Reviews for Moments in Time
Pelahnar chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
I think he must've told Amy and Rory at some point. There were at least two points where they some a regeneration - first the Doctor, in the Impossible Astronaut, then River in Let's Kill Hitler - and neither time did they ask about it. Of course, that might've been because the first time they were grieving the Doctor and the second time they were shocked that their childhood friend turned out to be River and their daughter.

Still, I agree that he should've warned his friends about that. Downright mean of him not to - what if Rose had never been convinced? Or she could, conceivably, have gotten angry at him for not explaining earlier.

Anyway, I really like this! I look forward to reading more of these drabbles!
Pilcrow chapter 2 . 10/13/2011
I like these oneshots :D
Nitroglycerin chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Well, Sarah Jane DID get an explanation about regeneration before the 3rd became the 4th, albeit from a different Time Lord. Then a demonstration from that same Time Lord. And THEN saw the Doctor regenerate. So at least one companion was very well prepared. For what it's worth.

Other than that, the Doctor is 'getting on a bit' and seems to tend to lie about his age, so coming from a society where regeneration marks how long you've got left, it seems logical he wouldn't want to talk about it.

In general it seems like a rather unpleasant thing to think about. The 1st to 2nd transition indicates that regeneration normally comes after a good long while in a single body, from natural death. The Doctor's track record pretty much says his regeneration is going to come much sooner, and from something horrific and painful.

Just some thoughts on the matter. -
CaptainAlias chapter 2 . 10/8/2011
I like your style. The second chapter fits so perfectly that I can actually imagine the show writing it like that.
loneguppy chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I enjoyed reading that.

I like how it kept the fact of the Doctor's regeneration in suspense, right up to the very end. I never thought he would suffer mortally wounded from physical injuries, like hitting his head.

I also liked that the TARDIS is a she. It made so much sense.