Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
Esfin chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
You're terrific! Made my day!

That and everything breaking the canon it's just fantastic!

Thank you a lot!
Hammerchuckery chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Definitely Ravenclaw or Slytherin. I'd prefer Ravenclaw, we need more Ravenclaw Harry. Also, gotta like the pragmatic Lockhearts.
Still Not Dead Yet chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
An interesting set up, I have to admit it is still odd to picture Gilderoy giving generally good advice.
Hammerchuckery chapter 4 . 2/9/2011
Gilderoy, one fine manipulator. I'd say Chaotic Neutral.
Hammerchuckery chapter 3 . 2/9/2011
I'm ashamed I've put your story in my to-do list that kept on growing! Argh! Well, moving onto the next chapter.
kitiem3000 chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Lockheart does seem to have some wisdom. More import at times then knowledge.
CeilingFan chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
ROFL. I don't think I've ever seen tenure as an explanation for Binns!
rianifitria chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
I think I like the Lockhart in this story much, much better than the canon!Lockhart. I especially like this chapter because while he can have a flash of cunning before, it was not until he briefly mentioned random trivia about Hedwig that made me realised 'Hell, yes, he's smart!' very worthy of Ravenclaw indeed. Am looking forward to Harry being in Ravenclaw and followed his father's footstep closely.

Neville thought was a little out of character, since he seemed to be a composed, knowledgeable and mature child instead of the nervous, stuttering wreck that he was when he was looking for his toad.

And nice touch, finally! Meeting a Hermione that does NOT go 'I've read you from the book!'. Very nice intro in which she's just another insecure child going to a new school instead of already firmly entrenched in the Wizarding books (I think having memorised all those books and thus know she's more knowledgeable than the rest of the student population is the thing that made her an annoying. bossy know-it-all in the opening scene). And this Hermione, who has not read those books yet, actually thinks Harry is just another kid like her. Very very nice and natural interaction.

Not looking forward to Sirius, Remus and Lockhart confrontation. Hopefully one of them, or all, realised that Dumbledore is an idiot. Telling people where Lockhart lived just to get back at him for raising Harry. What is (example) Remus is really a poly-juiced death eater? He just told them where Harry lived, for God's sake! And hopefully after this revelation, Lockhart and Harry moved and had a bad impression about Dumbledore (at least of him going senile).
Azamiko chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Interesting way of thinking.
Chasing chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Awesome, as usual ;D

But I did notice that Neville said 'mum' somewhere in his dialoge, which doesn't fit cuz of the whole Bellatrix deal. Do with it what you may! Great chap, besides!
LilC16 chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
I think you're doing a great job with Harry's relationship with his 'father'. I do have some things to complain about, but I think you'll address in the coming chapters so I'll wait and see.
Blacksword Zero chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Good chapter.
Thagguy chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
I noticed that Lockhart skirted the fact that Hedwig is also the Patron Saint of Orphaned Children.

Not the most exciting chapter, but a necessary one. An intelligent, competent Gilderoy is also flat scary in its implications. 'Course, Albus, Remus, and Sirius are probably going to make things... interesting for him in the next year.
gaul1 chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
good chapter, keep up the good work, byes
bhut chapter 6 . 2/9/2011
Hmm, interesting chapter. It was great meeting a confident Neville (well, relatively confident, but still miles ahead of the canon), a less-confident Hermione and a relatively well-adjusted Harry. The next seven years or so will be very interesting in Hogwarts, especially once Lord Voldemort will decide that he wants a piece of the action. Cannot wait and see what will happen next!
2,388 | « Prev Page 1 .. 129 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 149 .. Last Next »