Reviews for No Laughing Matter
tokiosa chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
This is the best mistletoe fic I have ever read. It's beautifully in character. The descriptions of cal's mannerisms and his speech patterns are all spot on. I thought Gillian and Ria's presence was perfect, and I loved that in the end, Loked didn't give in. I loved the edge of darkness to the whole story and think you did a fabulous job writing this story. You're very talented. Thanks for sharing.
flinch chapter 1 . 10/15/2011
Please, please, PLEASE write more. :D
JBubbles chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Ohhh, that demands a sequel! One where Cal is "forced" to or manipulate or succumb to Loker.

Love the fic!
boredandhomealone chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Loved the end. Absolutely perfect. Good job.
robby1925 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
That's exactly how I would imagine they would get together. You matched the character personalities perfectly. If they did get together, it would start in anger for sure. Great job.
mcdermie11 chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
wow. i really liked this

it showed the complexity of Loker, which i feel we should see more of in the show.

and a Bi-Sexual Cal. Now i really am intrigued :D

thanks for the story.

-molly
AutumnOak chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I was expecting something more lighthearted for a kiss-under-mistletoe fic, but the darker mood you used worked perfectly for the Cal/Loker relationship. And good on Loker for finally getting the upper hand! (Also, good on Ria and Gillian for bonding over eggnog and demanding the men kiss.)

Anyway, I love the semi-destructive thing Cal and Loker have on the show, so it's always great to see it explored in slash fic. Write more, please!
Calculated Artificiality chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This was oddly intriguing. I'm not necessarily into slash, but I have to say that I definitely ship this more than I ship Eli/Ria.

ALSO, your characterization of Cal's sexuality as "situational," nearly made me LOL and, I think, fits perfectly. (plus, I don't feel so guilty about reading and enjoying this fic because with that, you totally leave room for Cal to ALSO be into Gillian). I can totally see Cal's sexuality as a bit nebulous on the show no matter HOW much they try to make him into a manwhore with all the ladies. :D

Bottom line, Cal was HOT in this fic. You had him being very Cal-like, and I liked it. Pretty sure yours is the only slash I'll read though- pretty sure you're amazing at writing it.

And this fic was nothing short of a guilty pleasure. Shhh... don't tell anyone! (:
sash queen of the jungle chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Oh Eli and cal! Mental image scarred for life.