Reviews for Cavalcade of Tragedies
Guest chapter 1 . 6/20/2014
You made me on the edge of tears with one sentence, good job, I really liked it.
ShinigamiReiko chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
That was amazing
fireeternal13 chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT OVE IT LOVE IT
Guest chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
They are a tragedy! Gah! Gah and Gah! This was so perfectly written. I can't even begin to start on a review because I am all in feels at the moment
Celeste45 chapter 1 . 10/1/2012
This is the first James/Rose that I have read. I especially like the way Rose denounces Romeo and Juliet as the greatest tragedy. That was amusing.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I don't know why I don't find this ship weird. I actually love this ship a lot and its sad that there aren't many stories on them around. You did a beautiful job capturing them, wish it weren't so tragic
Lavinia Swire chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Gosh, I love this story. I just adore everything about it, the pairing and the book references and your absolutely stunning writing and gaaah, it's utterly perfect. I could read it all day!

*favourites a million times over*
the truth is hard to swallow chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
awwww, i like this. and james and rose have wonderful points and would probably be wonderful if they weren't related. maybe regardless of that. i don't even know. xD but very good job, love!
sydneysages chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Hi again, Ellie!

I liked this fic; it was short and sweeet, more direct and to the point than the Mollysander was. I liked the way that james was arguing with Ginny about love, and the way that he mentioned about just how hypocritical they were, though it almost seemed as though the writing style changed; after a few paragraphs, it seemed...i don't know, different.

That could just be me, though. :)

It was an interesting concept & I thought it.../intriguing/ that you had James muggle-referencing quite so much.

Nice piece!

Vicky xx
Soaring Pandas chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Your writing is AMAZING! I am not really in favour of cousin paring but i really like your writing so ill let it slide! Hey can you write something like this for Rose and Scorpius? They are my favourite paring. It'll be graet if you can
nNOPE NO PE NOE P EPN OPE chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Firstly: OH MY GOD YOU WROTE A JAMESIIROSE AND THEY'RE MY FAVORITE COUSINCEST PAIRING WHAT OH LORD.

Secondly: Lolita. Lolita Lolita Lolita. I love that book so much, I don't even think you understand. I could rant for days about that book, and you mentioning it just made me so happy.

Thirdly: THIS PART - /"Do you think we're a tragedy?" he dares to say eventually, and he's not even sure why he's said it and the minute it's out he wishes it back in, right back in, and buried far too deep down to ever be found. He's so mortified he doesn't even dare speak, merely sits there in terror, waiting for her rejection.

She doesn't meet his gaze for a long time, and all he hears is the clock ticking on the wall and the coffee machine groaning away behind her and the harsh rise and fall of his own breathing.

But, suddenly, hoursdaysweeks later, her blueblue eyes snap up to meet his and all of a sudden she's looming towards him and kissing him hungrily, desperately and fiercely, and he doesn't know what to do with himself.

It's over before it's even begun, really.

"Yes," Rose breathes wearily as she parts from him. "I think we'd probably count as a tragedy."/

I think that's the best snippet I've ever read on this site, ever. It just describes the relationship ohsoperfectly.

Fourthly: I might be a tad of a fangirl, I'm not going to lie. I'm just sorting through your fics and reading/reviewing those that catch my eye.

Fifthly: You are amazing, and never ever ever quit writing. C:
ravenclawfever chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
This was lovely. I have, one too many times, read fics and seen television shows that have these beautiful romances between family members. Like the aforementioned, your story has completely made me forget that they were even related, and that they just deserve to be together. Not to mention, you have a gift for writing!x
vii-de-grenier chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Loved it despite the weird (but no less beautiful) pairing (:
kingslayers chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
Ellie.

This. Is. A(I)MY-ZHIE-ING!

Seriously.

I mean, this is my absolute FAVOURITE cousincest pairing.. It's just my favourite pairing for Rose when she isn't with Scorp P

I love this pairing, and this fic was an amazing tribute too it.

Seriously, Ellie, this was not crap. It was PERFECT.

Jane x
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 2/24/2011
Ellie, Ellie, Ellie. ELLIE.

My heart was in my throat the entire time I was reading this and then I got to the a/n and you called this crap and REALLY? Because it is the opposite of crap. I apologise that I hadn't read it yet - I still sort of shy away from the cousincest, despite the recent focus on cousincest fics in the next-gen fandom, but today I'm procrastinating on essays like whoa so I found myself on your page and started reading this one and...well, I might not be writing any cousincest fics in the near future, but you've certainly made me love reading them.

Okay, I'm just going to go with a list of favourite parts because if I don't I'll just babble on and also I really like procrastinating.

1. Your prettily worded rant about love/humanity. It's such a fantastic view into James's mind and such a realistic depiction on how humans' minds work and this line: "It's a shame, really, because it makes them terribly hypocritical" is a brilliant way of summing up the whole thing and I love it.

2. The plot of Maria Parkinson marrying her cousin and Ginny being horrible about it and James defending her and disapparating to Rose is a brilliant way of introducing the topic and everything.

3. "...she's always been his magnetic north." Gorgeous imagery.

4. I love their argument about literature. So much. I especially love that Rose hates Romeo and Juliet because I completely agree. And the bit about His Dark Materials? Perfection. I love Lyra and Will and I adore how you've included that in here.

5. "Yes," Rose breathes wearily as she parts from him. "I think we'd probably count as a tragedy." BRILLIANT. And heartbreaking. But lovely.

Yeah, so I loved it. The end.