Reviews for A Fighting Chance
sakurachary chapter 6 . 5/29/2014
Your story is a good one. it is something new like a fresh breath. I wish you would continue it.
Nachtwoelfin chapter 6 . 7/28/2013
And just when it gets good... well too bad that you aren't continuing but hopefully that'll change in the future.

Light/Kira's reaction to her would be really interesting!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/7/2012
Chapter six had to be my favorite chapter! Please please please keep writing!
Seirei chapter 6 . 5/18/2012
I love this! Great job!
DuDe chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
Gota update soon please
Say Whaaaaaaaaat chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
i would hate to see this story ended. Update real soon, please please please.
Rock This chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
please update soon i realy enjoy this story
Born 2 B A Vampire chapter 6 . 3/17/2012
i think that putting off the relization that "dave" is L and the girls adventail removal from her home is a good idea, all in all one of the best stories ive read so far, needs a little proof reading though, please update soon.
AnnAisu chapter 6 . 11/9/2011
This is actually really interesting...quite good. I am glad you gave an explanation for why Light is a girl now. Is the Death Note still in Light's hands? WIll Haruko share her dreams especially now that a key figure in them has appeared? I am definately going to wait and find out.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 6 . 11/7/2011
~ Light wept, for every death he had caused, mourned for the grief, for his lost innocence, apologised wholeheartedly to the souls, to his family, his… friend.

~ It is a rule that the Shinigami are forbidden to allow any human being to get a hold of their Death Note.

If it was truly a Rule, Ryuk would have turned to dust the moment a human touched his Death Note.

~ Second, you won't remember everything from your previous life.

I don't like this. But will Light at least have a chance to have his memories back? After Kira case is closed, at least?

The orphanage is beautiful.

~ Mioko-chan froze. She knew that shape. Now she was scared.

A gun? Because she should have no reason to know the Death Note.

~ The man had a second gun in his left pocket so disarming was out of question

Moiko-chan might be able to do it. Yes, she did it!

~ "Shinigami?…" She muttered so softly that it sounded like a soft sigh.

Ryuuzaki, did you hear this? Ah, Shi-gami.

It's beautiful plot. Her obsession with Shinigami and ignoring other magical creatures, her recognition of L, knowledge of his appearance, abnormal reaction to question "Are you Kira?", headache (caused by returning memories, but L doesn't know this yet)... And will one of flashbacks give L's or Watari's true name, somewhen?

At least, L knows she isn't Kira. It's a relief.

Good luck. Complicated, beautiful, delicate structure... And kind. Thank you.
henriette chapter 6 . 11/4/2011
very good, but I still wish I could see a bit more of Light in her...
henriette chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
Yes you're right,- There aren't enough DN stories here! So glad you decided to make your on ;D
S chapter 6 . 10/22/2011
Quite frankly, the Orpanage part (which was mostly from Chapter 2) is boring. It's truly is AU. And th interaction there is not really relevant, and more like a filler,

The names are irrelevant, as I notice you never mention a child for a second time. If they're not important in the story, don't focus on them. It doesn't matter if Katsu is able to kick that high, because he's not relevant. So why did you write it for?

Besides, it's kinda hard to write a orphanage, and I noticed that you're struggling.

If Haruka is half as smart as Light, then that's good enough for a FULL scholarship at Tokyo University.

She could be Light's classmate, along with L.

So many possibilities, but you started off with being an orphan. I wonder why that is.
S chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
Never dismiss anything. And and every happening is information. Oddities of an old person or what, plain urban legend...

Everything is information, which links to something. L shouldn't have dismissed Haruka's mumbling as such.

Things are getting interesting, and everybody is an suspect. :)

Good job, I'm getting hooked.
S chapter 3 . 10/21/2011
This is much better. Kudos.

It still need life, but comparing to last chapter. It's definitely going good.

Keep improving! :)

P.S: When seeing Haruko, I forget that she's supposed to be a female!Light. They're so different. So I still stand that Haruko is an OC, while not a self-insert, she's kinda MarySue.

The foundations had been made, and it would be hard to change it now.

PSS: The orange bangs screams of MarySue, btw.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »