Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
excessivelyperky chapter 35 . 12/20/2014
Lockhart has a lot going for his position-if he became a Muggleborn champion, a lot of people would be investigating him a great deal more thoroughly than they do now, and amazing things would rise to the surface, I expect. And Harry isn't quite ready to call the Aurors on his dear adopted father. He's learning that there are shades of gray, so to speak, far sooner than he did in canon.

But becoming a hero by opening the Chamber? Why not?
excessivelyperky chapter 34 . 12/14/2014
Ah, nothing like fear and terror to concentrate the mind in Muggle Studies (and Charity, nicely enough, did not mention the States where guns are legal, plentiful etc. with all the lovely problems that brings on for just the Muggles).

And Valentine's Day, otherwise known as State Sponsored Terrorism for Boys. Wait till Harry is visited by the Puberty Fairy-*then* he'll understand!
littlemissk19 chapter 38 . 12/13/2014
I really enjoyed reading this! It is awesome thanks for writing it :)
Ezmerelda chapter 38 . 12/7/2014
Lovely story! I like your subtle brand of humour and that you didn't ignore logic. After all, funny stories need to make sense, too. Good job on writing a Harry who actually reflects the changes in his early life. Too many people change Harry's early childhood, yet write him exactly the same way he is in the books. I enjoyed this story, thanks for writing! -"-
excessivelyperky chapter 33 . 12/4/2014
Harry is pretty close to the truth in one way about all those detentions with Snape; but he doesn't think about if his father knew Snape, and since it's obvious his mother married James Potter instead of Snape-well, puberty is still unmarked territory for him, but you'd think a second-year would clue him in sometime about how that might work.

And it's clear that the current crop of Slytherins are pretty cool with Moldywarts being dead.

That being said, the idea of a first year Dark Lord is pretty awesome.

And Draco having that particular book is um, scary.
excessivelyperky chapter 32 . 11/29/2014
At least Lockhart did his best to keep the children from killing themselves, or at least putting themselves in more trouble than they could handle (unlike a certain Headmaster, cough cough).

And Harry was smart enough not to take the lemon drop. Dumbledore will have to think of something else (you have to wonder what's in Trelawney's incense).

Very good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 11/22/2014
Well, at least the two of them actually had a plan besides 'rush in there and hope for the best'. I think Gilderoy covered himself reasonably well, and that the Face In the Back of the Turban is in for a very interesting night, all things considered.
Fast Frank chapter 19 . 11/21/2014
Very much liking the characterizations of Daphne and Pansy.
Fast Frank chapter 18 . 11/21/2014
Re AN: Aww, and I thought it was the one Winston Churchill wrote about in "The Story of the Malakand Field Force".
Fast Frank chapter 16 . 11/21/2014
Not thrilled with "under the radar" but I was able to make the mental contortion to accept that Wizarding Britain picked up the expression from the Muggles during WWII (aka the muggle involvement in Grindenwald's War).
Fast Frank chapter 8 . 11/21/2014
"Slytherin has its pratfalls, too." OK, was that a deliberate malapropism to make a point, or did you mean to write "pitfalls"?
Evil eleven year olds? Not so rare as Harry thinks. (comment, NOT a criticism)
It seems to me that "care packages" is not an expression that someone not raised in Muggle America would use.
Full-Paragon chapter 23 . 11/18/2014
You know, I don't know how I managed it, but I just now figured out all the changes in Neville were due to his parents being alive. It's probably because I'm very smrt.
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 11/12/2014
OMG, this way of getting through the traps makes so much more sense than the way they did it in the books. So this is what grownup thinking looks like!
sasha1213 chapter 4 . 11/11/2014
Come on, I don't believe a muggle pen is better than magical quills, the same goes for leaf paper vs parchment. Just saying. Thank you.
sasha1213 chapter 2 . 11/11/2014
It's all very good so fat, and for that thank you. But wtf is with Wormtail and muggle(!) surgery? It's not even likely he knows such thing exists. Anyway, just a rhetorical question. Thanks again.
2,368 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »