Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
mjgh5000 chapter 38 . 1/8/2021
A rather touching end to a rather wonderful story. Your sense of humor resonated with me quite well, and I found myself giggling out loud at some of the conversations the first years had. I'm a little sad that I don't have any more chapters to read, but it was an enjoyable read throughout. Thank you for sharing!
TheLostArchivist chapter 25 . 1/7/2021
Bwahahaha! He's going to get everyone a pair of SOCKS!
Dumbledore will be so proud. And can I say how weird it is that his "greatest wish" now makes sense?
TheLostArchivist chapter 13 . 1/7/2021
I love this story!
Excellent level of thought and detail, and it's absolutely hilarious too.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 24 . 12/27/2020
So, not sure if you forgot or Gilderoy changed the story for his book (I actually think he wrote that he cured the werewolf in canon), but in your story at least the person who ‘cured’ the werewolf cast the animagus revealing spell rather than some obscure spell that Gilderoy forgot to get before obliviating the true hero. You had that spell restore the werewolf’s human mind, so while it may not be a completely common spell Remus used it to force Peter from his rat form and he’d probably like to know about it’s effect on a werewolf. It would probably go a ways toward getting Remus and Sirius on his side and he could give the information by way of saying it didn’t make the story because it didn’t seem dramatic enough. He could also explain that the obscure cure he forgot was a one shot spell that somehow removes the details about itself from the users mind after using it, maybe even add in a bit about how it only does that if it’s not fully mastered while being a bit sheepish about it. Heck, if he could make it believable enough he could even use that as explanation for why he’s not as good a wizard as his books make him out to be, just have him say that the miscast spell, while it still cured the werewolf, damaged his mind in some way.

Also, not for nothing, but Lily was Snape’s friend at first because he was the first magical she ever met and he was able to tell her about that aspect of herself while answering some questions she’d likely always wondered about before that. It also took a little while for Snape to go down a truly dark road, or at least for it to become obvious to Lily that he was, then I assume it was stubbornness and a belief she could change him that kept her by his side until their fifth year. Other than that, yeah, she must have been able to see the good in people.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 22 . 12/27/2020
It really is interesting that Harry doesn’t seem to quite like what his father does, but understands and accepts it all the same, your showing him there during his trip to get the werewolf story really helped there. You’ve also developed a fun take on the Slytherins, and I can well imagine the scene where Harry’s friends went to Dumbledore and the headmaster was thrilled by the whole thing, probably even thanking Snape for going so far overboard that students who normally avoid Dumbledore actually came to him for help. I do still think it’s a shame Gilderoy is so focused on telling a story that he leaves the helpful introductions on magic out, but mentioning that he set Hogwarts students a discount was a nice touch, and yeah, that was a while ago, but I didn’t think to comment on it then. Similarly, your ‘everyone should have a best friend and a rival they meet on their first train ride to Hogwarts’ rule is a lot of fun, but I love the setup that created between Hermione and Daphne the best, it just seems the perfect way to bypass the rule while using it in a different way from the other characters...though that does make me wonder just where Smith has been for a while now.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 10 . 12/25/2020
Okay, I already like this Draco a lot, and while I have liked him before I’ve also read hundreds of stories where he was the same little...I’ll just say twit, but many other words come to mind...anyway, in most stories he’s not very different to his canon form. Neville’s parents survival would’ve made for a very different childhood and his sort of friendship with Draco is great. Since I can’t remember reading this story so far I’ll assume I haven’t, which totally confuses me because i really like several Gilderoy focused stories and I know I’ve searched for them before, but oh well, more fun now right? Thanks for that by the way.
WolfbrotherTitan chapter 3 . 12/25/2020
Okay, I have to say that’s a really interesting justification for Gilderoy’s actions, and Harry even made it better by confirming for both of them that this guy at least really didnkt want the fame. Still, if Gilderoy was an even half decent guy he’d have asked for details about casting the spell, he could easily have framed the question as wanting to be sure he’d be safe if in his travels he was ever confronted by a werewolf. That would also further justify his book sales since, with that information included, it would actually be useful. Furthermore, like Gilderoy already thought, if someone else had a less impressive result it would only be to his good since most people would just assume that witch or wizard wasn’t as powerful as Gilderoy. There is one glaring problem that I expect to come up pretty soon though, that being the fact that once Harry is returned to wizarding Britain it will get out that Gilderoy kidnapped him.
petalssunwards chapter 38 . 12/3/2020
it was wonderful story to read! it was fun and cute and loved it so much!
deitarionSSokolow chapter 12 . 11/23/2020
Hmm. Dumbledore in this chapter was a little bit surprising. Up until that point, the story was painting a picture of a Wizarding society that's a little silly and a Dumbledore that sees too much good in people but, having Dumbledore approach Harry about Snape like this now has me wondering if you're painting him as comically senile... and that kind of humour wasn't something I saw any foreshadowing of before, given how well it could just be interpreted as a slightly "Wizard society is silly" interpretation of canon.
Twonky chapter 38 . 9/28/2020
I really enjoyed reading this. Sometimes stories that are humorous are just ridiculous, but this was just right. Thanks for writing it.
Tyrantalus chapter 38 . 9/19/2020
That was some good shit.
FireDragon484 chapter 11 . 9/18/2020
Lmaooooo I love how the entire Hogwarts staff has zero faith in Dumbledore
xfel chapter 38 . 9/15/2020
Well, that was a fun read! Some parts come off weird initially, but it grows on you.

Honorable mention on Blaise's stepfather confusion.
JPugs chapter 26 . 9/7/2020
Lol
JPugs chapter 25 . 9/7/2020
Dumbledore will be happy at least
3,089 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »