Reviews for Go Where I Cannot Follow
Tobi Is My Name chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
Agh! Th-The feeeeeeeeeels! Gods be praised I liked this one, the feels are so fluffy and soft and warm. Just wanna curl up in them for a few hours. Really well written and I enjoyed the warmth between Raoul and Erik here.
Haru Kinome chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Good: Aw, this fic /is/ sad :( It reminds me of gray clouds and hours spent staring into nothing and just /thinking/, of moments heavy with the vague sense that everything just might be ending while the rest of the world rushes past obliviously. This story is written in a way that creates that feeling of suspended time and reflects the grief that the Chagnys are undoubtedly sinking in by focusing more on the characters' (especially Erik and Philippe's) brooding and shoving movement and speech into the background. None of the dialogue is filler or extraneous; instead, it fits perfectly where it needs to and adds to the sobriety rather than breaking the tension like the characters intended. And the angst is even further multiplied by the undercurrents of loneliness and isolation in this fic: the strain of their own individual grief has broken the family into separate pieces, but they're still trying to force some semblance of closeness and normalcy between them. Erik is trying to consolidate his sorrow over the deaths with his doubts that he truly belongs to the Chagny family; Philippe is unable to mourn properly under the weight of his sudden responsibilities; Amelie and Mathilde have withdrawn so far into each other that they're almost one person split into two bodies; and poor Raoul-kun is struggling to make sense of the situation in that heartbreaking, childish way that doesn't allow him to fully comprehend the severity of death but will not grant him the blissfulness of being entirely ignorant of it. And Erik and Philippe are both desperately trying to distract and protect Raoul from the tragedy, but their attempts are too awkward and fleeting so they fail, and that's even sadder to read because their failure fits in devastatingly well with this fic.

So thank you very much for writing this amazing fic, as unhappy as it is. Your talents are truly considerable if you can reconstruct the shell-shocked, numb bleakness that only death can conjure without making it overdramatic or cheesy. Which you did :)

(Erm, I couldn't find a good place to put this in that mess of a paragraph up there, but I really love Raoul's last line in this fic. It's so wonderfully in character for a young child, and I like the reference to Imaginary Friends. Also, as inappropriate as this is considering the subject matter of this fic, when I read the whole 'Erik is Philippe, Amelie and Mathilde's brother but simply family to Raoul' thingie, my first thought was 'of course; Erik's married in to the Chagnys via Raoul' :3 Gomen ne.)

Bad: Etou... The frequent and sudden pov switches between Erik and Philippe was a little distracting to me :/ It was a lot easier to get that sense of heartache once it settled on one character towards the end.

Misc: "...Aimee interrupted..." Anou, is 'Aimee' Amelie's nickname? I have a ton of questions about the AU you've created for this fic, but is it okay if I ask one of the smaller ones? Where did you get Amelie and Mathilde's names from? Or was there a specific reason you gave them those names?
Emilx311 chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Awww so cute. Too bad for them that it didn't happen in Imaginary friends, it would have saved Erik a lot of pain. then again it would also mean the loss of a great story so its probably better that things worked out in the way they did. :)

~Emi
re-harakhti chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Awww, thia was so sad and yet it was nice to see the family pulling together andstarting to work through their grief.

What ages are they all meant to be, Raoul is mentioned as being 5 but I can't imagine what age Philippe and Erik are - old enough for Philippe to be head of the hosuehold without another family member taking over control of the esate, but still young enough to be well, children.

Enjoyed Phil & Erik interactions, Erik's insecurity over his place in the family was understandable, but satisfying to know that in time he will realise that he does have a place with the rest of them, and that the Comte and his wife had included him as a son.

A very enjoyable AU to your original story!
The Crazed Artist chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Ugh, I have to admit I sniffled at Raoul's last line of dialogue.

When I finished reading imaginary friends the first time, I did wonder what would happen if Raoul insisted and had Erik come home with him; so this was a nice treat to read. :)

Definitely sweet, and definitely sad.

Hoping to see more in the future.

-The Crazed Artist
Mallie chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
This was sad but also very sweet. I like that the entire family had accepted Erik and I very much hope Phillipe will be able to convince him to stay not only for Raoul's sake but for everyone's.
PHLover213 chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
You make E/R bearable. Seriously, usually, it's just an ick pairing for me. This, however, was simply adorable. I loved it. Well done.

Your obedient friend,

P.L.

(PS, No disrespect meant for the OTP! D: )