Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
Iryelb chapter 38 . 1/4
This story is a great read, I really like how you managed to make Lockhart intelligent and sympathetic, rather than bumbling and annoying, while still staying true to the character's inner traits. The conversations between characters, and the increasing flippancy with which they reacted to each other, was also very enjoyable.
dragonfox123 chapter 1 . 12/31/2016
Awesome chapter and plot and amazing idea
NabikiB chapter 2 . 12/28/2016
Oh, it's believable. What's UNbelievable is Dumbledore leaving a baby OUTDOORS on a porch all night in NOVEMBER.
PythonAnon chapter 38 . 12/21/2016
This was a premise I have never seen before. It was an absolutely fantastic story. Thank you for writing it. You're a genius. :)
Guest chapter 21 . 11/7/2016
I love your Neville omg
Solarn chapter 7 . 11/3/2016
Okay, I've read up to chapter 7, and one thing just breaks my suspension of disbelief. When Lockhart or Harry tries to argue about how "safe" he would have been at the Dursleys', WHY DOES NOBODY TELL THEM ABOUT THE FUCKING BLOOD WARDS? First Dumbledore, then Sirius and Remus had the perfect retort to shut the smug git right up, and they just ignored it.
Alzo77 chapter 38 . 10/17/2016
Really good! Great read!
MadMalachi chapter 38 . 10/9/2016
This was a great read, and quite unlike anything else I have read on . Well done!
reddir chapter 38 . 9/17/2016
This was a fun story, and quite impressive that you were able to make Gilderoy a reasonable and even likable character.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Harry here. On the one hand he comes across as a perfectly natural character, easy to accept and understand. On the other...he seems a bit plain.

It all works nicely when I think of the focus being on Gilderoy. But it feels a bit weird that none of the students or 'main' characters is the story focus - not a complaint, just a subconscious thing I didn't know I had.
reddir chapter 30 . 9/17/2016
I'm liking 'Common-Sense-Gideroy' a lot here. Actually quite an acceptable character.
montanaatheart chapter 38 . 9/16/2016
You really managed to make me like an unlikeable character. I enjoyed it
AnnaAgatha chapter 38 . 9/15/2016
That was nice :) I like your Gilderoy Lockhart, you succeeded in making him sort of likeable, without actually changing him that much. He is still a morally grey character that lies and kidnaps a child - I like how untroubled Harry is by the fact that Gilderoy kidnapped him. To think that the whole war would have been prevented, if Lockhart had raised Harry instead of the Dursleys... Thanks for writing!
reddir chapter 27 . 9/10/2016
I like this reminiscence of his parents' years at Hogwarts, including what you have for the others with them.

I don't remember enough of the cannon, nor am I familiar enough with the extant fanfiction, to tell how much you made up - but I like how your Alice presents it.

The whole story is sweet, believable, and feels like a very natural narration by an older woman to her friend's son.
reddir chapter 15 . 9/9/2016
I like your version of Ron here. It seems to me you have taken every quality of his that others complain about or disparage and redeemed them - amusing and earnest rather than an ass (even if it gives Harry a headache).

I also like your making Neville sardonic and a good balance to Ron's...Ronishness.
reddir chapter 13 . 9/9/2016
Seems to me Zacharias is getting quite a good "Hogwarts rival experience" :) Looks like this Harry inadvertently hit upon an effective method to bother his rival.

I'm left a bit unclear as to whether Harry realizes this or just thinks its a way to avoid a pointless rivalry.
2,543 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »