Reviews for Broken Birds
Reldresal chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
Nine hundred years of failures and mistakes? How much Doctor Who have you actually seen? Wasn't this written after Donna's happy ending? In The Waters Of Mars he was trying to save lives, which was breaking the rules, his own rules, but he didn't claim, as everyone on the Internet says, to be the master of all time and space, the ruler of the universe, or a GOD, unless a Time Lord was a god after 40 years.
They had all either wound up dead-or worse. Right. There have been a total of 42 companions-on television alone-and only five have died. He knew he could never last long without human contact. Actually Russell T. Davies said that between Journey's End and The End Of Time, the Doctor was on his own for years. And all of that's just in the first chapter...
G253 chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
Nice starter you portrayed the character very well, Cleric what do yo think? (Cleric: nicely done my favorite was the doctor!)
mordreek chapter 11 . 2/22/2015
And with that, the series ends, it had potential but life has a way of changing out plans. This last chapter had some funny moments but felt kind of lack-luster. Thank you for writing the story and good luck with w/e you end up doing.
mordreek chapter 10 . 2/22/2015
Poor Akitsu, I'm guessing there is something inside her that shuts her down if she starts being a person again in this story. No one should have to go through that.

Good to see that Chiho and Uzume will be free soon. Uzume was smart to stay under the radar until Chiho heals.
mordreek chapter 9 . 2/22/2015
HAHAHA, of COURSE Matsu would be a whovian, I am cracking up here. Oh that is priceless, and you can see the resignation on David Tennent's face.

I also geeked out at seeing Brigadier in Japan, wouldn't he be retired by now? But that is a true classical whovian reference and I must salute you for it.

Miya is charismatic, I'll give her that. Her bonking in this chapter was much more reasonable/amusing. "you enjoyed looking and did it too long" made me smirk, still think she needs to ease up.

Gotta love the Doctor's ability to get straight to the heart of a problem and solve it...by cooking! I think it was the time he had to cure his arsenic poisoning that got him into cooking again.

So the Doctor and the black dog have met in the doctor's future.

I can kinda see where Tsukiumi is coming from, the way the Doctor is denying Akitsu looks back from the outside, but she's also being hypocritical. He is perhaps the one person who could take on the role of Ashikabi and NEVER abuse it, but she all of a sudden demands he return Akitsu's affections despite her recent contempt for Ashikabi herself.
mordreek chapter 8 . 2/22/2015
First, nice reference to Princess Bride Miya, second: BACK THE FUCK OFF! IT'S NOT YOUR INN, IT'S NOT YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS! Oy, in her own home is one thing, her trying to dictate how people interact with their loved ones in another place entirely is completely different. And it the fact that she was concerned about "Indecent relations" bullshit, if she was concerned about Chiho's health or stress that would not only be reasonable but commendable, instead she is once again making everyone as sexually repressed and frustrated, not to mention trying to deprive them of the intimacy she lost with her husband. Hate her canon character, I know what they were going for and they fucked it up so badly.

Ok, rant aside, Nice to see more interaction between Chiho and Uzume, very cute and sweet. The show and manga give us maybe 2 or 3 moments like that before ending that storyline.
mordreek chapter 7 . 2/22/2015
Takami is shown in a subtle light in this story, caring too. Not many writers do that, but you pull it off well.

I kinda feel bad for Minato there, picked the wrong time to be friendly and got a cold reception. Hopefully the Doctor can help her break the chains in her mind and heart, allowing her to find someone she belongs with...or even the strength to stand alone.

Ah Matsu tries to find the Doctor's paper trail...bahahahaha, oh good luck with that.
mordreek chapter 6 . 2/22/2015
I love Yume's reaction to The Doctor's hyperactive, vocalized internal monologue/process of elimination *whap* "focus", very amusing.

The background info on Minaka makes sense for the story you are creating here. First time I haven't seen him be a total monster. Still a monster but actual reasons may be behind it.

Hopefully Yashima will get a chance to heal before Takami's coup. It's hard not to pity someone in that position. I mean, made to eat dog food? That guy is a sicko.

The canon Tsukiumi is really obnoxious, I wonder how meeting the Doctor will change things?
mordreek chapter 5 . 2/22/2015
Wow, sharing minds with the Doctor, that must have been...indescribable. And so the Doctor learns why he must be here, what he has to stop. Let those who would enslave and torture beware, a Time Lord comes for them.

It's interesting to see the sub plots developing that are described here. Between Yashima desperate for freedom and Minato trying to do what's right, it'll be a rocky ride.
mordreek chapter 4 . 2/22/2015
I love how disappointed the Doctor was to not have a spontaneous new set of extra limbs. I could easily see his kicked puppy expression.

I like the perception filter explanation as to why most humans didn't notice her. Nice merging of concepts.
mordreek chapter 3 . 2/22/2015
Why do I have a feeling the Doctor is going to be saying "Oh right...Japan" a lot in this story?

I like the train of thought Akitsu is on, getting her sense of worth back by thinking outside of what she is not and focusing on what she could be.

And we're back to Minaka for our daily dose of obnoxiously mad.
mordreek chapter 2 . 2/22/2015
The only reason, the ONLY one, that I am not howling with laughter at the Doctor's dawning realization about the love hotel is because I don't want to disturb other people. You could hear the train of Akitsu's thoughts derail," He may be mad, but perhaps it's a better kind tha...nope he's as batshit crazy as Minaka -_- "
mordreek chapter 1 . 2/22/2015
This has me grinning up a storm, Akitsu and David Tennent...bwahahahahaha Oh what a beautiful start. Until Minaka steals the Tardis, that is...oy does that guy have a death wish.

I like how you set the stage with how each was feeling emotionally drained/destroyed. Helps provide empathy for the characters, and sets the stage as to why they would think of themselves as kindred spirits of a sort.
Seki108 chapter 11 . 1/25/2015
I just read through all the chapters. It's definitely good so far. Hopefully, one day you'll get your muse/inspiration for this story back.
jaconda chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
When did Doctor Who ever say he was a monster? When did he and the TARDIS communicate like that?