Reviews for America Saves the Day and Other Lies
Sparkly moonlight chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
hehe I loved when America talked to China :D
Riluo Beijing Kirkland-Wang chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
I'm going to make a spin-off of this title for an unrelated story I'm writing on Quotev, just an fyi!
Lil Ms.Alice chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
I love your story!
Frances707 chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
I love this story very much! ´╝îMay I post it on this /lys707 ? I will attach your ID and the website along with the story. Thank you! Keep up the great work!
jsfirestar06 chapter 12 . 7/26/2014
that was sooooooooooooo well written. i like how it ended and the small friendship that has blowmed between Hong Kong and America :) so cute
speadee chapter 12 . 5/16/2014
forgot to mention I like the part where America and Hong Kong were saying that China and England need to work out their problems or they will only get worse. That further proves that they're both smart and know their loved ones well. Then Hong Kong knowing how to handle things. I was afraid that England would get mad at him for opening his desk.

Hong Kong calling the opium "pixie dust" was cute. I think that would be a typical term for a child to use. I really like his role in the whole thing.

I liked how you included Canada at the end, but he was still forgotten so I felt sorry for him.

How do you lock meeting rooms from the outside? I thought they can only be locked from the inside? What did America mean by "Vegas marriages"? I thought they were just weddings and marriages in Las Vegas. How would they be any different from marriages in other cities?

It's good that you didn't make France to be just some stupid flirt, Russia evil and only enjoying seeing others suffer, or China weak and helpless. I liked how you had the kung fu to prove it.

Now that France (or you) mentioned it, almost everyone England loved has declared war on him. I heard that throughout history, many English colonies had rebelled or wanted independence, starting with the America. It demonstrates that England wasn't nice to the colonies, at least in the real world. If England conquered lands by force, it makes sense. Hong Kong was an exception, as America pointed out. In the real world, Hong Kong prefers England over China because people don't like communism. China's siblings left him, too. As you described in the story, China and England have that one thing in common: raising younger siblings who rebelled and left because they were overprotective to the point of controlling and having trouble letting go.

I thought England forced opium onto China and didn't try to help him get over the addiction. Well, as I said, I'm a history idiot so I wouldn't know much about it. Or did you mean that England's government forced the opium onto China's people but the country characters were different? In "Hetalia," I the characters do not always agree or match their leaders or citizens, so it could mean that England went against his government and tried to help China. If so, you have done a good job showing that you can't use a person to portray a country.

You did well on the mysteries and surprises, and had me on an emotional roller coaster. While reading, I kept replaying Kayasushi's video for background music to strengthen the effect. I also kept referring to the video to match the scenes with the story. I'm glad things got settled in the end. At least they settled the story's main problem. I'm trying to figure out what America did to England for "calling him fat."
speadee chapter 8 . 5/16/2014
I was wondering if some of England's pirate crew had followed him when he went to meet China. I was thinking it was rude of them to go up and knock on China's door if they never met him. I didn't realize that it was a few days later until I read that they had been teaching each other their languages. Then I was trying to figure out America's sequence of conversations and destinations, and thinking it was impossible to make it in one day, especially with so much traveling. That's why I was surprised that America returned home, then went back to England to talk to Hong Kong.

You described well that France is a sexually-obsessed flirt but not a rapist. I'm really fed up with people falsely accusing France of being a rapist. Still, even just flirting can get on people's nerves, and I can understand China and England wanting to get rid of him. It is like France to get into romantic details and tangents while telling the story.

I didn't know France was involved in the Opium Wars. Well, "Hetalia" did show that China lost the Opium War against England and France, but after that, I kept hearing that only England was in the Opium War with China. I also thought China knew America, England, and France (and vice versa) before the Opium War.

So Japan betrayed China before the Opium War? I thought the Sino-Japanese War was after the Opium War.

Sorry, history idiot here. We didn't even learn about the Opium War in school. I guess you were trying to demonstrate that through America not knowing about it. I might have heard about the Opium War, but forgot until I watched "Hetalia."

I liked how you showed history usually being biased towards our own countries with China, England, and France telling their own versions of the story. They often make our own countries the "good guy" and those who oppose us the "bad guys."

I thought China was wearing his hair in a ponytail long before the Opium War. I remember he did in episodes of his earlier days. It's good you showed you countries are born, but I thought Hong Kong got the thick eyebrows after England took and cursed him.

I had a feeling China wouldn't take the voyage well. I started felt sick reading about it. Sorry, but I have severe motion sickness, and reading about it just reminded me of my bad travel experiences. At the same time, it means you did a good job in describing it. I would have been in a far worse condition if I had been on the voyage.

Once again, you showed that America is actually not stupid with all the things he figured out: Hong Kong having the answer, asking about the ring, etc. Then Hong Kong is smart as you described. He really pays attention and knows how to handle England.
speadee chapter 4 . 5/16/2014
I was watching Kayasushi's video, "Beautiful Dream," at YouTube, and she told us it was based on this fanfiction. Curious, I clicked on the link to it.

I like how you started the story with accurate descriptions of America. I agree that he is not really stupid. He is just straightforward, which can make others thing he's stupid, but he does think and know things. At least he cares about others and has good intentions. He does intervene and try to be the hero, and I like how you showed that his saying "I'm the hero" isn't just talk.

You portrayed Pirate England well: exploring and trying to conquer. Same with the language barrier. It is possible England mistook China's gender. The Asian countries in "Hetalia" look feminine. You showed his mistake and confusion well through his POV with the female pronouns.

Was France talking about a random girl he saw on the way to the meeting? It's just like him to talk about romance and relationships as well as fight with England. Then England and China denying feelings is typical, too. Actually, in the real world, China is more stoic and to himself. "Hetalia" made him nicer and more expressive.
IggyChu Forever chapter 5 . 2/25/2014
AWESOME. The feeeeellllssss! D: I love iggychu SO much
IggyChu Forever chapter 2 . 2/25/2014
I luv this pairing! It's my OTP! I've read this 3 times!
Nyroge chapter 8 . 2/21/2014
I LOVE THIS!
Angelazzy chapter 12 . 1/31/2014
WOW THAT WAS SO GOOD! You really captured the moments CX Such a beautiful story. Thank you for writing it! I'm definitely favouriting!
clmelody chapter 10 . 12/21/2013
Gosh..This is BEAUTIFUL!
Hayashi Mikako chapter 10 . 11/7/2013
OMG I LOVE THIS I LOVE THIS

(Technically, England declared war on China. However, it's probably true that everybody England has loved (bar HK) has been in a war with him.)

I LOVE THIS I CRIED AND LAUGHED SOME AND IT WAS SO AWESOME :)
Deidara4ever chapter 12 . 11/3/2013
Oh, God.. I'm.. I can feel the tears welling up.. O my god..
This story gets the highest score from me! 3