Reviews for To Be the Greatest
WyldClaw chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
cool they picked their pokemon
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
cool start! i like the changes you made
reviewerbot v1.0 chapter 25 . 5/25/2011
You be the latest! This story gets into the action pretty quickly, the plot, not so much. It's already chapter 25, and I feel like the most of the story so far is kind of exposition. Still pretty good, but it keeps leaving me feeling somewhat empty and impatient (and not in the good cliffhanger way.) I'm not sure it's a good idea to change the pace though. Rushing is bad. Rushing is rushing to be the worst. This feedback may be useful, or completely useless. IDK. In any case, this story's pretty good, so please update again soon, okay? I have trouble finding things to read, and the pokemon fandom has few oc trainer pairing fics, and nearly all of the slash fics are satoshi/shigeru. It's right up there with Draco/Harry. Completely overused. *groans*.
Nuuska chapter 25 . 5/15/2011
Oh I hope Nidoran will be okay. And I simply love Taylor's reaction to Terran's guy problems, lol.

I was super excited to see a Blaziken in the story, omg. Then I realized I submitted the character. LOL. I'm so stupid. :d
Forever Dreaming Grace chapter 25 . 5/15/2011
I love how the story's going so far. I haven't reviewed since... Heck, I don't even know. But, yeah, anyway, I like how the relationship HAS slowed down.

Poor Nidoran... At least she's all better now!

*Snicker* Yep, Terran's going to have to REALLY try to pull through this battle.

I'm going to finally give you a traveling companion or two for my previous person (Amethyst: Breeder). Sending them over PM!

-Grace
Nuuska chapter 24 . 4/25/2011
Happy...what day? Lol.

Ooh, yay they have a Nidoran. Nidoran females were always interesting. (:
pepperpizzapal chapter 24 . 4/24/2011
Well, I'm back from my little impromptu spring break vacation, so I suppose this review will be for chapter 23 as well as 24.

For chapter 23, the thing really on my mind is Nico's cheap shot at Michelle, the ease and malice both I felt in the way he said those things. It reminds me that he has sides to his personality that I haven't keyed out yet.

For 24:

A Nidoran and a moonstone. Gee, I wonder what Astro's planning?

I feel it was good for Charmander to be forced to lead the way... I sense that Charmander, and Nico as well, are going to be the duo that come out of nowhere. They feel like true leaders to me.

Also, I laughed hard when neither Terran nor Taylor could get past the Geodude. I dunno why, exactly. Just thought you'd like to know.

As for your poll, I considered not voting. After all, I'm heavily biased in the respect that the OCs I gave you are centered in Saffron (though, being the writer, you /can/ use them wherever you decide is best), so, naturally, that's what I cast my vote for.

Well, See ya next chapter,

Rymann chapter 23 . 4/22/2011
Great chapter. The dialog was pretty well written. There was one line in the chapter that I had to reread a few lines above it to understand who said it, but I also just woke up so I'm not completely alert.

Misty is gonna beast Nico unless he can pull a Buneary out of his hat.
pepperpizzapal chapter 22 . 4/19/2011
[Not excessively ecstatic about the current situation, but not mortally depressed, either. Just good. And that's just perfect.]

I'm jealous. I haven't felt that way about a relationship in a long time.

["You're too nice."

"So I've been told. Though I'm trying to work on it."]

XD

I liked how it was Michelle, not Terran or Taylor, who assumed leadership of the travelling group. I'm not quite sure why, but I do.

As for the "super seceret", I think I'm just going to tell everyone, it's easiest that way. I'll do so by using suspiciously specific denial.

Astro and I are /not/, I repeat, /not/, plotting to destroy a small abandoned Antarctic research facility.

That is all,

Scholar of Emeralds chapter 1 . 4/19/2011
"Kanto… Maybe not as beautiful as Johto, or as diverse as Sinnoh, or as exotic as Hoenn, or―I'm getting off track. Kanto, however you want to classify it, is my home. Some might call it "boring," but to me, it's the perfect place to be. Team Rocket has long since stopped activity here, it bred Red of Pallet Town, one of the greatest Pokemon masters alive, and we have one of the oldest and most admired Pokemon Leagues in the world: the Indigo League."

I truly did love the paragaph above. I felt that it perfectly described that despite its oldtimer feel, Kanto can maintains an excellent status because of past history. Unfortunately, you completely lost me when you stated that nonsense about the whole age change.

People really need to stop doing this. It's quite aggravating. If you want older trainers then your story should be going by game verse or manga verse. Red was mentioned, so it wouldn't be too hard of a thing to do.

I won't continue this, but the writing style is one that I enjoy reading. It's oerfect for first person narration, and your story has attracted some decent reviews. Things should go well with you anyway.
Nuuska chapter 21 . 4/3/2011
Wow an evil Nico. That was definitely something to see. Though I suppose he was just being realistic. It's like a huge rush of emotion and feeling from Terran but you have to take it in with small bites, you know? Terrible metaphor but...yeah. Great chapter. (:
pepperpizzapal chapter 21 . 4/3/2011
Ah, I get it. Okay, if you're going from your own experience, then I'm going to go off of my own to judge what's going on:

I was in a relationship, once, similar to what I'm seeing here, where I'm Nico and the girl was Terran. She was clingy and impulsive, and for her it was 'love at first sight'. I wasn't sure about things, and it took her a while to grow on me.

Now here's where I make my first assumption: Terran isn't in love, he's just horny. Turns out that's what it was for her - we weren't together for very long before she tried to make everything about the physical relationship. I'm more for a relationship based on personality. (Not that I didn't enjoy the physical parts, mind you, I just wanted more to it than that.)

To this point it seems Terran likes Nico's personality somewhat, but the majority of his affection seems to be applied to Nico being 'Eye Candy'.

My second assumption - before things come to an end, there are probably going to be issues with Terran becoming even clinger, possilby possesive, controlling, even violently jealous. I don't want to go into full detail (kinda personal) but these are the /same patterns/ I went through with said girl. It started out as both of us wanting to be around each other 24/7, eventually I got over the "Honeymoon Phase" but she didn't. So, whenever I would spend time with anyone else, she'd get angry and pick fights, and even some mornings she would be at my home before I got up just so she could be sure to spend the day with me.

That was just the summer. I was with her until December that same year, where, although I felt like a d*** for doing it right after Christmas and her birthday, I had to break it off.

What happened right after that was... ick.

Anyway, my point is, I'm anticipating Terran's impulsiveness to start down that path. He doesn't have some of my Ex's personality traits that will make me think it will be as bad as she was, but I can see it coming. The way Terran tackles everything 110% could be an interesting variant, though, since he might force his relationship with Nico too hard or something.

Anyway, taking off my amature-psychologist cap now. This chapter was certainly on the more enjoyable side, though I personally didn't care for the boys making out part. (Althoguh, the "If I Force A Kiss You'll Shut Up" is a favorite trick of mine, too.) I'm still waiting for the complication of a girl to come into the picture, except this time I'm anticipating her to fall for Nico. He's decisevly more attractive to the opposite sex, I think.

Looking forward to the next chapter,

Nuuska chapter 20 . 4/2/2011
Yay, I've been waiting on an update from your story from ages. :) Thanks. And the Pokemon view was really cute! We got to see more of Shinx this way.
pepperpizzapal chapter 20 . 3/31/2011
FIRST OFF: I'd like to pass credit to Stolloss for figuring out the way around the glitch. I got the way from his page, and simply relayed the message.

Anyway, although it was interesting to 'hear' what the pokemon were thinking about things, I can't say I really enjoyed this chapter. But that's just me - as far as pokemon fics go, I perfer human-centric to poke-centric. Otherwise, this chapter was pretty well written, and I think will be enjoyable to people who have slightly more open minds than ole' PPP.

Now, I could be remembering wrong, but it seems to me the previous 19 chapters were in past-perfect tense, and this chapter had mixed past-perfect and present-perfect.

For example:

[Right now, it was the beginning of twilight.]

"Right now" says that it's in the present, but "was" is a word used to refer to things that happened in the past.

In all these little errors add up, and it makes a good majority of the chapter feel confusing and (to myself, at least) rushed.

I won't chastize you further for that, since I'm certain I've made the same mistakes before myself. Just something to watch out for in the future - switching tenses (not counting when someone is speaking) is a no-no.

Looking forward to chapter 21,

I'll write you then

PPP chapter 19 . 3/22/2011
How did I not learn about Chapter 19 until just now? *grumbles* Stupid email delay...

Anyway, this chapter recieves a resounding 'alright' rating. I take it you've learned the type of things I nitpick, so I guess that could be a huge reason why I haven't found anything to complain about in the lsst few chapters. Or maybe I've just lost my game...

But never fear! Jacka** PPP will reappear at somepoint!

Anyway, the reason for the 'alright' rating was the lack of interest this chapter held. It is probably just me, personally, but I saw this as kind of a 'fluff' chapter, but with less character development than usual. I mean, fluff chapters are good occasionally to make or reiterate the setting, or introduce new things abour characters, but this chapter accomplished that in a very bare-bones way. Not up to the par I've seen you set (I mean, you've gotten /me/ rooting for an MxM pairing! You've got to have some talent to get me to do that!), but also a good slow-down from all the hecticness of the more recent events.

Now, if I begin/began to sound ramble-y, please forgive. It's past midnight and I haven't slept in nearly two days. But, anyway, as far as conventions and grammar go, this is, as far as I can tell, flawless. Have I mentioned I'm jealous of however you manage to accomplish that? Whether it's your own skill or you just have an excellent Beta, it does add to the overall effect your writing has on me.

Kudos.

As always, I'm gonna ask:

"So the next chapter is soon, right? I MUST READ IT."

48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »