Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
ranma hibiki chapter 3 . 1/22/2011
well, thats one take on how gilderoy gets his storys and can somehow not feel guilty about it.

though now im curious as to what harrys new father will do once he starts at hogwarts

keep up the good work
yasuhei chapter 3 . 1/22/2011
So far I have quite enjoyed your fic. Gilderoy is usually a character who makes me seethe with anger, but you seem to have a way of writing him that makes him a delight to hear about. Thanks for sharing this story with us all.

I do have a couple of minor worries however. The first, and less important is that the first chapter made Gilderoy sound quite well known already, whereas it seems more likely that 11 years before his entrance into canon his fame would only be beginning to bloom.

Secondly, on the matter of 'the Wagga Wagga Werewolf': Wagga Wagga is a town in Australia. I have always thought it was the werewolf in/near wagga wagga. Having this story supposedly come from Armenia stuck out as being quite strange indeed.

Thanks again,

-yasuhei
DevonWheels chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
Holy crap. New Harry Potter story, and I'm already loving where this is going. (Even after only reading the first chapter.)
tatewaki2000 chapter 3 . 1/22/2011
Hmmmmmmmm...

mixed feelings bout this onee...

but oh so curiousss.. :)
phoenixsong11 chapter 3 . 1/21/2011
Ok i have read a lot of father/ son fics but Gilderoy lockhart? Seriously that is just amazing! I give you props for being able to write him so well. You really captured his pompous nature!
Lil' DeiDei chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
Happy (belated) birthday!
Reviewer of the West chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
Interesting story, but it might be nice if there was an obliviation in every chapter (you didn't have one in chapter two). Perhaps obliviating his agent?

In any case, I'm not sure how I buy the concept. Gilderoy is going through a lot of effort which will only pay off after a decade, and when he first made the decision he didn't even know about the cachè that Harry was going to have as the Boy-Who-Lived.
Jimm chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.
Soraya the All Speaker chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
HAPPY 'LATE' BIRTHDAY!

Love the bit at the end where Harry asks )
fairyprincesst chapter 3 . 1/20/2011
Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a great one! and Great chapter! Can't wait to see what is next.
zutarakid50 chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Lockheart DOES seem fun to write! Remnd me to try that ;) Harry's so inoccent here. Oh when will he learn? lol
Adeptis chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Good chapter.
Teufel1987 chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Oh you are so right, Gilderoy is an arsehole!

The best part is that he doesn't realise it!

You do have a good point about Sirius and Remus ... they really are Dumbledore's stooges ... it would be interesting how Harry would react to a completely free Sirius visiting him after all those hellish years at the Dursleys ... it would serve him right if Harry rejected/hated them because they couldn't be bothered to check in on him despite them being his father's best friends ... personally I think of canon Harry as a bit of a pussy ...

Anyway, lovely chapter ... It would be funny if this Harry were to try and Obliviate Voldemort ... though it remains to be seen if he would still be like Lockhart after he fights Voldemort ... meh, I guess he will be ...
Lthayer3 chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
Happy birthday!

Fun chapter, and a great name for it, too! I find it surprising that I haven't seen any other well done stories with a similar premise before this, as it works so well. I can't wait for more :)
inats92 chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
brilliant story. cant wait to see where you take it.
2,230 | « Prev Page 1 .. 128 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 148 .. Last Next »