Reviews for Of Scarlet and Gold
habababa chapter 20 . 6/23
SHE WOULD THANK HER?! It's too perfect! Sorry for all this caps lock and rather useless reviews but it was beautiful. I'm still crying btw
habababa chapter 14 . 6/23
This one with Petunia...and then Molly! Amazing!
habababa chapter 12 . 6/23
OMG THIS FIRST ONE?! IT'S TOO MUCH!
habababa chapter 8 . 6/23
THIS IS ALL SO SAD! BUT THIS ONE JUST RUINED ME! Im crying and I can't stop! HOW TO STOP IT?!
2. That was beautiful. These 2 friends who have been through something terrible and need each other very much. It's also the kind of 'going out of my way because I'm so understanding' thing Hermione would do.
6. So interesting you call them 'children'- it's easy to forget that by this stage in the books. In-character that Harry would feel aged by it all. Also he 3 of them lying on their backs looking up a the stars inamongst all the fear and uncertainty was a lovely image.
7. This was brilliant. I especially liked "Perhaps it was because she'd alays been good at answering questions"- so true. Hermione always has to have an answer but this was the only time she really needed to, the only time it really mattered. I also loved 'words bumped around in her head' 'Ron and Harry being ripped away from her' and 'love that she always thought she was imagining twisting up Ron's face'- really interesting metaphors. And Hermione's belief that she's going to die and awareness of how sad that is was heartbreaking.
bikelock28 chapter 9 . 1/3
1 took me a while to work out the meaning, which I think was an ambiguity and lack of intro you were aiming for. I smlied at "when Hermione picked up a bag Ron automatically flinched" ;)
2- classic Dumbledore; love, wisdom, always seeing what's really there, always believing in Harry and his mates, always downplaying his own importance.
5- everyone whose ever fallen in love with a mate has had that moment. It's sad that it is forgotten, but so many things are. We only saw bits of our heroes' time at Hogwarts and their relationships with each other, stuff like this was going on all the time
6- Trust Ron to tell is like it is :)
bikelock28 chapter 7 . 1/3
Gosh, that first one is so sad, so bleak, and it's before most of the events of Harry's story get going!
4 was a very nasty, interguing, evil piece. I liked how you showed the locket thinking before it is opened, storing up negatives about our heroes for when it is opened.
bikelock28 chapter 4 . 1/3
These are some of my favourites. 2 was just lovely, so gentle, beautiful and sad. 3 is totally in-character for both 11-yr-old Hermione and 18-yr-old Hermione. It's also not the sort of thing Harry would notice, so never made it into the books but is obviously going on at the time.
4- again, I love how you're not afraid to show the amazing love Harry and Hermione have for each other, how they protect each other and look after each other. This was a really interesting and mutedly tense moment between a romantic love and a platonic love. Also I liked how you didn't mention what Harry does, because it's probably nothing.
7 is one of my favourites ever. Obviously that moment would be total blind panic, but you still include things Hermione is noticing. I especially enjoyed "Perhaps it was because she'd always been good at answering questions"- what an ominous twisting of the personality trait we know so well. I liked "bumped around in her head", really showed the bewilderment and chaos of the situation. "Ripped away from her" was heartbreaking and "how ironic, how sad" was too, but exactly the sort of irony Hermione would notice.
You ability to show so much through such short snapshots is amazing!
bikelock28 chapter 3 . 11/11/2016
I like the randomness of these- some fluffy, some bitter.
1. I thought was a lovely H/Hr moment. It isn't pretty but it's true, and it's the sort of thing Harry, despite his love for his parents, Sirius, Dumbledore and most importantly Ron, would notice.
3. I always enjoy 8th-year scenes. Gdoo to see H, L and G hanging out together, and again how recovery from war isn't easy, even in that seemingly small way of Hermione not having her boys with her.
5. So sweet. I think you right H/Hr together really well. You're not afraid to show just how much those two people love each other.
6. On the bitter side of bittersweet but why wouldn't it be true? It's the sort of thing Hermione wouldn't say out loud but that she'd be aware of. There's no Romione without the Trio.
9. :'(
bikelock28 chapter 2 . 11/11/2016
Loved all of these.
2- the sweetness of the trio needing to be together, and Ginny's understanding- "it isn't a scared thing or a Ronthing" was both perceptive and in-character for a teenager, especially blunt Ginny.
3 as very taught, I liked how it showed that these survivors still have scars, their processing is melancholy.
4 I suppose was more of a point than a scene, but very well-written for that short, tense moment.
bikelock28 chapter 20 . 9/4/2016
Just read this whole story and adored it. I liked how the darkness and ugliness was present in all the characters, really made them human. You have the Harry/Hermione friendship down perfectly, those were some of my favourite sections. An all-round terrific work.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/23/2016
I'm trying to decide who is the bigger cunt: hermione or you for writing her that way. Maybe it's a tie.
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 20 . 5/23/2014
Loved this entire chapter! Is this complete or will you be adding more?
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 8 . 5/20/2014
Alzheimer's is such a sad disease why would you write this :(
FlubberyFlobberworms chapter 7 . 5/20/2014
Everything you write about Harry is so heartbreaking why