Reviews for Stars of New York
warrior of six blades chapter 4 . 5/3
Well that was an understandable one shot of Subaru and Shinjiro. As Subaru is a high level perfectionist in many ways, while Shinjiro makes mistakes more then he likes to admit. So him hearing Subaru would always accept him as he accepted her is a nice finish for this.

I think just for the sake of seeing a new one, try Rosita and Shinjiro, only instead of openly showing his feelings. He tries to keep things platonic with her, but deep down worries for her as she goes off bounty hunting the bad guys or making sure she doesn't hurt herself as she runs around after her pet in the Harlem,Nico, I believe the little guy was called if I remember correctly...Or as Rosita called him her plan B. Poor Nico.

You don't have too, but it's just something I felt like throwing out there. She is one of the main ones in the game he could bond with and worked along side with after all. Anri, Cherry, and Ratchet are hard to bond with in the game I notice compared to the five main girls.
warrior of six blades chapter 3 . 5/3
Well that was a sweet one shot of Diana and Shinjiro as he teaches her how to swim. Anri seems to jump the gun a lot with Shinjiro and calling him a pervert or an idiot for doing something she thinks is stupid. Is she a tsundere or something? I have to give points to Diana though for the underwater kiss, never knew she had it in her. Though like they say, it's the shy, innocent, and quiet ones that will surprise you the most.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 4 . 6/28/2012
Another good one this time with Shinjiro and Subaru but to me Subaru is female and the game I think does imply that quite a lot.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 3 . 6/28/2012
Very cute one with Shinjiro and Diana one of my favorite parts in the game is when Shinjiro helps Diana realizes that fate isn't etched in stone.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 2 . 6/28/2012
Great one with Shinjiro and Gemini and it was amusing to see Shin try to ride Larry.
Grey Wolf4 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Great start to the series and also Ratchet is one of my favorites.
No Account chapter 4 . 8/7/2011
Aw, darn! I forgot to tell ya what I thought about the summary! So, here it is:

FREAKING EPIC! I know I sound like a crazy person but I don't care. That is a good idea! Seriously! So basically the enemy knows who the NYCR members are so it can reveal their identities to the public at any time. And so they need to fight carefully or everyone will learn their secrets! Gah, I wish I thought of it. :/

Anyway, yes! I think you should go for it! Let your awesome writing abilities shine! And make everyone totally jealous that you came up with the idea and not them, just like ya did me. Ah, well. I guess even if I did come up with the idea and wrote it myself, it'd fail miserably. I'll leave it to the pros. XD
No Account chapter 4 . 8/7/2011
Yaaay! You actually did my stupid request! *punches air*

Heh. That was awesome, as usual. Very very sweet and fluffy. Makes me happy! *thumbs up* Only thing is, I think that Shinjiro was kinda too straightforward at the end. Instead of just saying what was on his mind, he could deny it and say 'No, nothing's wrong!' or maybe just stay silent? You know, '...' (because the player let the LIPS time limit run out? LOL.) or else say 'Subaru...' because the sheer amount of times Shinjiro said a character's name followed by an ellipsis in the game was just laughable. Other than that, I enjoyed it. Thanks for doing my request, and I'd like to see more like this! :)

*rereads Author's note*

Yeah, I agree on the bit you said about the anime. Sakura Wars, given the circumstances, just wouldn't appeal to people at the time it was released in America. There were just so many popular anime being made at the time... my sister thought it was an Evangelion ripoff (dumb sister, I know.) I personally think it would've been wiser to dub the anime alongside the release of So Long, My Love to give the hype more fuel.

And, uhm... O_O There's a new Sakura Taisen game coming out! Even if it's a browser game, I don't care! The last one was like, three years ago! I don't believe this! My hands are literally shaking right now! Even if it's in not in English, my terrible Japanese will prevail! I need more Sakura Taisen! Holy cow, THANK YOU FOR TELLING ME! ...So, where do I find this game?
James Birdsong chapter 4 . 8/3/2011
Cool one-shot. Good luck with the story idea and and good luck seeing the other endings to Sakura Wars 5. Oh I look forward to the browser game (hopefully can be played online) and hope it is in english _
The Unknown Alias chapter 4 . 7/30/2011
Okay, two things.

1) If you need a prompt, I wouldn't mind seeing a oneshot of the girls competing over Shinjiro.

2) Where exactly did you hear of this Sakura Wars internet game?
James Birdsong chapter 3 . 7/1/2011
Splendid. Hm wonderful honestly
No account chapter 3 . 6/29/2011
Oh! Just read your profile and saw you're already working on a Subaru one. My bad!
No account chapter 3 . 6/29/2011
This one kinda reminds me of Hanabi's character ending in 'Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa moeteiru ka?'. Swimming, you know?

Speaking of the previous games in the series, doesn't it bug you that games 1-4 were never released in English? And they haven't made a fresh, new game since 2005? I'm waiting patiently, NISA...

Their ages? Well, unlike the members of the Teikoku Kagekidan (Imperial Floral Assault Squad) they don't have official ages, but I read somewhere that Rosita/Rika is 12-13, Gemini is 17-ish, Ratchet and Subaru are slightly older than that, and Cheiron/Sagiitta and Diana are somewhere in between. Sakura Taisen Wiki is just too vague.

Can I request something? A Subaru-centric piece where Shin questions whether he's not good enough for her(?) because she's(?) just so perfect. Angst! Thanks, and you're awesome!
No account chapter 2 . 6/29/2011
Yes, yes. Loved this too. Really kept it short and sweet, but still managed to keep it interesting. The only thing I'd say would be to reread it a couple times to get rid of the grammatical errors. Otherwise, well done.
No account chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
Yo! That was a nice oneshot!

Ah, Ratchet. She's the one that banished Shin to the prop room at the sleepover, and admonished him for staying overnight at Rosita/Rika's house. Now look at her. Guilty, guilty Ratchet :)