Reviews for Steadfast in Adversity
Why?! Why did you stop writing at this point?! You just... you can’t write so damn well and then leave a story incomplete!
MM chapter 10 . 10/6/2016
Aaaah, why did you stop?! It was just great, I was almost really /there/... *sob*
Now, earnestly: I love your writing style, calm, detailed and so 'in' the person. And I also love this story, you do a great job at writing how Edmund and Corin both feel and how they think.
trustingHim17 chapter 10 . 2/23/2016
I think i love this story and wish you had written the last few chapters it would have taken to finish this wonderful story. I really wish you would come back and finish this!
Guest chapter 10 . 1/10/2014
Please update this fic I want to know what happens
Guest chapter 10 . 9/25/2013
pls continue the story it is wonderful
Miss mia chapter 10 . 4/12/2013
O great. I get all involved in this great ff, read thru ch 10, and only THEN realize it's not complete and hasn 't been worked on for 2 years! Aaaagh!
Guest chapter 10 . 10/21/2012
Can hardly wait for the next chapter. Every bit is so good
sesfx3 chapter 10 . 10/12/2011
Love this fic! I really enjoy the "behind the scenes" action. Any chance of an update soon? Pretty please?
peanutmeg chapter 10 . 3/22/2011
I am still in awe of your writing. Your descriptions of Edmund's emotions and Corin's reactions were brilliant! Edmund's words were harsh, but believable and understandable given what he was feeling.

Thanks so much for updating :D:D I can't wait to read more!
peanutmeg chapter 9 . 3/22/2011
I am so sorry for being so terribly late in this review! I'm now on Spring Break though - thank goodness! I loved this chapter; Edmund's frustration with Corin's stubbornness was described wonderfully, and I loved Lucy's conversation with Edmund! I'm off to read the next chapter now ;)
LunaStorm chapter 10 . 3/21/2011
Excellent chapter. It's always hard when you talk yourself into believing you're right, then someone you trust and admire icily tears down your convinction. (Don't I know it...)

How will Corin react to Shasta being his twin, I wonder? In the book it seemed as if he knew already, but here he doesn't, right? It'll be a surprise for both boys... I can't wait!
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 10 . 3/20/2011
Corin deserves a bit of a tongue lashing! Although they'll surely forgive him soon, I'd say he's already been punished very nearly enough. Poor Cor! He must be so confused, and nervous and sorry for something which is really none of his fault! At least, not very much. I love how your writing these characters! Please update soon!

-Dyslexic Nerd
WiseQueen chapter 10 . 3/20/2011
I think this is a very natural reaction on Edmund's part. Corin has been blatantly disobedient, and as he thinks himself, "If he were a legit part of the army he could be tried for treason" - or at least given a far harder punishment than what could be meted out to a Royal Prince.

And especially natural because Edmund has to contain his anger, to keep his reaction verbal, "for if he was not calm, he would likely do something very undesirable." And to stay calm, he has to stay cold - and it works very well in the story.

At first, Corin still doesn't see the depth of his errors, just the possible consequences of them, "trying to will down his despair and to say something, anything, that would redeem himself at least a bit".

But then he begins to realize that there may be consequences to others, not just to himself, from what he does and what he has done, and he begins to feel guilt. I guess he might soon have been ready to ask forgiveness, but perhaps not right away, and anyway he doesn't get the chance to do so because Edmund is whisked away by Lucy.

"wondering if he had just single-handedly destroyed a life-long friendship." I feel for Corin. I trust that Edmund will be able to forgive him later - but Corin isn't there yet, and is left only with his guilt. Such a powerful chapter.
LAHH chapter 10 . 3/20/2011
Oh, poor Corin. Actually, more poor Edmund too :( Amazing chapter thoughx.
Sentimental Star chapter 10 . 3/19/2011
Wow ::blinks::. Intense chapter. ::winces a little bit:: Poor Corin, though I do like the fact very much (if my supposition is right) that Edmund's injury and disappointment have begun crumbling Corin's idealistic notions of battle and war. I also very much like the fact that you've shown your readers that although Corin is a prince, he is still very much a child. Ed's going to feel extremely guilty when he calms down a bit, isn't he?

Poor Ed, too-I'm guessing his emotional state is not at all good right now, huh? Good thing Lucy's there to help.

Looking forward to more!