Reviews for Regards, Harry
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 8/22/2013
I forgot ... Thank you for the allusion to one of my favorite songs, certainly my favorite Beatles song, "In My Life," in the last chapter. I think it's time I listened to that album again. (Yes, I'm old. Yes, I have actual record albums.). ;)
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 8/22/2013
Harry certainly laid his emotions out there with that one small confession, didn't he? "It's like I'm always looking for a home, for a place to hang up my heart, I guess." It will be interesting to see how Snape reacts. This was quite a revealing chapter for both of them.

I'm glad Ginny came to Harry. It will be interesting to see how things move from this point. I wonder ... will Harry give her the earrings after all?
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 8/22/2013
Oh, dear! I laughed so hard at Harry's "under the influence" antics that my eyes watered for 10 minutes! Bravo! This is a great chapter.
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 8/22/2013
This fanfic just keeps getting better. The last statement in the story is interesting. I'd say the fact that Ginny truly loves Harry-and really always has-is being hidden from him, because he's not looking "properly." Or maybe it's because he's afraid to trust her with his heart. Poor Harry and his trust issues! Snape has actually given him good advice on this more than once.

I'm glad I taught in a Muggle school and never had to have The Talk with any of my junior highers. Someone else handled all of that, thank goodness! Contraception spells ... If only it were that easy.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 8/21/2013
I am enjoying this epistolary fanfic immensely. Harry confiding his affaire de coeur to Snape is priceless. (So are the tattoo jokes.) ;)
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 8/21/2013
I'm really enjoying these letters. It's extremely amusing to read Snape's droll comments and Harry's rather impish, cheeky ones. Knowing the heartbreak that lies ahead for both in the weeks and months ahead, it is rather nice to see Harry and Snape engaging in a bit of silliness.
excessivelyperky chapter 41 . 8/20/2013
I love this chapter so much. Except the bit about Ringo. He's my favorite Beatle, so there (blows raspberry).

But these letters are what both of them need to hear because both will be in the shadow of death very soon now. And Harry must still, somehow, trust Snape anyway even after Albus dies.

And he must trust Snape with his own death, too, if the last Horcrux is going to die.
excessivelyperky chapter 40 . 8/20/2013
This chapter is very serious underneath some of the lightheartedness. I especially enjoy the dream where Severus is getting help from James in answering the quiz questions.

I do so love how Snape knows Harry cares about him. This is so much better than canon, when nobody did.

I don't blame Snape for wanting to know his eulogy, either; he really doesn't expect to survive this war, between his two masters (yeah, Albus, what a great idea to make sure Snape can't survive an Order victory, and force him to work for it anyway). I think far more highly of Harry for not asking for an Unbreakable Vow.

And I don't blame Snape for not being too thrilled with the Weasley twins; if he knew they were responsible for Montague's permanent brain damage, he'd really be upset with them (clearly, Harry has either forgotten that part or still doesn't care, because, after all, Montague was just another Evil Slytherin).
excessivelyperky chapter 39 . 8/14/2013
I enjoyed the letters very much (though the sex ed lesson in Snape's time had a horrible frisson of the one in Monty Python movie that started with the corporate pirate attack-and in that one, the students were still blowing spitballs and not paying attention). In Snape's case, I suspect they were trying very hard not to pay attention.

And now the shadow of the future looms over any of Harry's present joys. Snape's, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 38 . 8/10/2013
I can just see the headline: Harry Potter Introduces Little Harry to the World; World is Underwhelmed.

-One recalls *another * Harry who did make the headlines that way during his little jaunt to Las Vegas (proved he was a ginger all over, too).

I love Harry's letter, But I absolutely ADORE (all capslock there) how Snape fought to let Harry have some love before offering himself up to die. What a pity that nobody has ever fought for Snape, sigh.

Just because Albus had to give up his darling Gellert should not mean that all his pawns ought to give up their love for the Greater Good.

And I also love the Miracle of Life: How to Avoid It class. When will it go up on YouTube?
excessivelyperky chapter 37 . 8/5/2013
Oh, lovely chapter. I understand what Hermione said so well; in the past, Harry hasn't cared about injuries because Madam Pomfrey could heal them so quickly. But being hurt still leaves a mark, even if the physical effects are healed right away.

And I love the growing relationship between Harry and Snape. I hope that Snape still cares for his little Snakes, though; nobody else is going to.

But it sounds like both Harry and Ginny need the Basic Sex Ed class; "The Miracle of Life and How to Avoid it".
cre8tvdeb chapter 1 . 7/28/2013
I just rediscovered MOI and reread it, and am now onto your sequels. You tell a great story - I am really enjoying this! cre8tvdeb
mrspurpleduck chapter 45 . 7/26/2013
I thought the last chapter broke me. I was wrong. I am now a soggy mess.
mrspurpleduck chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
Again?! Will I ever be able to read this chapter without sobbing like a child? I don't know how many times I've read them all now, from MOI to Tuesdays With Severus (so far) and still I break at this point.
I just feel so very much for them both, the abandoned boys as JKR puts it.

You write so beautifully.
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 7/15/2013
I'm thinking it's just as well that Severus didn't play "Hot Rod Lincoln" or "Thunder Road", but "Bat Out of Hell" is absolutely perfect. I also like the way you're foreshadowing Dumbledore's continuing deterioration, and how Snape is preparing Harry for a life on the run.

Wonderful chapter!