Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
Little Doctor chapter 38 . 9/5
This is very well-written. I love the "anti-hero" Lockhart and Harry's experience with him. Kudos!
jon reeve chapter 20 . 9/5
Refusing to feed...? lol

You can't make this stuff up... but you do!
jon reeve chapter 19 . 9/5
Well, she is a pug-faced little girl, who most times grows into a pug-faced bitch.
jon reeve chapter 14 . 9/5
lol, I don't mind re-reading this at all.

If someone doesn't find this funny, they can go sit on a pin for all we should care. Your premise isn't misleading at all. In fact I'm disappointed every time I check your profile for new HP fics and come up empty.
jon reeve chapter 13 . 9/5
Harry stifled a laugh. "What am I, a Hufflepuff?"
Daphne gasped in faux horror. "I would never accuse you of that! In fact, I'd be hesitant to even accuse an actual Hufflepuff of that."

Ok, I lied, these lines are too good.

I've gone back to my original theory the has some kind of limit on my read-fic c2, because there is no way I wouldn't have finished this story.
jon reeve chapter 12 . 9/5
Ok, no more copy-and-pasting. I might as well copy the whole chapter. I'm certain I've this before, but it's not on my list of read stories. Strange.
jon reeve chapter 11 . 9/5
All lol, in fact, the whole last section of this chapter.

"For the record, I'm glad you're in Slytherin," Draco told him cheerfully. "It really is the best house, you know, and our house colors will really bring out your eyes."

Harry refused to admit that he had already considered this.

"I'm certainly not going to see a side of him that I hadn't before and see some of myself or any random relatives of him that aren't his father in him. I'm not going to be drawn to his modesty, intelligence, kindness, or any other virtue you can think of," Snape declared passionately.

"Well, now I think you're just limiting yourself," Dumbledore complained.
jon reeve chapter 10 . 9/5
"Why is that hat singing?" Zacharias demanded. "Hats should not sing."
"I'm with you," Harry said with no small degree of surprise.
Zacharias glared at him. "It's a lovely and time-honored tradition, you heathen."

llol. I'm glad I don't have roommates anymore, so I don't have to hold in the laughs, giggles, snorts, chuckles, and guffaws.
jon reeve chapter 9 . 9/5
I forgot to mention eralier, but I think the fact that Lockhart actually raised Harry, and potty-trained him, entitles him to some leeway.

I like how Neville is a bit more... substantial? in this story. I get annoyed with a lot of the Nevilles in certain fics. He either stutters like Squirrel, or is more of a main character than Harry.

Underwear caught in the door? Did the occupants do that intentionally, or were they just going about it with wild abandon? Must have been a long summer.
jon reeve chapter 5 . 9/5
"I…obviously don't remember," Sirius declared. "That fiend."

I love how people character Sirius. Well, when it doesn't annoy me(So I'm like everyone else in the HP world). He ends up be right at least half the time.
RHJunior chapter 9 . 8/29
Since when is Neville a witty snarker?
RHJunior chapter 2 . 8/29
Dumbledore's excuses for taking Harry away are rubbish here. Regardless of extenuating circumstances, Sirius is Harry's LEGALLY NAMED GODFATHER. In fact people are named godparents precisely to PREPARE for extenuating circumstances! By denying his legal guardian access to Harry, Dumbledore is guilty of KIDNAPPING here. Even in canon he is guilty of this- there is a legal system, after all, for the disposition and placement of orphaned children, starting with the legal wishes of the deceased parents and a list of official measures after that. "Crazy old coot dumps baby on porch" doesn't even get on the list.
I'm in awe. I can't believe you wrote an antihero Lockhart. And he is actually pretty likable. This shouldn't be possible! I loved every word.
The characterization of Harry and Neville (and the little slytherins!) also deserve a shoutout, but seriously. Lockhart. He overshadows them all.
I can't believe I never read this one before! Judging from the first chapter, I'm in for a treat!
Noradin chapter 38 . 8/16
Well done, great storytelling and a good plot.
2,505 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »