Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
I would think Lockhart is more of a slytherin with the way he (quite efficiently) tricks everyone
jcampbellohten chapter 38 . 2/27
Good stuff. So, we just assume Voldemort never gets a new body before Dumbledore finds and destroys the rest of the horcruxes? Also, what happened to the part of him they separated from Quirell? Did he become separated as a free-floating spirit and escape, or was he a spirit they managed to keep trapped, or was he separated into a homunculus body, or what?
jcampbellohten chapter 33 . 2/27
Oh, geez, Chamber of Secrets in the back half of year one. I wonder how it'll get solved so quickly, and how Lucius will react to learning Draco's the one who got used by the diary. Also, why would Lucius put the diary on a shelf in the library, where it's unlikely anyone would pick it up?
jcampbellohten chapter 30 . 2/27
Woah, woah, woah. Last chapter:
"
"Isn't [You-Know-Who] dead?" Hermione asked, confused.
Ron rolled his eyes. "Please, Hermione. Everyone knows he's still out there."
This chapter:
"
"With You-Know-Who not dead, of course they will," Neville said matter-of-factly.
Ron jerked. "YOU-KNOW-WHO'S NOT DEAD?"
Um, what?

Anyway, I like the indication that the rest of the canon plot went on with the Gryffindor group even though Harry wasn't with them.
jcampbellohten chapter 26 . 2/27
Because you seem on-the-ball about capitalizations (i.e., not capitalizing words that shouldn't be unless it's something like "Obliviating" that has a different meaning already when it's not capitalized), I feel obliged to mention that "the Sun" and "the Moon" are the names of our solar system's sun and our planet's moon and thus proper nouns, so they get capitalized when referring to those bodies specifically.
That seems a bit... stalker-ish of Molly Weasley. Well, whatever.
jcampbellohten chapter 25 . 2/27
Hahahaha, Twilight!
jcampbellohten chapter 24 . 2/27
But, he did find out what "cured" the Obliviating the man who did it: the guy used the homorphus charm and that gave the werewolf its human mind back. I considered that the part about Lockhart's carelessness might be just what they were telling Remus and Sirius, but the narrator mentions Lockhart Obliviating the guy, which I don't think is something Harry and Lockhart would mention to anyone, so it all must be private thoughts.
Also, I just realized: is it just Neville and his mother? What happened to Frank?
jcampbellohten chapter 18 . 2/26
Most of those are good questions I'm glad you raised. I can answer one of them and wish one of the characters would give this answer: the goblins would admit there was a break-in if nothing was stolen because it enhances the "no one can successfully rob Gringott's" (Gringotts?) image. Alternatively, some kind of alarm went off and wizards got word to the press rather than the goblins admitting anything.
jcampbellohten chapter 16 . 2/26
Also, Neville's really cool, I like that, I like that it doesn't hurt my suspension od disbelief because he grew up with his parents so there's no telling what he would be like and everything's fair game, and I like that his pre-established friendship with Draco and/or Draco's new friendship with Harry makes Draco friends with the common protagonists.
jcampbellohten chapter 15 . 2/26
Okay, now that it's in the context of him actively working to troll Snape and not really believing it, Albus's questioning of Harry is less crack-ish (but still a little crack-ish).
jcampbellohten chapter 12 . 2/25
I like the deconstruction of some of the issues with Hogwarts, and the fact that you're trying to give reasonable answers to the questions raised, as well (e.g., why Binns hasn't been fired). In contrast, I didn't like Dumbledore's last scene because it sounded dangerously like a crack fic. Snape expounding on what wouldn't happen I thought was funny and accepted as you leaning on the fourth wall regarding, I'm assuming, other fics where Harry's sorted into Slytherin, so my suspension of disbelief was unaffected (I liked Dumbledore in that scene, too, by the way), but that's not the case with crazy!Dumbledore here.
jcampbellohten chapter 6 . 2/25
"That's what my mum says." Boom! That blew me away. Way to show and not tell. I wonder what stopped Bellatrix from torturing Neville's parents, or at least torturing them into insanity.
I like that Lockhart's at least teaching Harry some positive values where fame isn't involved, or else in the context of fame. I also like the detail that in scenes narrated from Lockhart's (or Harry's) point of view Lockhart is referred to as "Gilderoy," because that's how he would think of himself. However, you failed to do the same with Dumbledore; he's still "Dumbledore" in the scenes from his PoV and McGonagall and Snape are referred to as such even though Dumbledore would think of himself as "Albus" and them as "Minerva" and "Severus," respectively.
Chakra kitty chapter 38 . 2/17
Tgis was pretty awesome
Loved the way u portrayed the slytherin first years especially the adore not.

Awesome.
Red the Revolutionary chapter 12 . 1/10
I know this is late, but I just want to say that I absolutely love the way you portray Dumblore. Thanks!
Gatalicious chapter 38 . 1/9