Reviews for I Feel Cleaner After The Rain
JenEvan chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the end of the whole story. It was very touching for Yata, to not only lend an ear, but also a hand, at the end; the brief silent reunion between Numata and his family nearly made me want to cry, but Kereelis just added a smile with his last sentence at the end :)
BundleofContradictions chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Yata and Numata bonding Actually bonding! That was sweet.

Numata always seems to wear his heart on his sleeve, so scenes of him crying and burning with anger are completely in character.

It's been a while since I read volume 10, but I remember feeling quite frustrated at the end. We didn't get Numata's late family's story! How exactly did they die? And how did they end up in concrete?

After reading this and contemplating it...I'm guessing the Yakuza killed them. Yakuza tend to own construction companies, so dropping a few bodies in the concrete of a building development makes sense...I wonder if the manga-ka will ever go back to Numata's story.

But I'd be happy if they give us *anything* on Karatsu! I haven't read vol. 11 yet, and only saw a glimpse of 12's cover, but character backgrounds don't seem to be in the coffers any time soon...

Fan rant aside, I loved your take on Numata's emotional roller coaster and his memories of his grandparents. He's lucky he had them!

His reluctance to hold another guy's hand was funny and on the mark.

Didn't get the Jedi funeral reference, which is really bothering me.

Thanks for the fic!
gumbycan chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
Lol nice job on the ending finally got it right. Similarly you understand my opinions on your story as well.

Now all we have to do is get someone who puts more effort into Makino or Sasaki when it comes to story telling. or even better a whole episode from the point of view of Kereellis.

That or a cross-over. A real weird and awkward one at that, no point being typical.

;)
evilbeckles chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
wow! very moving stuff. i dont know the characters very well but i got the gist of it and i really liked how descriptive you were.