Reviews for Stick Around
Lostin2004 chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Wow, what a full review they wrote you :). Mine will be shorter, though. I have to admit that I felt sad for Aaron, but you did a good job in portraying them both to resemble a lot their own parents.
For A Key chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I love the picture you get from the opening scene: Clementine there wrapped up with Aaron. Stunning. The little things you mentioned is what makes the whole part. Those littel irritations, and you got that Clementine noticed them because she did care about those things, caring about them because she cares about him - Aaron.

I love Clementine being so much like Sawyer. Southern accent. Son of a bitch. Awesomeness all around in her character you built here. I am really interested in more of this Clementine potrayal, what makes her the way she is? She really believes herself to to be... like she doesn't deserve it, Aaron, the whole shebang.

(Watership Down, hehe :])

This also made me laugh: She turns, and holy hell how is this kid still smiling? and Things I Don't Freaking Get About Aaron Littleton, volume eighteen.

I really got Claire's innocence and want in Aaron and the Sawyer in Clementine, but they were sill their own, and I loved that. There's so much about this whole thing I love: which is everything.
Jimelda chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
Wow, this is simply beautiful, in a rough-around-the-edges kind of way. And no, I am not talking about the writing, haha, because the way you wrote this fic, it's...well, it's definitely more than I was expecting (and at the same time, not what I was expecting at all!). The only thing I can say is thank you so very, very much for writing this.

And as to my previous comment, it was pertaining to Clementine. I absolutely love the way she is portrayed here, because her relationship with Aaron is not all laughter and smiles. It seems they have a lot of issues, both right there on the surface and hiding beneath too. And, while you did not mention either Sawyer or Claire at all in your fic (and bonus points to you for that, because it was nice to read something that was strictly in-the-moment Clem and Aaron) I could definitely see who each of them takes after. The Sawyer-isms are more evident than Claire, but at the same time I can understand what you mean when you say you based Aaron off her. He's shy, cheerful, easy to please and also wanting to please the people he cares about.

Clementine, on the other hand, is out-spoken, sarcastic, pretty gosh-darn grumpy for Christmas day, and all around a lot like her father - (Ooops, I lied. While you didn't mention Sawyer or Claire by name, the Watership Down was a pretty big reference, haha! Which I was thrilled by.) - and I love her! You portrayed her perfectly. Again, not what I would expect, but her character fits with her genetics, haha. It's amazing that Clem and Aaron have ended up together at all, but the way you wrote them makes their relationship more than believable, but also very real. They are two people who have experienced some pretty unfortunate circumstances in their life, both being abandoned by those who should have stuck around to care for them (either by choice or by...fate), and have somehow wound up closer together because of it. Which is why they work together. I can't imagine that they would be able to maintain their relationship by filling the silences with meaningless words forever, though. Clementine sure needs to open up to Aaron once in a while. And the poor guy, I can't even begin to imagine how he feels.

I do have to wonder though, what happened to Claire and Kate? Hmmm, there are a lot of scenarios I would like to fill in here, and I am pleased with the way you left them for the readers to decide. Why are Clem and Aaron spending Christmas with just each other in the first place? How long have they been together? All of that and more is left up to the imagination, which is character for a great piece of writing: it’s so descriptive on its own, that it doesn’t have to explain everything. And I can’t even begin to tell you exactly how much I enjoyed reading it.

You have absolutely written an angsty fic, yet one which still has a silver lining. Do not worry about it being a day late, I am simply glad to have been given the chance to read your amazing work. And thank you again for writing it for me. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy request, but you have done a fantastic job with it. Thanks again, and happy (late) holidays to you too. :)