line on the Horizon chapter 9 . 11/3/2011
Seems like this is the closest that CLU has come to actually feeling somewhat happy. And then he decides to throw it away in attempt to make himself feel better. Interesting.

Wonderful atmosphere throughout the whole chapter, I'm always impressed at how good you are at doing that. And you surprised me there with the ending with CLU kissing Quorra like that. It seemed like neither of them liked it, yet they both did it anyway.

Oh and props to the Muse lyrics in the beginning, I love that song.

Until next time!

NLH
hoppnhorn chapter 9 . 11/2/2011
Amazing update! You build up the emotion so well, I was holding my breath at the end! I can't wait for another chapter. ) Awesome job.
irinab chapter 9 . 11/2/2011
yay. new chap.

"everything begins to feel far gone"...sorry clu, but im beginning to think that includes you.

was he having a flashback about what happened to clu 1.0? or was he telling the truth about flynn being dead. either way, great update.
Leto Mireille chapter 8 . 10/22/2011
The atmosphere here is one of a kind. I've read a lot - some titles better than others, some not. Still, nothing can compare to "Sweet Disease". Even if I read it once again, it's still captivating.

This story has only one imperfection - slow updates.
Kent Rigel chapter 8 . 9/6/2011
In a word? Spectacular. Your story seethes with confrontation, CLU vs. Quorra, CLU vs. the Rebels/Chaos and CLU vs. Himself. Fierce and powerful exercising of the characters, tormenting each other and themselves. I can't wait to see where you go with this... and am intensely curious what is happening with Sam and Kevin. Outside the Grid time moves much slower, for them it might not have been very long at all.

It may be longer even yet if the Flynns are reprogramming the Grid outside, engineering in backdoors and strategising a rescue. Will Quorra still be there when they get back? If she is, will she still be Quorra?

Can't wait to see...