Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
ilfreitas chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
Ah, I'm in love!

This is brilliant! Gilderoy, Harry and even Dumbledore's points of view were just perfect, I love the characterizationa and..how everything just happens to turn out so perfectly for everyone!

Gilderoy gets publicity, Harry doesn't have to live with his uncles, the Dursleys don't have to rasie Harry - even Sirius doesn't go to Azkaban! (about Sirius, is this going to have a bit of Sirius/Remus? I'm just curious xD)

I can't wait for the next chapter. I keep thinkig 'HArry will become friend with Draco...and he'll be a Slytherin.' xD
inats92 chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
love this chapter! cannot wait to see where Harry will be sorted.
Mystic 777 chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
(nods to self) Tenure, yep, That explains it. Such a simple and obvious answer I completely overlooked it. This story is very amusing, it is interesting to see what sort of character Harry has formed under Lockhart. Thanks for updating!
zoe the god chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
awesome.
jb238 chapter 5 . 2/10/2011
This is fun and refreshing to read!
StarGazingAtMidnight chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
good chap, i like how he met mionie and nev first, ;* xo
Thagguy chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
I really hope you don't go the usual route of Dumbledore-bashing in this fic. Even though Harry was safer with Lockhart before anyone knew who he was, now that Gilderoy has announced it to the world, Harry is in a great deal of danger. If anything, Dumbledore did a good thing, being slightly petty and telling Remus and Sirius Lockhart's address, as Harry now has an extra layer of protection against Quirrel, who I'm sure is doing other things now that he's not the first year DAtDA teacher.
Weasel Fu chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
I like that Harry is taking the practical view of the whole blood issue. It's nice to see him doing something other than the usual "champion for muggleborn" attitude he is mostly written with, and also avoiding the opposite "pureblood's first" attitude. Harry having a practical "whoever can help me the most" attitude is different and in fitting with his previously displayed character.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
All his faults aside, nobody can say Our Gil is not insightful. Hope they give the old-goat and dungeon-bat some nasty headache...
hjcallipygian chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
This is so hilarious. Lockhart's well-meaning advice is just so... Lockhart. Love scenes where he's mentoring.

I also love your explanation for why Binns is still the HoM professor. Tenure. Heh.
shenmi meiren chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
oh wow... how bizzare - i'm polish, and yet i never knew hedwig was for jadwiga the king/queen... huh. probably 'cause they didn't translate the name in the books

still - nice bit of trivia! ;]
Meneldur chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
Interesting. Not as much umor in this chapter, though there was a bit in the discussion of the houses. I especially like dth e'build character' bit - reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes.
Spoit0 chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
What neville's mum said? Did Sirius not being arrested change neville's parents status?
PSay chapter 6 . 2/10/2011
This is good. at least Harry didn't have to stay at the book signing all day. He did get some things done and he got to meet Neville and Hermione. I'm glad that Gilderoy wasn't there for those first meetings. I look forward to more of this story. pms
Gogolu chapter 6 . 2/10/2011