Reviews for The Book of John
Snooky chapter 7 . 2/19/2011
Love the last two chapters. Again, this story is fabulous. I wish more readers flocked to the B5 site, and left reviews. You deserve it.

Sheridan is not perfect. You show his faults while also his evolution.

And his meeting with Clark...appropriately chilling.
Danielle chapter 7 . 2/19/2011
Welcome back! I've been looking out for the continuation of this story. This is excellent stuff, I really felt that you've captured John's "voice", that was particularly evident in Chapter 7. I could hear a deep Sheridan voiceover as I was reading. Very good plotting - I've never read any B5 novels so I can't guess how much of John's background in your story may / may not be influenced by those but I know little of this detail was in the series / movies. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Nyt Yanse chapter 7 . 2/19/2011
This was a fascinating turn of events- while never hinted at in the series it would explain why Clark was OK with putting Sheridan on B5. The bit about his three wives was also a brilliant read.
Harrie chapter 6 . 2/18/2011
Great chapter.
Nyt Yanse chapter 6 . 2/18/2011
This is a very powerful chapter- the flashback of John in the StarFury was brilliantly written, very powerful.
snooky-9093 chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
Wow. He got into the academy because of a favor.

Love Maynard's speech to John. That was fantastic and a good lesson for all of us.
Nyt Yanse chapter 5 . 2/3/2011
You really pulled on some excellent background threads here- John's friction with his over-helpful father, his beliefs in the morality of the EA and a soldiers mind over orders. Also liked the mention of MacDougal. Plus this is the second time in a week I've read a story about Jack and John meeting for the first time. Your writing is brilliantly descriptive.
snooky-9093 chapter 3 . 1/28/2011
Hmmm. I'm not sure what happened here with the girl. Foreshadowing perhaps?
snooky-9093 chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
I just love John Sheridan...Sigh. Anyway

The orange showed up this early? Very apropos.
Harrie chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
I started reading this and some of it really hit home with me. My own mother had several miscarrages before I was born, the last nearly killing her. When she told my Dad that she was pregnant again he'd been upset and what he called a "Sign from God" told him that all would be alright (the sign being a tree in our backyard sprouting from a stump). Also, my Mom's name is Nancy.

The aide scenes make me think of the scene from the Mothman Prophecies where the nurse is talking to the main character fromt he door way. And you later discover that it was/may have been the Mothman.

Good start so far, I look forward to reading more of the story.
Nyt Yanse chapter 4 . 1/22/2011
I like the maturity John shows here, his closeness with his father is very touching. Can't wait for more!
Nyt Yanse chapter 3 . 1/11/2011
So far, so fantastic... It seems to fit somehow, and i love how you've got John as a normal, dumb kid making silly mistakes. It's reassuring, somehow ;)

I found the bit in the last part a little confusing- the way she spoke was amost like the Shadows... was that intentional? It certainly sounds interesting.

Can't wait for more!
Danielle chapter 3 . 1/10/2011
Keep going, I'm looking forward to reading more. This is very strong.
Danielle chapter 2 . 1/7/2011
Well...this is intriguing. And the tone of it is lovely. Humorous, warm and witty, and John's authorial voice feels very authentic. I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this. It feels like you've started writing an epic - an excellent start to a courageous project.