Reviews for Grounded
FireEdge chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Ehrmahgerd I really needed a good dose of fluffy nothing. That was fantastic and made me gush and then laugh a lot (because Haar is still one of my favourite characters ever, he never gets old). Anyway, most definitely very cute and lots of fun to read. As usual, you did an awesome job of portraying Jill and Haar's characters. I especially liked the emphasis on Haar's mental justifications for being so non-chalant about everything. And, of course, such a cavity-inducing ending, aww.

Also just wanted to mention that you had some great lines throughout the one-shot. I really loved: "Haar had a list of things that ranked in his life according to importance. Sleep was number one. Food might have been number two, but Jill wasn't sure." And: "She always complained about how difficult it was to wake him up, but at least he was faking being asleep half the time. She was a nightmare to wake up, and someday he would tell her so." Oh, and my favourite (that actually made me laugh out loud): "He cracked open his good eye and resisted the urge to roll it at her. Of all the dumb…" Oh Haar, you're not that old yet.

And because I'm totally a helper, caught a typo: "She new Haar disliked it as much as she did". I now feel like I was being somewhat productive as I read this, hahaha. Anyway I can always count on your stories for a good pick-me-up and it's really stirring up my Haar and Jill love again. :)
Petal Dust chapter 1 . 3/31/2011
Lovely story! I especially like the dialogue and how you kept everyone in-character. The beginning pulled me in right away, and the ending was great too. 3 Good job!
Marius Sidorov chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Hello there, Manna. Generally I am rather ambivalent when it comes to romance, but stories detailing army camp life are always great and combining that with the dynamic Haar and Jill adds to that as well.

Detailing the medical procedures - especially in a fantasy setting - was also great. Well done.

["That means you'll have to ask her about your knees tomorrow. I can hear them pop every time you bend them."

He cracked open his good eye and resisted the urge to roll it at her. Of all the dumb… "That's just old age," he said.] Another great detail here, subtle as it is. Perhaps it is just old age but living as a soldier in a medieval world where simply being in your mid-30s puts you well over middle age - perhaps it is more.

I look forward to reading more from you.

-Marius
shadowhunterwithasouffle chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
4400 words of cuteness and Jill/Haar FLUFF! XD You can make a cute couple even cuter with just words. This fic even has a moral: never be afraid to go to people for help.

This story was perfect. Jill And Haar FOREVER!

Luki
Trevor X chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Huh. So you wrote about give and take in a relationship with stubborn people. Pointless crap? Nah.

Seriously, don't complain about this. It's good for what it is. :)
IsanTheWizard chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Cute to say the least XD
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
Very adorable! This is not 4,400 words of nothing, it's 4,400 words of cute fluff. We can all use more fluff in our lives!

[She half-expected an offhand comment from him asking if she'd had a nice trip, but he stayed silent and in turn, so did she. ] Bahahaha I totally didn't get this until the second time I read it. A nice TRIP. That's so something Haar could say xD

[Sleep was number one. Food might have been number two, but Jill wasn't sure.] If only Jill knew the truth... Jill is totally #1. Sleep definitely a close second, though. :P

[The only real way to "reserve" any spot was to throw down bedrolls. It didn't always work, and sometimes the others would hardly leave the two of them breathing room, but it was better than nothing.] I like this little look at their army's society. There would be competition like that over sleeping spots. And the thought of them sleeping really close together like that... quite cute!

[He would rather die than see Jill suffer a similar fate.] Powerful. Haar would be really terrified of that. Being crippled has got to be a really sensitive point for him. Not emotionally, I mean, but like... he's so aware of how debilitating it can be that it scares him more than it would scare most people who haven't experienced it.

[She didn't bother to take her hand back.

And he didn't bother to let it go.] *MELTS INTO A POOL OF INCURABLE FLUFFINESS*

I love how their relationship is so undefined at this stage. It just fits them so well.

- Kitty