Reviews for Regards, Harry
excessivelyperky chapter 40 . 8/20/2013
This chapter is very serious underneath some of the lightheartedness. I especially enjoy the dream where Severus is getting help from James in answering the quiz questions.

I do so love how Snape knows Harry cares about him. This is so much better than canon, when nobody did.

I don't blame Snape for wanting to know his eulogy, either; he really doesn't expect to survive this war, between his two masters (yeah, Albus, what a great idea to make sure Snape can't survive an Order victory, and force him to work for it anyway). I think far more highly of Harry for not asking for an Unbreakable Vow.

And I don't blame Snape for not being too thrilled with the Weasley twins; if he knew they were responsible for Montague's permanent brain damage, he'd really be upset with them (clearly, Harry has either forgotten that part or still doesn't care, because, after all, Montague was just another Evil Slytherin).
excessivelyperky chapter 39 . 8/14/2013
I enjoyed the letters very much (though the sex ed lesson in Snape's time had a horrible frisson of the one in Monty Python movie that started with the corporate pirate attack-and in that one, the students were still blowing spitballs and not paying attention). In Snape's case, I suspect they were trying very hard not to pay attention.

And now the shadow of the future looms over any of Harry's present joys. Snape's, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 38 . 8/10/2013
I can just see the headline: Harry Potter Introduces Little Harry to the World; World is Underwhelmed.

-One recalls *another * Harry who did make the headlines that way during his little jaunt to Las Vegas (proved he was a ginger all over, too).

I love Harry's letter, But I absolutely ADORE (all capslock there) how Snape fought to let Harry have some love before offering himself up to die. What a pity that nobody has ever fought for Snape, sigh.

Just because Albus had to give up his darling Gellert should not mean that all his pawns ought to give up their love for the Greater Good.

And I also love the Miracle of Life: How to Avoid It class. When will it go up on YouTube?
excessivelyperky chapter 37 . 8/5/2013
Oh, lovely chapter. I understand what Hermione said so well; in the past, Harry hasn't cared about injuries because Madam Pomfrey could heal them so quickly. But being hurt still leaves a mark, even if the physical effects are healed right away.

And I love the growing relationship between Harry and Snape. I hope that Snape still cares for his little Snakes, though; nobody else is going to.

But it sounds like both Harry and Ginny need the Basic Sex Ed class; "The Miracle of Life and How to Avoid it".
cre8tvdeb chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
I just rediscovered MOI and reread it, and am now onto your sequels. You tell a great story - I am really enjoying this! cre8tvdeb
mrspurpleduck chapter 45 . 7/26/2013
I thought the last chapter broke me. I was wrong. I am now a soggy mess.
mrspurpleduck chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
Again?! Will I ever be able to read this chapter without sobbing like a child? I don't know how many times I've read them all now, from MOI to Tuesdays With Severus (so far) and still I break at this point.
I just feel so very much for them both, the abandoned boys as JKR puts it.

You write so beautifully.
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 7/15/2013
I'm thinking it's just as well that Severus didn't play "Hot Rod Lincoln" or "Thunder Road", but "Bat Out of Hell" is absolutely perfect. I also like the way you're foreshadowing Dumbledore's continuing deterioration, and how Snape is preparing Harry for a life on the run.

Wonderful chapter!
enb2004 chapter 28 . 7/11/2013
If you want to see Severus in the Amazon, you should read River of Dreams. Some of the things the author makes Severus go through are CRAZY! It is, unfortunately, unfinished. :(
Your story, BTW, is AMAZING! Loving it, and the first one!
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 7/7/2013
I know why Severus has so little hope; he knows that it is very unlikely for any of them to be alive a year from now.

Excellent chapter; and I am glad Albus had to *look* at the basilisk he sent Harry, a twelve-year-old child, against.
mysinger chapter 15 . 7/6/2013
Fantastic chapter! I loved Harry's dream and Severus' reaction to it. The ending was bittersweet and beautifully written.
excessivelyperky chapter 29 . 6/21/2013
I love this chapter. Snape is probably happy that Harry is doing something all the other teenage students have probably done (as House Head, he's undoubtedly been puked on before). I love how Minerva had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing out loud (you didn't say it, but it pretty obvious).

And I love the idea of the letters reaching the parents for the other kids while the kids are on the Hogwarts Express. Seriously.

You're absolutely right, though; Harry needs new bits in the clock, including "Shacked up with Ginny".
excessivelyperky chapter 28 . 6/8/2013
Oh, very good chapter! But if Albus dies the way he does in canon, Harry won't want driving lessons from Snape at all, I expect.

But Severus is allowed to dream of a world where there is at least one person in the world who doesn't hate him...
Bonnie Gaynor chapter 31 . 5/30/2013
Oh, I have to review this again, it's so beautiful! And I remember now that when I first read this story I listened to Bat and it was my personal start into Meat's music (and a bit because it was ingenious Jim Steinman who wrote it) although he has always been around thanks to my dad who's a big fan ;) I had the luck to see Meat on his Farewell Tour and he was just incredible!
The song is really perfect for Sev and Harry and a fast car, the whole scene creates a feeling of "now" and you don't have to worry about anything else - and I think at least Harry did quite the same. I love this chapter 3
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 5/18/2013
Well, Snape is marching into hell all right, and Albus is pushing him into worse. How lovely to set up one's martyrdom while making sure your 'friend' has to work for an Order victory even though it will mean his death or the Kiss. Considering that Albus brought this on himself by way of the cursed ring, so his great sacrifice was not entirely voluntary.

But as ever, both Snape and Harry still worship the Headmaster, and have faith that his 'plan' (whatever it is, though he can't be bothered to tell anybody) will magically work out someway.

And let's not forget that in canon that Snape is a nonperson by the time of the Epilogue, so he doesn't even have the satisfaction of knowing his sacrifices were remembered by anyone but Harry, while Albus, the great puppetmaster, is still adored. But hey, that's the way Rowling wanted it.

I expect you to do better. :)
645 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »