Reviews for Regards, Harry
Alex chapter 36 . 7/5/2015
I should go to sleep, I really should. If Da catches me up he'll stand outside my door till I fall asleep or take my phone for the night. But I can't
Alex chapter 35 . 7/5/2015
... I really hate group chats. I usually don't mind, but this on kept texting through-out this chapter, and it's getting on my nerves. Sadly, I know Ill regret it if I leave the chat. Ugh, problems with technology. Sometimes I think I would rather live before this technology was invented, but then I remember what I would lose along with that technology. The cures for diseases, the AC, even simple things like back-lit clocks wouldn't exist, and though I couldn't miss what I'd never had (which is the only way I could live without the technology, ugh I can't decide if I should be sad or disgusted by that thought), I have to wonder if my life would really be better or if I'm just wishing for what I don't have. And this is what happens when I read serious things when I should be asleep, ugh, well, I hope my late-night-rambling has entertained you.
Alex chapter 34 . 7/5/2015
Wow, that song fits well, mostly with Severus, but little bits brought Harry to mind, specifically your Harry.:)
Alex chapter 7 . 7/3/2015
Ah, Sev Sev, always the Slytherin.
Alex chapter 6 . 7/3/2015
I swear I was mentally composing a rant when I read the first bit about the Hogs Head, I mean, seriously, what is it with you and under age drinking?
Alex chapter 5 . 7/3/2015
It's fortunate that "Gryffindor Tower" and " Somewhere Safe" are next to each other. It would be rather unfortunate if "In Trouble" was between them after all.
wrappedinharry chapter 43 . 2/26/2015
More tears. Crap! And how stupid when I knew exactly what was going to happen. But Harry and Severus broke my heart. But the glimpses you gave us of their anger, their fear and their anguish was breathtakingly sad.

Harry's realisation that it was Draco they were both most concerned with saving at that time and wondering what made them think he should be saved... that he deserved to be saved after all his machinations throughout the year and the deaths he almost caused.

And as for the image of him begging Severus not to leave and him pounding the ground with his fists... well that did bring me undone.

There are so many things I should be doing, but I just can't pull myself away from this.
wrappedinharry chapter 42 . 2/26/2015
I've been meaning to talk about this for some time but keep forgetting. It is not about how wonderful yourselves writing and your story are, though both observations are true.
This will seem very unlucky, but it has been bugging me right from when you introduced the topic in MOI.

Tea: I am an Aussie, and a dedicated tea drinker. I have my tea white with no sugar. I could no more imagine putting tea than I could imagine that there is really magic in the world. I suppose You must do this in the States (though my daughter, also a tea drinker, just had a long holiday in the States and she drank tea over there [worried that she wouldn't be able to get a decent cup of tea though as you are well renowned as a nation of coffee drinkers] and she had her white [milk] tea with no sugar and was pleased it was a decent cuppa.)

I have relatives in Scotland and friends in England, and have visited several times, and no one (even cafes) serves tea with cream. Cream in coffee is delicious, but cream in tea would be way, way to awful to drink. This is, of course written as a result of personal observation, and I read a lot (not just HP fanfiction) and creamy tea isn't something I have come across in he British crime procedural I love so much.

Anyway, just had to get this off my chest.
wrappedinharry chapter 40 . 2/26/2015
I am so glad Severus acknowledged James like he did; his words were perfect. Also, Harry's reaction to them was also nicely written; I imagine naturally have been so easy to have Severus denigrate James to his dying breath. I know that would have made the Snape-for-Sainthood brigade very happy.
wrappedinharry chapter 37 . 2/26/2015
More tears, mostly of happiness (at least towards the end.)

Would owls (or any animals) of different species willingly mate?
wrappedinharry chapter 36 . 2/26/2015
I don't think I have blubbered quite as much reading a work of fiction since I read the Deathly Hallows. This is more a testament to the fact that your writing is so full of pathos than the anatomical abnormality I was cursed with of having my bladder too close to my eyes. (According to my mother. LOL)

But poor Harry. If nothing else, I would so like someone to straighten his nose! Or, unlike Malfoy, whose injuries were all healed, Harry not only has a reminder of his impetuosity lasting the weeks until his bones knit, but will have a lifetime reminder as well.

Severus might be hurting as much as Harry, but he is hard. Harry's present state of health is certainly not going to elicit positive thoughts about the future he has to face.

Of course we know the outcome of Harry's adventures but this journey is heart wrenching. 'Son'. 'Dad'. The best outcome, but poor James' memory seems to be lost.
wrappedinharry chapter 33 . 2/26/2015
It wasn't blood that came out of the diary, it was ink.

I read this whole chapter through a veil of tears... Very moving... Beautifully written.
wrappedinharry chapter 29 . 2/26/2015
I am sure that if not Firewhisky, Harry has had hard spirits in this story before... Wih Severus or perhaps Severus and Albus, or Severus and Minerva. Not in excess of course, but the taste wasn't new to him.
wrappedinharry chapter 22 . 2/25/2015
I'm pretty sure you wrote about Harry mentioning to Severus his Sorting Hat experience earlier in this story or in MOI... Not sure where.

I get really annoyed with the 'Slytherin is most likely to have children from abusive homes sorted into it', theme. Gaaah! Why?! It's just another ploy to make Slytherin House so much more attractive and to illicit sympathy for Slytherins. Severus is so biased (even though Harry is a Gryffindor, it's not funny.

Pro-Slytherin proponents insist that McGonagall is just as biased but she gives detentions and takes points from her own house probably as often as Severus takes points from Gryffindor.

But apart from the odd difference of opinion (and this is your story after all) I am still loving this.
wrappedinharry chapter 17 . 2/24/2015
Don't think Severus would have had a Patronus before the doe. JK once said that no DE can produce a Patronus because they cannot think of pue, happy thoughts. I know Severus might not have been a DE in his 6th year (but close) he was still very much steeped in the DL's doctrine. Lily's Patronus became Severus' after she died and he joined DD.

I AM KIND OF HATING how Harry doesn't want to even think about James any more; was in fact glad that his Animagus wasn't a Stag. I still maintain that Severus would not have hung about being a target for the Marauders, but would have given as good as he got as often as not, especially if he hung around with other wannabe DEs like Mulciber.
680 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »