Reviews for The Names We're Given
GlysMari chapter 11 . 3/29/2013
I liked Zevran's assessment of his companions, especially Morrigan. I especially liked the insertions of his poison mantra.
xauroragoddessx chapter 13 . 3/29/2013
This is a great story so far! I also think that the story has a nice flow to it and it is refreshing to read a Dragon Age story that doesn't have every little detail from the game. I think that the story just becomes a lot slower that way but you are doing very well though. Mei's personality is really good and realistic. I also like the fact that you aren't just jumping into the romance so fast. I look forward to the next chapter though. :)
GlysMari chapter 9 . 3/29/2013
"Zevran, in case you haven't noticed..." And from that point, I was hooked. I would have joined this group, if only to be able to follow and listen to them converse.
GlysMari chapter 5 . 3/28/2013
This story is recognizable enough to be comforting. The differences, however, are where the true depths lie. A tense chapter.
GlysMari chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
The way you combined numerous scenes into one situation and tweaked the conversations was unexpected, interesting and exciting. I like the detailed way you describe the actions and behaviors of the characters. I chortled at Morrigan's "Chantry milksop" reference towards Leliana and Alistair.
GlysMari chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
This is a good read. I like the way Hawke showed up and that she and Morrigan were acquainted.
Nocterayne chapter 12 . 11/27/2012
Laughed at your comment at the end of the chapter. Still loving this story, was happy to see an update. :)
Demkat chapter 11 . 10/17/2012
More Zev-viewpoint, neat! - Alistair doing his best impression of a meat-shield was amusing, and I liked your description of Zevran’s perspective on the oppressive, tense environment that is life in the Circle. I liked the mention of Mei’s thieving and Zevran’s annoyance with his limited lock skills as well. - With regards to the chapter’s end, I’m glad Mei got some revenge and closure. I’ll be interested to see if Zev queries her reasons at some stage, and if so, whether she chooses to tell him the story.
Kestrella chapter 11 . 10/11/2012
Wonderful as always! I love Mei's character and the way you've changed events to reflect what is essentially a new Origin story. Looking forward to #12! D
cbrstrshp chapter 10 . 9/2/2012
Can't wait for the next chapter!
Demkat chapter 10 . 8/18/2012
And Zevran continues to be his calculating and just plain awesome self. :) Liked the ‘poison summary’ and reading his view of the situation and Wynne. Clearly he hasn’t written off leaving yet; so I’ll be interested to see what event it is that will eventually make him decide throw his full lot in with the Warden, perhaps when he realizes she’s actually being honest with him (since he’s used to there being an ulterior aim to such things) about her motives? Nice to see he’s at least picked supporting Mei over Alistair at this stage. :) I love how you have been writing between his and Mei’s (and Morrigan’s) perspective of events and others, it’s really intriguing to get some insight into what they are thinking!

So Wynne has made her appearance and it looks like her eventual addition to the party promises to make the dynamics of the group even more interesting! :) And I think she is already shaping up to be very in character. Can’t wait to read more!

Demkat chapter 9 . 8/12/2012
This was a really informative chapter overall; I really enjoyed the detailed descriptive writing and dialogue! Zevran was very in character (endless charm and flirtation included) and I could picture him here in detail. :) I liked that she startled him (twice in one night even) with her attitude and frank assessment of the situation here and I enjoyed the suggestiveness in the last comment as well! :) Great start to a dynamic between these two! I also feel you do write Morrigan well and I look forward to more of her in the future! :)

So a bit more of her backstory has been revealed – poor Mei. :( I’ll be interested to see where you go with the Circle and whether you write Cullen as having a genuine ‘infatuation’ or something a bit darker (i.e.; stalker-ish) when he knew her from before in this story; if he knew about her relationship with Giselle I doubt it made him happy.

Looking forward to further updates! -

Demkat chapter 8 . 7/31/2012
Dear Dreamer In Silico,

Hello, I’m just writing to say how much I am enjoying your ‘The Names We’re Given’ story. I think it is excellent! I particularly enjoy your in-depth characterizations, which are fantastic; you’ve clearly put a lot of thought into them to give them so much complexity and life. And the descriptive writing and details into the events and surroundings have been great to read too. :) It’s a lovely piece of work; the story flows really well, and the slight variations to dialogue and events from the canon conversations, while still remaining close to the main adventure, stages and personalities in the game, is rather a refreshing angle. :) I saw your note and I’ve included a longer piece of feedback via PM for your story. :)

So anyway, great writing and wonderful story! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the events unfold and watching the development of the relationship between Zevran and Mei. - All the best, please continue soon!

Cheers, :)

Judy chapter 8 . 7/28/2012
Excellent story!
Guest chapter 7 . 6/29/2012
Thank you for continuing this! I love your writing and I cannot wait to see the Surana/Zevran relationship bloom. There just aren't enough fanfictions of them, and especially not enough good ones. Yours will fit the ranks. Keep going! 3