Reviews for When In Doubt, Obliviate
AnnaAgatha chapter 38 . 9/15/2016
That was nice :) I like your Gilderoy Lockhart, you succeeded in making him sort of likeable, without actually changing him that much. He is still a morally grey character that lies and kidnaps a child - I like how untroubled Harry is by the fact that Gilderoy kidnapped him. To think that the whole war would have been prevented, if Lockhart had raised Harry instead of the Dursleys... Thanks for writing!
reddir chapter 27 . 9/10/2016
I like this reminiscence of his parents' years at Hogwarts, including what you have for the others with them.

I don't remember enough of the cannon, nor am I familiar enough with the extant fanfiction, to tell how much you made up - but I like how your Alice presents it.

The whole story is sweet, believable, and feels like a very natural narration by an older woman to her friend's son.
reddir chapter 15 . 9/9/2016
I like your version of Ron here. It seems to me you have taken every quality of his that others complain about or disparage and redeemed them - amusing and earnest rather than an ass (even if it gives Harry a headache).

I also like your making Neville sardonic and a good balance to Ron's...Ronishness.
reddir chapter 13 . 9/9/2016
Seems to me Zacharias is getting quite a good "Hogwarts rival experience" :) Looks like this Harry inadvertently hit upon an effective method to bother his rival.

I'm left a bit unclear as to whether Harry realizes this or just thinks its a way to avoid a pointless rivalry.
reddir chapter 11 . 9/9/2016
I like the staff room banter here better than what I've read in most fanfics. This seems truer to what one would expect in people who've worked together for many years, and plan to work together for many more.
reddir chapter 3 . 9/8/2016
Ah, Lockheart lucked out to have such and innocent and earnest sidekick - no longer even a _temptation_ to second guess himself anymore!
reddir chapter 1 . 9/8/2016
A nice start. I especially liked the inner thoughts of Lockheart, seemed very true to character.
jon reeve chapter 38 . 9/6/2016
With a little added warmth for your heart, aww.
jon reeve chapter 27 . 9/6/2016
Wow, I took a look in the reviews for this chapter, and it seems you really struck a nerve with the Snape-o-philes.

It's funny, because how you described their sitch is basically canon. I guess some people feel a need to hold on to their delusions about a certain sallow-skinned, greasy haired, hook-nosed, malcontent.
jon reeve chapter 23 . 9/6/2016
I laughed so hard that I had a coughing fit during their conversation about staying over during the holidays.
jon reeve chapter 15 . 9/6/2016
"Harry, how could you?" Ron demanded the minute Harry came out of the library.

Harry wondered just how long he had been standing there. He, Hermione, and Neville had been doing their homework in the library for the past two hours.

I think of this every time Ron confronts Harry outside of somewhere in another story.
jon reeve chapter 21 . 9/5/2016
perfunctory lol'z
Little Doctor chapter 38 . 9/5/2016
This is very well-written. I love the "anti-hero" Lockhart and Harry's experience with him. Kudos!
jon reeve chapter 20 . 9/5/2016
Refusing to feed...? lol

You can't make this stuff up... but you do!
jon reeve chapter 19 . 9/5/2016
Well, she is a pug-faced little girl, who most times grows into a pug-faced bitch.
2,547 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »