Reviews for The Land of Might Have Been
asma4life chapter 1 . 7/26
Hmm, a very entertaining P.O.V of Snape indeed. I like his nature of indulging in books so much better! :) and thank you for the amazing titles to read. Don Quixote is my favourite too. It reminds of how too much of anything is always bad.
Writtenaspr chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
So good, satisfying.
You are a true- blue writer. I am the harp you can play.
Even the sadness I feel from this, is
odd and pleasant. Talent , talent talent.
Thank you.
CanisLupusBibliophilus chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
Lovely. I've never read a story before that stirred such a feeling of loneliness. I honestly hadn't thought it was possible to pen something that could show such a unique, personal view of what it means to be alone. Thank you very much for the experience.
Dimac99 chapter 1 . 2/25/2014
For some reason I thought Severus would enjoy the historical action/war type novels like Sharpe or Hornblower, but thinking about it I can see him enjoying a Cold War thriller. He would have grown up during that era after all. The bit with the bodice ripper was hilarious especially when Trelawney chimed in :-) I hope he enjoys Emma, it is wonderful, but I don't see him as a Knightley, definitely more of a Darcy - dark, brooding, misunderstood... and takes himself far too seriously!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
Severus was quite sure he would not be mistaking the Three Broomsticks for a castle anytime soon, neither would he be brandishing his wand at windmills. At least, he hoped not.

-No, he's fought his windmills already.

And if he doesn't get off his duff and go after Hermione, he'll deserve...to be buried in books.
Maria chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
"He might be petty and proud, but when it mattered most, he knew he was not selfish. He probably never would be."

YES! This is exactly how I see canon!Snape and how I think JKR wants us to see him
Dreamy Dragon chapter 1 . 9/16/2011
Excellent sequel. I like their choice of books!
premierludwig chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
These stories are lovely, and I'm enjoying them even more due to the choices of books which feature some of my absoloute favourites - North & South, Rebecca, Dracula. I'm hiding in your stories to distract m yself from toothache and the tales are very soothing. So off I go to read the third installment. :)
heartmom88 chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
Whew. I'm so glad I'm reading this at a time when part three is already written and patiently waiting for a click of my mouse; otherwise I should have been forced to torment you without mercy until you brought our heroes back together.

Unfortunately, they will have to wait until morning.

Have I recently reminded you how glad I am that you have a prodigious stash? Love. your. work.

hm88
Larisa chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Wonderful! :)
Knitchick chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Another wonderful installment in your series. I always love reading Severus' POV, it adds much needed depth.
Pieredae's Muse chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been meaning to post a review for a while, but have been busy with academia. I'd not forgotten this, though, and a second reading confirms what a poignant piece this is. I find that the stories that resonate with me most cause a plethora of ideas/feelings to bubble out of me, and the most special of them cannot even be formulated coherently (it would take to much time to separate them and put them into a logical order). It is not a large surprise to me that the Land of Might Have Been fits in this latter category, given two of my favorite characters, the glorious subject of books, and a wonderful understanding of the (necessity of the) solace that brings people together. My own experiences with my best friend tell me that while books are not the sole foundation of a relationship, each one read and discussed cements one's understanding of the other a little bit more. I suppose it is not a surprise that I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter! take care- Req
wallyflower chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
As a fan of reading in general and "Pack Clouds Away" in particular, I was so excited to find this. It's a very gloomy trilogy, isn't it? Thank you for writing this, I cannot wait for the next bit :)
secret2013 chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Hi, I like both stories and looking forward for the next part.
Opalfire chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
You certainly display a very wide range of reading yourself in these books. I'm proud to say I recognize most of them, and particularly enjoyed the reference to "The Spy Who Came in From the Cold". Excellent selection.