Reviews for All In A Day's Work
Hope06 chapter 1 . 1/13/2011
I agreee the episode was absolutly amazing it was so NY and Eddie did indeed do an amazing job

as for you oneshot loved it so in character and it is os true what job is better then one that not only you enjoy but get to be an work with those you care about the most.

loved the banter between Flack and Lindsay and then danny and Flack priceless and so in character
afrozenheart412 chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
I'm so sorry this is late, the site was all funky again! Wasn't showing anything beyond the third of this month.

I can totally see Danny wiping anything on his jeans, a very guy think to do. But I can see how Lindsay wouldn't want him to ruin his favorite pair, and we ALL know how cute and sexy Danny is when he is in Daddy mode. It makes you want to jump him.

My favorite part, or one of them, has to be his conversation starters. At least Lindsay has proof that he does listen to her, even if he isn't aware of where he got the information, he does listen. LOL! I LOVE the beginning where she is thinking that her smile should have worked on Mac, I think she needs to add to her game plan with widening her eyes a bit more. That usually catches them off guard. LMAO, at the image of her watching Adam deal with that guy from the Registry, still one of the funniest moments ever!

"So, question for you." Danny smirked as he worked away in sync to Lindsay. "What do bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, and laser printers all have in common?"

"They were all invented by women." Lindsay replied without missing a beat, nor looking up from her work.

"Damn," he sighed, "You knew that?"

"I told you that," she giggled. "Last night."

"Oh. Oh crap, you did... so am I right in thinking you also told me-"

"That when you sneeze some of your brain cells die?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "Well there go my two conversation starters."

Licking her lips, she paused with her evidence for a moment and turned to look at him. "And where would you have taken that if I hadn't known?"

"Um..." His puzzled face told her everything she needed to know.

"You're cute," she giggled."

"BOOM!" She squealed in excitement. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she cried, kissing his cheek after every time she squealed her thanks.

"Babe, I didn't do anything. I just sat here, giving you someone to talk to. You did the hard work. I just-" he was cut short by his cell phone's shrill ring. "Flack." He said as a way of explaining. "Gotta go, I'll catch you later?"

"We'll have a late lunch," she promised as she gathered up the iPad to go and show Jo her findings. Jumping off her stool she pressed a kiss to his cheek before scurrying off. "Love you!" she threw over her shoulder.

"Love you too," he replied, quietly, so much so, he figured she'd missed it. He looked down to the goofy picture of Flack, indicating he was still waiting for him to answer the phone. Deciding he'd made him wait long enough, he answered. "You got somethin'?"

"Yeah, after you're done playin' kissy face meet in the parkin' lot."

"Kissy face," Danny laughed as he tucked his stool under the table. "It's kiss my ass to you... I save all my kissy facin' for Montana."

"I think I liked you better when you weren't Lucy's Dad. You make me cringe, Danny. You know that? Cringe!"

"I'll see you in a few minutes you clown."

"Cute Danny, that's real cute."

Smirking, Danny hung up the phone. As he made his way down the hallway he let out a contented sigh. He was one hell of a lucky guy because he knew for a fact that there weren't many jobs that would give him the opportunity to work with his wife and his best friend day in, day out... and as frustrating as it could be sometimes, he wouldn't change the way things were for anything in the world.

It was all in a day's work."

It was an AMAZING EPISODE! Don is the man and I love how his character was expanded in it. Not to mention we got to see him in a suit! AH! But I would have cut the DL scene, it wasn't necessary. Would've rather had a scene when Danny was hurt and her asking if he was okay, that would have been better. :)
saderia chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Another cute story. I love it.

saderia
brendanakai chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Hi "Post-ep oneshot" welcome back ;P didn't expect there'd be such a great D/L after the new year :) like of ur ideas of using Lindsay POV for this one.
Juliab chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
I loved it. Sometimes it isn't easy to work with your spouse. I really liked last nights episode, you added to it very nicely.
cklovesm-m chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
love it! as usual!

my favorite...well it's kinda all my favorite, but i loved...

"Blake, not now, Danny will be back any minute." She teased as her hands covered his.

hahaha

&danny and lindsay playing kissy face :) we should see more of that on the tv!
jennifer32485 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Awesome oneshot Laura. Loved it :)
FoxPhile chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Oh, tres cute, tres cute!

As usual, you blow us away. Just a lovely little character study piece. And banter-full! Loved the conversations with Flack - both Lindsay's (Flack can be such a nudge!) and Danny's (and Flack IS a clown!).

Loved the snot conversation, too. I think only another woman would truly get why seeing your child's father wipe snot on his jeans would be hot. In a world where too many fathers aren't fathers, knowing that your child has a real father would make most women weak in the knees.

And I agree, that was probably the best ep so far this season.
hay chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
love it! not only due i look forward to friday for a new episode bt saturday for your stories(:
Aveo amacus chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
*Squee*

so cute, *cannot* wait to see this episode! (which won't be too long now as we're starting the season today!) If Laura's happy with this episode then Aveo can't wait!

Love this fic too, I love it when the two of them work (cases) together and stuff; I've been watching Old Skool DL recently (just got S2 for christmas). The line where Lindsay's thinking about how she loves working with Danny was great, made me smile more than I already was

Aveo
MesserFamilyFan100 chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
That was great
Umm chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
D'AWWW!

Dis was sooooo cute! Anna was so amazing tonight and I gotta say I love when you write from lindsay's perspective ;)

Who knew snot could be so sexy? :P

Oh Haley wants to meet up with Danny to discuss how to deal with clownophobia :P