Reviews for Alexander Ruminates, or The Goat's Tale
Aussie0 chapter 3 . 11/26/2011
Alexander seems like such a caring, intelligent and adorable person in this. I am beginning to feel and closer and closer to him. He is my favourite Wild Thing in the movie as well, as I am really enjoying this.
Aussie0 chapter 2 . 11/26/2011
This is really good! It really makes me want to keep reading. You're really good with words which is great too!

This has made me really think about Alexander as well and perhaps helped me to see things from his side, which is what you wanted right? Well it is working.
MissEccentricWriter chapter 13 . 7/6/2011
I love Alexander's rant on Coffee, guess whats coming in my story! When I read this, I always think of Alexander as critiquesizing bastard and love him even more XD And the that scene with Carol and Max, thats how Yaoi is made! And very disturbed fanfics.

Great work!
samus18 chapter 13 . 5/6/2011
Alas, I am so sad that there is no more to read after this. T_T I have a feeling I'll be going back and re-reading it again. As you can see, I've derived a lot of pleasure from this story - you wrote it incredibly well.

The argument part was really sad, of course.

But I had to laugh - yet again - when A. described his impression of Max and Carol hugging, lol.

Well, A. reminds me so much of myself when I'm writing just for the heck of it (and to be sure, I don't share what I write with anyone, unless it's a fanfic.)

Once again, I really, really hope you decide to continue writing this story. ) If not now, then someday - hopefully sooner than later.

The only bad thing about a good story is that it ends.
samus18 chapter 12 . 5/6/2011
Ok, I think without a doubt I can say that this chapter had me laughing more than the others. XD

Seriously, I'm enjoying this story so much, that I truly don't want it to end. )

I really hope you continue it - it's really a gem!

The part where Alexander is describing the brain-cutting device is hilarious, again - (and who can blame him for that freaky mental image of these knives popping out of nowhere to descend upon his brain? I'm sure we all thought that when Max mentioned brains being cut out. o)

Love his description of Judith taking on the job.

Love his description of Carol and his rage at the end of the chapter. And I got a huge kick out of Alexander comparing Douglas to and Carol to .

Hate to say it, but it does seem kinda like them in a nutshell, doesn't it? X)
samus18 chapter 11 . 5/6/2011
I can't even begin to name the things in this chapter that made me laugh. XD It was such a delight to read! You must be sick of hearing that by now, but it's true! Alexander is such a sweetheart, and yes I mean even in spite of his snarky comments. Heck, the poor guys' just injured (emotionally), I think we can cut him a little slack.

It's so cute him noticing he had a branch stuck on his horn. I re-watched the movie today, and it was refreshing - if anything, I think A. fans try to notice him more than anyone or anything else in the movie.

It's so sad when he offers to have himself introduced to the kind, and no one hears him. (

(Story of my life as well, so I can greatly sympathize with A.)
samus18 chapter 10 . 5/6/2011
Ha ha, this was hilarious! I'm so appreciating A.'s point of view about these events, and when you've seen the movie (as well as read the book), it's downright funny. D

You know, I don't think I mentioned this, but I actually like the idea of Alexander (and the others, too?) possessing this 'mysterious knowledge.' I think the fact that he's able to mention outside-world references really makes it more fun to read.

I have to say, though, the ending of this chapter is my favorite - when Alexander is describing himself and the other Wild Things standing at the edge of the cliff, looking out from their world, with the sea air blowing in their faces.

I think this part is what really made me feel connected to Alexander in some way...because I think we all know what it's like to have a wonderful moment and wish that it could last forever.

I guess the word I'm looking for is: wistful.
samus18 chapter 9 . 5/6/2011
Wow...this is amusing, but also quite sad.

I mean, I feel bad for K.W., and if I'm not mistaken, she was hurt about agreeing to lie to Carol...yes? (

I thought this was all very realistic on the parts of the characters - I'm pleasantly surprised, actually. If this had happened in the movie, this is exactly how I think K.W. would act. And Alexander, too - I'm sure he'd feel a tinge of guilt, or remorse, or something, that would make him feel as hollow as a goats' horn.

Great depiction of Carol, too. He's a pretty emotional guy, and I think you wrote him spot-on. )
samus18 chapter 8 . 5/6/2011
You know, when I was reading this (actually I had already read it, but didn't have time to leave a review right away), I was becoming so interesting as to what Carols' reaction might be. )

And I can't help but be with Alexander when he thought it was kind of funny - it really tickled me, reading about how Alexander tried to keep from laughing. XD I can just picture his sweet face doing that!

Anyway, this chapter was pretty amusing! I'm surprised Carol bought it, but I guess he can be as gullible as the rest of us. )
samus18 chapter 7 . 5/3/2011
This chapter had me really intrigued as to what Alexander had in mind. But I still have to stick with my previous opinions, that I think it's ultimately his raw point of view that makes the story interesting, plans and plots aside. )

What's also interesting is the appearance of this crashed plane. Interesting-creepy, of course, but I, for one, can appreciate this new perspective. If I'm not mistaken, Alexander and Douglas were getting a glimpse of humanitys' world.
samus18 chapter 6 . 5/1/2011
Ha ha - this chapter amused me. ) I just love Alexanders' sense of humor. Specifically when he's describing Max being gullible about Carols' explanation about the bones, and then pointing back to 'the tribes' own vulnerability when they believed Max.

I swear sometimes he reminds me of me...
samus18 chapter 5 . 5/1/2011
Once again, it's way interesting reading about what we all saw in the movie from a different, more interesting perspective. I'm really enjoying Alexanders' take on everything - and like I said before, his sense of humor is the icing on the cake. I don't think I mentioned yet that I love all of these little references to well-known movies and books.

For example, Max realizing he "wasn't in Kanses" anymore.

For me, anyway, it adds a lot to the story, and I don't know if I can even really explain why. Perhaps because we, the readers, are all familiar with said mentioned books and movies that are a part of our world (not the world of the Wild Things), we feel we can relate to Alexander somehow.
samus18 chapter 4 . 5/1/2011
I loved reading this chapter! Alexander is seriously getting more interesting by the minute - I mean it.

And this line:

"However, I'll do my best to be dispassionate, factual and unbiased.

Carol is an obnoxious jackass"

Made me laugh. XD

I was pretty enchanted the whole way through. Alexanders' humor really adds wonderful spice to this story - and it sure helps that you have the writing skills to pull it off.

The ending was an interesting little surprise, when A. suggested that he gets a bath and a combing - because I once had a dream that I did exactly that for him. o_o In my jacuzzi - no joke! Weird coincidence, I think.
samus18 chapter 3 . 4/30/2011
This chapter is even better than the last, if that's possible. D

I swear, this really gets more interesting with each paragraph. I'm loving the nonsensical way that Alexander is telling his story - I think we all know that nonsensical is the best way to write, anyway. All of my favorite stories have been written in more or less the way you're writing this one, and it sure makes the reader think, long after they've stopped reading it.

I'm on to the next chapter.
samus18 chapter 2 . 4/30/2011
This is an immensely interesting beginning. )

I knew you were an incredible writer. Talk about giving a depth to Alexander that we didn't see much of in the movie (well, we did, but not in this particular way.)

I think I'm most intrigued by the cryptic style to his (Alexanders') thoughts, and his point of view about himself, the people around him, and the world around him.

If this is just the beginning, then I greatly anticipate reading the rest. )