Reviews for The Best Laid Plans
Stevi Re chapter 3 . 10/15/2013
I hope you're going to return to this someday
X chapter 3 . 4/23/2013
Please write more? This is some of the best written stuff on this site, and unlike some, it actually has a good plotline! Keep it up! :
forgetmenotjimmy chapter 3 . 5/24/2012
Excellent fic! Poor Sherlock! I love John being all comforting, is there any more?

:D
SmilingSloth chapter 3 . 5/5/2012
I can't express just how much I love your writing, it's so very addictive. You must have done a fair bit of research and it bloody well shows; you've got the characters perfectly in tune, I didn't once feel unsure about what they were doing or saying.

I do wish however I could come up with some sort of inspiration. So far, Sherlock is only now realising the full extent of the emotional damage the encounter has caused him. He also realises John has always had much deeper reasons for staying with him. John himself is witnessing the growing level of intimacy between them and acknowledges that (surprise surprise!) it doesn't bother him at all.

Where to go from here? Maybe Sherlock will suddenly feign indifference and unnecessarily begin to distance himself again, much to the chagrin (and perplexed anger?) of John. Sherlock will feel guilty at his thoughts and John will think he'd done something wrong (at this point our dear Sherlie will resort to complete non-communication and be unable therefore to persuade Jawn otherwise). They'd eventually have to face each other when outside life intrudes their sanctum and a certain consulting criminal rears his ugly head again, threatening to once again destroy what they have... Maybe.

I just hope you can find the time to update this, you've got a great story going here (along with all the other ones). My god what talent you have! Make sure to let it thrive by soldiering on! It's been incredibly indulgent reading your work, I salute thee and wait patiently for future updates! *raises deerstalker hat in admiration* ;)
MaverikFlame chapter 3 . 12/15/2011
Oh, Sherlock. ;_;

I love the interactions between Sherlock and John here. So glad John's so good at taking care of the poor traumatized idiot.

Almost a year since you've updated, though. Do you plan on continuing this?
Angela chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
I know you have a life, and updating stories is not so simple, but please, please, please don't abandon this one, ok? It's got so much potential, I love John in this one...
ZemyxDexion chapter 3 . 7/17/2011
Oh, wow. Normally I don't enjoy the rapefics so much, but this has serious potential and I'm definitely loving the way you're playing it. I can't wait to see more!

-ZemyxDexion
akisura12 chapter 3 . 5/2/2011
O-oh. That scene was rather horrible. Though the actual story is really good so far, I quite like it. I really love your writing for some reason. I'm not sure if it's just your style or way of describing or else, but it's really enjoyable.

Oh, and you mentioned another account, what is it?
GGE chapter 3 . 4/24/2011
Well, quite dark, but I suppose I was warned! Makes sense, so far. Sherlock thinks he can think his way out of things and very clearly can't do so for everything.

I think it's going well; John, especially, is very realistic. He does care and his responses work. I'd like to see more fluff, but only if it fits with what you have in mind. I like it!
water kangaroo chapter 3 . 4/22/2011
BLARGALARGALARG YOU MUST UPDATE. This is amazing! I feel bad for saying that about a fic in which Sherlock is raped, but hey. And you can't just leave it at that!
Missjulia.Miriam chapter 3 . 2/19/2011
OHMAHGOD. It's so dark and yet so cute at the same time! I can't wait for the next chapters!
SisterRaven chapter 2 . 1/27/2011
Lovely work! You managed to get the "awww" factor, but still have a believable level of angst. That's a hard balance to strike - it's very easy to give readers emotional whiplash with such conflicting feelings, but you've managed to nail it spot-on.

You've managed to keep John and Sherlock in character, and I like how you give glimpses into what each of them is thinking, giving them an emotional depth that may not be as clearly conveyed by their external actions. I have to say, I especially liked Sherlock's darkly humourous comment about Action Man.

Sherlock's current need for comfort has obviously made him a bit physically demonstrative. I have to wonder, though - do you think he would end up in a full-fledged cuddle once he's asleep? Guess I'll have to wait until next chapter to find out!
Penelope Snape chapter 2 . 1/19/2011
really lovely story
rumandmoney chapter 2 . 1/17/2011
:'(

Mixed with

And a bit of

:o

Very well written. John is wonderfully in character, and so is Sherlock despite being so...out of character at the same time.

I'm not making much sense. I can just see Sherlock reacting that way very easily.

It's very tactfully written. So many congrats on that, as I've read many a fic where prostitutes were presented as people who generally enjoyed their job, which some do, don't misunderstand me, but the majority don't...look forward to it, to say the least.

It was incredibly sad, incredibly sweet.

Nice domesticity interwoven throughout. Such as the toothpaste thing. I get that it hinted at the whole...uprooting-ness of the entire ordeal, but 'John' speaking of Sherlock's fastidiousness of hygiene gave it a nice, familar touch.

Very nicely done.

Hugely looking forward to an update!

Also, if I may give one small suggestion, it would be to capitalise the story title. Small detail, but did almost put me of reading (hugely glad I did read now however :D)
Storystuff chapter 2 . 1/15/2011
Ah, this is great! Bless Sherlock, he needs John and John knows exactly what to say! It's really good reading so far, so keep it up! Erm, I don't know how far your taking it, but could there be a flashback at some point? Because then he'd be all broken for John to fix even more. Man I'm sadistic. But going by the M rating, you've probably already thought about that. So I'm just going to shut up now. Keep writing please!