Reviews for Forbidden Muse
tpea1288 chapter 2 . 5/12
Ugh! Bella should know that if she wants another man, she shouldn't be engaged to another. Breaking up with Emmett needs to happen before she figures everything out, before she has someone lined up waiting in the wings. Being with Emmett while feeling as she does about Edward is wrong-no brainer-unless she cynically& selfishly wants to hold onto to him-while lying to him.

She may have confusing feelings but it is not confusing that she must break up with Emmett.

Esme is at the heart of her family's mess & dysfunction. She bears a great responsibility for her family's misery. Bella by accepting Emmett's engagement has made an unbreakable commitment to him? In what universe is this ever true? Engagements are the perfect time to discover whether a couple belong together. Breaking up is an act of grace & honor to avoid lying & divorce.

Esme's values, childrearing, marriage, resolving conflicts all suck & her kids have paid a deep price. Bella is her daughter-then she isn't! Esme endorses lying, vindictiveness, avoidance, exclusion-what awful family values!

No wonder her family's a mess! Esme should acknowledge her faults, apologize, stop judging & work to help her family heal!

Edward should refuse contact until she does.
tpea1288 chapter 5 . 5/11
Wow! I wouldn't be willing to let my parents criticize or exclude Bella. If they want to disapprove of cheating, they should exclude Edward too. Presumably they disapprove of violence against women, so they have to exclude Emmett.

Did Esme want Bella to marry Emmett in a doomed, loveless marriage? Really? She should be thanking Bella for breaking it off with Emmett & sparing him a divorce.

How did Bella hurt Emmett? Because she didn't love him? Because she didn't break up with him earlier? In that case, Emmett is equally culpable.

Because she fell in love?
Because she cheated on him with a man Emmett chooses to hate? Because it was his brother? She's not responsible for that.

Her sole mistake was not informing Emmett at once that they were through because she didn't love him. After that, she & Edward should be free & clear & accepted & welcomed by all.
tpea1288 chapter 4 . 5/11
Yikes! Emmett is violent & vindictive. What a nasty piece of work he is! Esme & Carlisle should be ashamed!

But Bella should have broken up with Emmett by phone, text or legal server if he was "too busy" to meet. She should have done it first thing.

But now she should report him to the police! He needs anger management counseling.
luvyateamedward chapter 5 . 11/4/2016
Wow! I'm glad you decided to extend it. Loved it and your writing! Thanks for sharing!
luvyateamedward chapter 2 . 11/4/2016
Wow! Great chapter!
luvyateamedward chapter 1 . 11/4/2016
Crazy! I'm loving this already but was tense like they were at the end. What will happen next! Great writing!
b3j02 chapter 5 . 6/24/2015
I am glad Edward and Bella got their happy ending! I hope the family stuff works out for them. I know how much Bella valued her relationship with Esme and I felt horrible for her that she lost it. I hope they get it back to rights. I hope all of their relationships heal. That would make an awesome continuation to see how they all end up.
b3j02 chapter 4 . 6/23/2015
I am officially scared. I have gingerly been reading this story and not devouring it like your others for fear of a nonhea kind of ending. On I go though.
b3j02 chapter 3 . 6/23/2015
Oh how ominous! I enjoyed her time with Edward and their connection.
b3j02 chapter 2 . 6/20/2015
Yeah I am nervous about this one so it has been super slow going.

Esme surprised me with her knowledge of the feelings they shared. She is a great mom.
b3j02 chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
Oh man! I hope Esme makes it through. I just read a story last week that charlie died of cancer and I cried and cried. I also am interested to see how this will end up a HEA. Great background!
WiltshireGlo chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
Perfect ending. I really loved Edward and Bella, but was so frustrated by them being made scapegoats by Emmett and Esme. If Emmett hadn't avoided her and had been honest, she and Edward would have been free to see where it took them. Instead Emmett was taken in by his parents and Edward and Bella were social pariahs. But their love proved true and strong. A great story. (btw I think your characters behaved exactly as they would, it's their behaviour I'm cross with, not your writing...characters just don't behav how we want them to, just like RL family!).

Thanks for posting, I really enjoyed it.
WiltshireGlo chapter 4 . 9/1/2012
Yeah...what a charmless man...and Esme? She knows that Bella and Emmett aren't suited and that Emmett uses Bella as arm candy and doesnt know her and yet she has the audacity to blame Edward and Bella instead of encouraging Emmett to behave better. Yes, they handled it badly, she can be disappointed but if she can say that to Edward and Bella why didn't she feel the necessity to intervene with Emmett's bad behaviour? Grrr!
WiltshireGlo chapter 3 . 9/1/2012
What did she see in Emmett? He must have really pulled out all the charms to get her to dare him. Is he gay, or seeing someone else who's 'unsuitable' in his world?
WiltshireGlo chapter 2 . 9/1/2012