Reviews for Brewing Up a Little Love
unfittingpuzzlepieces chapter 9 . 4/10
This is downright one of the best fics I have seen in a while (but maybe your brilliance blinded my current judgement). The love potions were hilarious and Slughorn feels spot on. Draco feels a tad overdone at times but I've got the feeling that that is just the contrast between his blood puritist bigotism and Zabinis openminded rationalism. Pansy actually having a brain and Ron, although no overachiever like Hermione, at least having some emotion control feels more like the books and less like the movies where, lets face it, they are both pretty reduced.
I love how you included Lavender and Parvarti actually being part of Hermiones life, many people seem to think since they are not seen as anything else but dates by Harry (mostly) that apart from the Yule Ball and the Won Won disaster they had no importance in our favourite trios life. Which, considering they share a room with Hermione for 6 years, is kind of ignorant.
The love potions fit there brewers extremly well. Especially Pansy, Millicent, Draco and Hermiones. While Rons and Nevilles disasters were hilarious and fit there brewers lacking skill in potions, the others show how well thought through your story is. Parvarti, always up for a laugh. Millicent, big and burly just wants to be treated as a damsel. Pansy wants someone who will make all the pureblood events her father drags her to enjoyable, and treat her better than her father, though with class and dignity. (Ron really is a great fit for her.) Hermione doesn't play at the little things, she doesn't want a shag, she wants the real thing. Love with a capital l. Also, her potion can't actually be reversed, since it just points out the good and helps you accept that you like it. The actual affection is (if I understood correctly) not part of the potion, so the antidote doesn't reverse it. (It only gives back your ability to ignore it and focus on the persons bad aspects.) So, theoretically, if given time to take hold, Hermione really found a potion that leads to true love.
Malfoy is another chapter for himself. Even though he is majorly mislead and stuck to it, too proud and stubborn to see reason, he must think himself uncapable to be loved. His potion, while giving a more balanced type of affection, earases the memories of the potion recipient about the person they turn their affection to. That is in no way a requirement of Slughorns, so Draco must have deemed it neccessary for the effect of the potion to take hold. So, to make someone love him, he feels like he has to make them forget who he is. Pretty messed up if you ask me, but a perfect fit for Dracos love lacking upbringing.
The potion that hit Ron and Pansy is just hilarious. Their reactions to it adult yet entirely typical.
Harry singing for Ginny is a very Griffindor thing of Ron to ask and a very Gryffindor thing of Harry to actually do. They are adorable and both Ginny and Neville showed the strength of personality they deserve to be acknowledged for.

And before I forget, delusional Draco is really absolutly adorable Hermione, I agree.

Though I'm left to wonder how on earth you could have abandoned a so awesome fic. Whatever the reason, should you ever take it up again, I will most definetly read it. Should you not I thank you for this perfect little slice of happiness where the biggest trouble I had was trying to read on while bending over, laughing.
rhythmbluesgirl chapter 9 . 2/18
Noooooo last chapter :( This is such a good story, please continue it!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/8/2016
I've always called my brother Kreacher, since he's not read Harry Potter and doesn't know who Kreacher is.
Guest chapter 5 . 8/8/2016
In the books, Blaise's mother, I believe, was the one who he lived with, and she remarried several times, and left each one with a large sum of money to her name.
dhamann7878 chapter 9 . 5/7/2016
just discovered your stories and now I'm super sad because they have left me hanging
quadjot chapter 5 . 4/28/2016
I really like the way you're working the love potion, it was fun watching him become obsessed with Hermione's hair and scheme to get rid of it, and not think there was anything strange with that idea. I also really like Blaise and Draco's conversation and friendship, I hope that continues to shine through. The exposition in that section wasn't as well-integrated into the story add in previous chapters, but it all seemed like pretty necessary information.
quadjot chapter 3 . 4/28/2016
This chapter was hilarious! I live the image of Slughorn siding back in his chair, shielded, while laughing at the chaos. Good thing there aren't any regulations against abuse of power, or I would have never have had the chance to read this. Poor Ron and Harry, and by poor, I mean that was awesome!
quadjot chapter 2 . 4/28/2016
Though it pains me to see Draco be so horrible, I think it's truer to his character than having him be all front. There's definitely fronting going on, but damn there is a lot of prejudice too, and growing out of that is a painful process. I love your Blaise, I'm hoping he'll be there for Draco. Parvati and Lavender were great too! I was glad Hermione reported Draco, even if she still tried to hide it from Ron and Harry.
quadjot chapter 1 . 4/28/2016
I'm all buckled in to read this storybeen reading a bunch of serious ones, so I'm looking forward to a well-written school-era fic. I personally love stories that feature everyday interactions so we can see how they change each other's perspectives and how that, in turn, changes their other relationships and ripples ensue, etc. This one seems to be exactly that so I'm excited! My only nitpick (and it is truly a nitpick, and I'm perfectly happy ignoring it, it just struck mewhile Hermione wanting to do a slow-acting love potion makes perfect sense (harder, unique, seemingly less invasive), it does seem like it'd be harder to grade. Given the summary, I'm assuming Slughorn will be shown to work this to his advantage with Hermione and Draco, but it does seem like something Hermione would have considered or that Slughorn would have pointed out. Anyway, on to the next chapter!
acebabymilky chapter 9 . 2/11/2016
Sigh, when will you update this one? Its been 4 years...i really like it
Psychotic Angel chapter 9 . 1/11/2016
WTF?!

It is now Jan 12, 2016 and you still have not updated?! That is just... Lazy. When do Draco and Hermione get together? When do Pansy and Ron get together? And does Slughorn manage to find a cure for the potion? Dude seriously! You need to update this fanfic right now, at once, IMMEADIENTLY!
Psychotic Angel chapter 6 . 1/11/2016
Okay, stroke of genius crossing over parts from some of your other stories with this one. I especially liked the bit with Sparkles.
Psychotic Angel chapter 4 . 1/11/2016
Harry and his harking or Draco and Hermione. (I know the second wasn't an option but I still loved it!)
Psychotic Angel chapter 3 . 1/11/2016
That was hilarious! Although I can't help feeling sorry for Hermione Ron and Snape...
Draco Drama chapter 9 . 12/28/2015
What happened to Draco and Hermione? O_o?