Reviews for If Words
Out of the Orange chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Oh wow. This actually made me cry a little. It's perfect; I can't think of anything that would be better for changing it.

Shiharam really is tragic. One thing that impresses me about FE9-10, compared to the other FE games that have been released stateside is that it really shows you that war sucks for everybody all around, that you are in fact the bad guy if all you do is flip the perspective. There are so many good people you have to kill in these games, and unlike in the other games where you meet, say, three or four people you feel really bad about fighting - and the game makes a big deal of it - in FE 9 and 10 the enemy boss character of whatever level you're on has almost as much chance of being a perfectly nice and honorable person as they have of being an actual douchebag.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
I am slowly chipping away at the long list of stories alerts I have from you in my inbox, haha. And since my reviews were so lame last time, I'll make a bigger effort this time around XD.

Anyway, YES, Shiharam is amazing. Definitely one of my favourite "enemies", but I just love the whole Fizzart family anyway (including Haar by association, haha). The chapter where he sends Haar away was always heartbreaking and I wish we could have seen more of him in the game.

So I liked your take on the moments before his death. The little snippets from the past were nicely written and I especially liked the bit where he thinks on Jill (I liked this line, especially: "Jill, he thinks, and he feels the weight of an infant in his arms, and a tiny hand clutching his index finger.").

Also, the last flashback was super cute, I loved it. And that last line: "They'll be fine. He lets go." That really hit me. It was brilliant.

Other than that, some things I noticed:

"Nothing more than a child, then, the wound had festered and he'd needed medical treatment before the injury claimed his life." [That should be two sentences, since it flows funny otherwise]

"Shiharam refuses to abandon them, now." [I don't think the comma is necessary]

"he remembers saying, once, and laughter from years gone by echoes in his ears." [Again, I don't think that there needs to be a comma before 'once']

Anyway, that's all I really picked out, haha. Either way, very nicely done :). You definitely get Shiharam's character down very nicely. I will slowly get around to reviewing your other stuff. XD Slowly.
CharonicImpulse chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
The man is a genuine leader, one whom we idolize. The captain who looks after his men as if they were his children.

I can't recall the situation that preceeded Talrega, so I couldn't help but think as I read "Join Crimea! Take your men with you!".

Sorrow and resignation at his fate, a small smile for his last memory. Good night Captain.

IsanTheWizard chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Very inspiring, but very very inspiring

I loved it to say the least
ruumpleteazah chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Wow! A Shiharam story. I think its really great when people write about those little minor characters that only appear for 5 minutes of Por/RD and then die. I LOVE MINOR CHARACTERS! XD By the way, you did great on conveying Shiharam's feelings. I will keep reading your fics
R Amythest chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I liked it. Poignant and to the point. Full of emotion and sweetness in the moments coming up to Shiharam's end.
Xirysa chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Hoooboy. Where do I begin?

This was really well thought out. I especially liked the thoughts interspersed throughout the entire thing.

The last confrontation between Jill and Shiharam. AWWW.

I have to agree with you on the similarities with Eagler. Man. I want to write something like that, now. I blame you once more.