Reviews for A Voiceless Plea
guest X chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
the story followed the scene correctly. I can see adrian thinking these thoughts in the scene. I thought it was good.
Vee22 chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
Nice one-shot! I haven't seen the episode that this story was inspired by but I think I'll have to now.

You've captured Monk and his germophobic self perfectly. Would love to see more from you in this fandom.
SpaceCadet47 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
WOW! If this was only your first attempt at Monk, I can't wait to see what you come up with next...(hint, hint, no pressure)

You captured the characters and the relationship between Adrian and Natalie wonderfully. Adrian is practically on his deathbed, yet he's worrying if Natalie washed her hands. Very funny. Awesome story complete with suspense and humor.

Thanks for sharing,

SpaceCadet
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
You really captured Monk in the description of his thoughts as he lay helpless, awaiting death. And yes, I can just see him worrying about whether or not Natalie had washed her hands after leaving a restaurant, even in his dire situation!

Monk's mannerisms made him annoying as hell, but there was something about him that inspired a loyal viewership, and I think it's the same thing that made him close friends with Natalie, the Captain and Randy. You couldn't help but love the guy...

I really enjoyed reading about what went on in Monk's head. I would love to read more Monk stories by you.
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
If Monk is truly a germaphobe as you said, it's funny that he was thinking about Natalie washing his hands while he's on his deathbed. Some habits are very hard to shake. What significance does "Bread and butter" hold for Monk and Trudy? A very touching story of friendship. :)
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I like how you relate the ticking of the clock to being like the footfalls of the Reaper. Poor Monk! What a horrible situation to be in!

And of all things, he’s worried about throwing up. Though I might be would too, both because I’d hate to die with something as filthy as vomit everywhere and because it’s so unpleasant to retch.

His thoughts about Trudy and not being able to solve her murder are heartbreaking.

LOL, worrying about Natalie washing her hands.

His panic and desperation as he tries to wordlessly communicate his problem is heart-wrenching. You really did an amazing job with this. I feel like I’m watching the scene, though I’ve never seen it, and seeing it through Monk’s eyes.

The part where Natalie comes rushing in and saves him is depicted wonderfully. I love that Trudy has been there too, and that Monk senses her presence and even hears her. And the very ending lines are lovely. Friendship squee is a joyous thing to read.

It's an excellent freshman story for you in the Monk fandom. I think Monk is perfectly in character.
The Duelist's Heiress chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
I loved this. Do you by chance know what season that episode is from? I don't think I've seen that one.

Anyway, great job.