Reviews for Perchance to Scheme
WillWrite4Fics chapter 5 . 12/20/2014
I'm fairly certain you found a lost episode here. I could definitely picture the entire thing, and I'd even watch Crittendon in order to get to see the overly-hammed up acting from the rest of the Heroes.
Most excellent. *insert polite applause*
Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2014
"I'm pretty sure that Hamlet and Laertes don't rise from the dead to bring up old missions," Kinch deadpanned.

HA! Best line so far! I had to comment before reading on!
seth 8627 chapter 2 . 5/23/2013
I must say, Klink would be a very convincing Bottom
SnookyVery chapter 5 . 1/18/2012
This should have been an episode: what a hoot! And very original.

Sue
Zarz chapter 5 . 4/2/2011
By the end of this I was shaking with laughter. Great work! I love the poor Heroes' travails with Crittendon, and I can just see everything playing out as you describe. I hope they all get all the chocolate and coffee they desire. Wonderful!
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 5 . 3/31/2011
Well done! This was one of the most hilarious, and definitely one of the most literate stories ever to be featured on the Hogan's Heroes site. I loved every line, and I'm not a fan of Shakespeare!

I loved the image of Newkirk and Carter carrying their duel into the audience. And of course the sly, yet understated reference to "Family Feud" was much appreciated.

But say what you want, despite their loss of dignity and the affront to the works of the Immortal Bard, I suspect The Mighty Hogan Art Players secretly enjoyed following Crittendon's lead on this one!

Amazing what a little schnapps can do...

Thanks for the fun!
Deana chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
ROTFLOL! "Well, Guv," Newkirk said. "Survey said… we were a ruddy 'it."

'Survey said'...great little tidbit to stick in there, LOL! Hilarious ending! ;)
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
I laughed throughout the play! What a carnival! I don't know what's funnier, Newkirk's rendition of Hamlet's monologue or his Family Feud's reference "survey says-"

Hamlet a tragicomedy, indeed it is. Those poor guys must have been exhausted in the end. Well done!
Kirarakim chapter 5 . 3/30/2011
Well comedy might be more of a challenge for you but you pulled it off marvelously.

My only regret is I could not actually see the play performed. This would have made a terrifically fun episode.

On another note love how the minor characters all got a mention. Wonderful job! :)
Canadian Hogan's Fan chapter 4 . 2/23/2011
Oh boy, Crittendon's his usual handful isn't he? Your characterization of him is right on.

I love your descriptions and the humour you put into them. You've really put the feeling of the show into your story.

Can't wait to see how this one's going to turn out!
Nitestalker chapter 4 . 2/22/2011
lol! I can just imagine it. That must have been a sight. Thanks.
Bits And Pieces chapter 4 . 2/22/2011
ROTFL! I can see this being a spectacular disaster...or, maybe in his condition, Crittendon will be a spectacular hit? In either case, I wish I was there to see it! LOL Loved the scene with Newkirk and Langenscheidt; I could really picture it. Hope everything turns out all right; can't wait to see what happens!
Kirarakim chapter 4 . 2/21/2011
Oh My LOL! Well unexpected things can happen to even the best laid plans especially when Crittendon is involved.

Short Frenchman's even shorter temper describes Lebeau perfectly and I really enjoyed the scenes with Langenscheidt.
Sierra Sutherwinds chapter 4 . 2/20/2011
Norporal Cewkirk LOL! That's so funny! They're going to need help in higher powers to pull through this with Crittendon dead drunk.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 4 . 2/20/2011
Oh, too much fun!

Schultz's minimalistic ghost!

"The short Frenchman's even shorter temper" - I've never heard LeBeau's irascibility described quite that way, but how well put!

Langenscheidt's deep breathing exercises to calm Newkirk down - and then he tells him to break a leg...in German! (Poor Langenscheidt - too bad he's going to miss the show.)

And then of course, Crittendon getting loaded on the contents of Newkirk's canteen...it was inevitable.