Reviews for Elective Affinities
moedango chapter 1 . 2/6
please update. You can do it
SilentSnowLeopardNinja chapter 1 . 12/28/2018
Not sure I can finish this, it feels tragic already. Can Harry even pass as a native speaking German? Also how can Snape fall for such a piss poor deal? The guy already failed to withhold his end of an agreement, he renigged on a promise rendering his word if not useless than at least untrustworthy and does not even offer compensation. No, instead he demands that Snape take up a long term "mission" for him to appease his undeserved paranoia about a new kid that is sure to be fairly demanding/tiring with a promise of something vague in return at an indeterminate time as a deal. He's full of shit and I'm sad Snape doesn't see it.
LadyReilaofTeal chapter 9 . 7/22/2018
I love the way that you've written the characters. They seem so realistic and fit with the rest of the story. The way each personality reacts to the events that occur is well worded. I like the dynamic between Snape and Kuhn, as well as the other people that appear.
blaqfiniks chapter 9 . 7/5/2018
I loved Dius Corvus works... but I actually think YOUR story has more potential, simply for the fact that your characters feel more alive for me, and Khun has more canon-like air then Frost (Johnatan was kinda creepy and all too poweful at times but Adrian is more aproachible and doesn't stand out except briefly when loosing temper).
Therefore, it's really a pity it has not been updated for 7 years already. It's marvelous and I really enjoyed it so far...
Please come back..?
Lila Dunmare chapter 9 . 1/12/2018
Quite a shame that this is not updated anymore...
ZazzyLele chapter 9 . 1/7/2018
This story is so great! I love how you kept Severus so in-character (rare and difficoult thing to do) and I wish you'll come back to write more!
CrimsonMyriad chapter 9 . 11/18/2017
The only Harry/Snape fanfic I've been able to stomach thus far, even though it's unfinished and hardly got romantic yet. But actually, what I most love about this fic is the subtle political undertones and also the in depth exploration of Severus's genius. I just wished this fic had been finished and also gave a blinking explanation for what Harry was doing in the past! One of my favourite fanfics read thus far.
baobabB612 chapter 9 . 10/13/2017
Very interesting, I like your characters. They seem mostly canon except for Lily (but that could be because second-hand info on Lily is biaised), I appreciate that. I hope the story is not abandoned.
Guest chapter 2 . 9/15/2017
Loving it do far, but a minor piqué: "Yet this is child's play, he thinks with a pang. Annotating the school curriculum is amusing, certainly, but hardly a real challenge, hardly what Snape would call cutting-edge science"

Should be technology if not magi-technology or potions technology, certainly NOT science.
DirtyPuzzle chapter 6 . 9/6/2017
I like HOW you write, but I don't really like what it's about. I don't like the characterization of Kuhn that much because it feels very... I don't know, naive. I mean, I understand Harry is somewhat like that in canon, but I'm getting the feeling this is post-DH. Remembering taking a Killing Curse? That's post-DH or an AU of it. He shouldn't be that naive to Slytherins at this point, nor should he not have learned other spells. Only stunning and disarming? I don't know, it's just... underwhelming, I guess.

Also, the potions theory. It's kind of grating on my nerves. So they know about atoms, element density, atomic mass and atomic number, but they treat a simple replacement reaction like it's actual magic? AB C AC B is simple sophomore chemistry. For that matter, even by the 1990s scientists knew why these reactions happened. It wouldn't take long to find a reactivity series for anions and cations and figure out why aqueous solutions always replace with pure elements to form a different aqueous solution and pure element.

That and the whole battery thing from the last chapter. Um... why does Snape need to make a battery? It would just be easier to buy one? If he can make one that works in Hogwarts, a regular one should also work? There are easier ways to electrocute yourself? And how stupid do you need to be to purposefully ELECTROCUTE yourself?! Does he know anything of voltage or amperage or hertz? Not to mention common sense dictates not to EXPERIMENT ON YOURSELF WITH UNTESTED POTIONS. I don't know, it just seems really OOC for Snape to do this without full knowledge of what he's doing. And he obviously has no problems with using Muggle discoveries, so why not go full out?

And the fire, water, air, earth thing? I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but it felt like you were referring to the four forces of the universe: strong nuclear force, weak nuclear force, electromagnetism, and gravity. I can't be sure, but that's what it sounds like. Oh, and if you're implying that potions and transfiguration adheres to at least some accepted laws of physics then you've opened up such a can of worms. So many plot holes.

I'm sorry for the harsh criticism, but I don't like being dishonest. I will look into your other works because, like I previously stated, I like your style of writing even if I don't care for this particular content.
nikolasowa chapter 9 . 8/16/2017
Please update! ! ! !
Euill chapter 9 . 6/11/2017
This is so wonderful and I am extremely sad it's been six years since it's been updated. Your portrayal of Severus is absolutely magnificent and it's been a pleasure to read this. If you ever get around to read this review - thank you so much for writing this. And I'm genuinely sad to see it not completed.
Sleepygirl55 chapter 9 . 2/22/2017
Oh man just found this and it is really really good. I could not stop reading it. Only to realize that it has been years since you have updated. Any hope for more?
Do Sanjana chapter 5 . 1/20/2017
story was good but m sorry it's just that both Harry and Sev( both with such strong personalityare so lame and pathetic that I got bored reading.
urworshipfulness chapter 6 . 1/5/2017
Ugh. Lily is so annoying in this story. What a hypocrite.